I feel like crying I am so happy!!!!!

Options
cheezels83
cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
OK it is still early days... but every day that I step on the scale it is moving down. WAY down.... 5kg in a week and a half. I know that some will be water but I have never ever experienced this before.
I don't feel hungry.
I don't feel like I am missing out.
I am not craving the usual things like potato chips etc.
I wish I had started this sooner. But for a year I was one of the ones who was calorie in and calorie out. Interestingly, the calories set are still the same in MFP so I am still aiming for 1580 BUT just by switching the macros to LCHF I am actually losing.

I have not experienced the "flu" that some have said they get early in either. I feel great.

The most interesting thing is that I have been able to recognize that I am just not hungry. This in itself is weird for me who would graze and eat all day because I was hungry.

Early days I know. But today I feel just so hopeful that this WOE is really for me. YEAH!

Replies

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WOW! It's taken me 4 weeks to lose 7.7 lbs (3.5 kg) so I'm duly impressed... Congrats. :smiley:
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Amazing and hard to believe, Not hungry, losing the pounds and no cravings ........ six months in and I couldn't be more pleased----and on top of it, this woe is super easy. Continued success to you @cheezels83 ;)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Well done. I remember the early days & am doing a happy dance for you. Go girl
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm tickled pink for you! Hang on to your happiness no matter what the scale shows in the future because all those other benefits will always be there for you.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Great work! You sound like I did in week 2! It's only gotten better!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the dark side of the calorie myth! Mwahahahahaha!
    Ahem... But really, congrats! Isn't it unbelievable how easy it can be?!?! This is why people think we're fanatics! It makes you wonder why EVERYONE doesn't know about this way of eating.
  • cheezels83
    cheezels83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am also a compulsive shopper when in a supermarket but have not even wanted to get some danishes or other sugary stuff. My partner was quite taken back that I actually came home with no sugary snacks- or potato chips... :-) I am aiming to be under 136kg- (300lbs for the US people here) by the end of summer. If it is more than that then I might just fall over!

• dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats @cheezels83!!!! I know that feeling!!! Makes you want to shout it to the world!!! So many hang on to age old notions that all the matters is CICO but once you cut the carbs it's like flipping on a switch and you are like WHOA!!!! How could I be so blind??? Keep up the good work!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Glad you are doing so well and so motivated !
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :)
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Cheers to you!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    If the losses slow down, don't worry! It still works! I've lost 120 pounds doing low carb! Keep reading and being responsive to what is going on with your body. There is a whole lot of info about low carb in this group. Very happy for you.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    cheezels83 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I am also a compulsive shopper when in a supermarket but have not even wanted to get some danishes or other sugary stuff. My partner was quite taken back that I actually came home with no sugary snacks- or potato chips... :-) I am aiming to be under 136kg- (300lbs for the US people here) by the end of summer. If it is more than that then I might just fall over!

I wish I could do that. My entire family would be Keto in no time, but I just can't bring myself to stop enabling them yet. And yes...that's exactly what I've become; an enabler to my carb loaded family. Sigh...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! These types of posts are wonderful to read!

I knew, early on, that this was the way I would eat forever, without question! Good for you!!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It's so amazing! I started June 1 and I'm still content with this way of eating. Right now, I have lemon pepper seasoned wings in my oven cooking and I'm so excited to eat them.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the early success! Kept it up...