Loose skin on my neck

Options
MrsDreamer1974
MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
Ok I am use to the loose skin on my arms, legs and belly and it is easy to cover up, but what does everyone do about the loose skin on the neck? I'm starting to look like a turkey lol. And to top it off I have this little dimple now so If I move just right it looks like I have a butt on my neck :-0 Anyone have any advice on how to handle this?

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm going to look into a laser skin tightening treatment!
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How long since your surgery? I lost 60lbs in 4 months and had quite a turkey neck myself.
    But in another month or so may weight loss kind of slowed down a bit and my fat redistributed thru out my body, and my neck isn't bad at all.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I had turkey neck too, it's still slightly loose but much better than before. I bought a moisturizer from Clarins that's specifically for the neck and it really seemed to help (and I am generally skeptical about claims that a product like that works!!)
  • MrsDreamer1974
    MrsDreamer1974 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I had turkey neck too, it's still slightly loose but much better than before. I bought a moisturizer from Clarins that's specifically for the neck and it really seemed to help (and I am generally skeptical about claims that a product like that works!!)
    I would love to know the name of the moisturizer, I got coco butter that is supposed to help with the skin but it does not seem to be working.
  • garber6th
    edited June 2016
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I would love to know the name of the moisturizer, I got coco butter that is supposed to help with the skin but it does not seem to be working.

It's this one.

https://www.clarinsusa.com/en/neck-anti-wrinkle-rejuvenating-cream/C010408024.html

It's a bit pricey but a little goes a long way. Also, I buy it when they have gifts with purchase or promotions, last time I got two smaller tubes of it for free when I bought the jar (at Macy's). You can find reviews for it online. L'Oreal and some other drug store brands make neck creams too, I am tempted to try one to see if they work, they are a LOT less expensive!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have turkey neck too. I think it's getting worse. I've lost a little more weight & I think that's the problem. It bothers me more than any other loose area now. I'm going to start buying lottery tickets to fund another plastic surgery :) .
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    It will tighten as you continue to lose. Massaging can help, especially if it's an area that tends to hold water. But special lotions aren't required. Exercise helps a lot to tighten skin, because it too moves the water from the fat remaining under the skin.
  • garber6th
    Options
    I agree that maybe for some, special products aren't necessary, but using quality products and taking care of your skin while you are losing large amounts of weight quickly is important. It's also important to consider other factors such as age, genetics, if you are drinking enough water, taking your vitamins, etc.