Progress reports...

Options
BinaryFu
BinaryFu Posts: 240 Member
Just wanted to share with all of you who may get discouraged from time to time that sticking to this, figuring out what really works for you and not giving up can make the difference.

So with that in mind, let's share our progress!

I'll start...

imm1osgkmwc2.jpg

The above picture is of me at around 360lbs. At one point in my life I was 398lbs, so that picture there is 38lbs lower than my worst. Yikes.

h1y4v3tuuo5u.jpg

Here I am at 325lbs...getting better!

zb9i9rrb4n13.jpg

And here we are at the present, 294.4lbs and the Aloha shirt I'm wearing is the one I have spoken about in my blog - it is one of four that my mom got me for Christmas two years ago and didn't quite fit.

As you can see, they're now quite loose and comfortable to wear, even with an undershirt.

Starting Weight: 325lbs
Current Weight: 294lbs
Goal Weight: 200lbs

Progress: 31lbs
To go: 94lbs

It takes time, but we can do this.

Replies

• loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • loobe1066
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • loobe1066
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Don't know what is wrong here only letting me post one line this is annoying I will try posting again

• BinaryFu
    edited June 2016
    Options
    loobe1066 wrote: »
    Don't know what is wrong here only letting me post one line this is annoying

I blame the government.

And yes, losing weight helped me grow my hair back! Not really, there was just a time when I shaved my head over a challenge - I *really* don't have any pictures of me from that time other than that.

And interestingly enough, if you look closely, you can see that my head is getting bigger! It must be my ego! :lol:
  • loobe1066
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss 31lbs that's amazing well done. I see as a result of losing weight you have been able to grow hair I hope you were forewarned of this side effect hehe.
    Unfortunately I don't have any recent pic of me that are suitable for public viewing but when I get one I will post. I have posted a couple of old ones in CJ's community. I will try and post here tomorrow. I will also try to read your blogs tomorrow. I know the blogs you have recently posted on your wall have generally made me smile.
    Keep up the good work and thanks for your support
    Lou :*
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    loobe1066 wrote: »
    Congrats on the weight loss 31lbs that's amazing well done. I see as a result of losing weight you have been able to grow hair I hope you were forewarned of this side effect hehe.
    Unfortunately I don't have any recent pic of me that are suitable for public viewing but when I get one I will post. I have posted a couple of old ones in CJ's community. I will try and post here tomorrow. I will also try to read your blogs tomorrow. I know the blogs you have recently posted on your wall have generally made me smile.
    Keep up the good work and thanks for your support
    Lou :*

You often smile at the ramblings of crazy people don't you? Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings! :lol:
  • loobe1066
    Options
    Yep you know me so well. I smile sweetly and agree with them. There are times when I think crazy is normal. Being crazy at times is what keeps most of us sane.
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @BinaryFu
    Congratulations on your weight loss, doesn't it feel great to just feel lighter?
    Check out the post in success stories titled ' I lost an elephant's pe∆|s '. It's so funny but puts your weight loss in perspective.
    Please, tell me where I can find the blog! I'd like to read that, but I'm so mfp illiterate.
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    yasef13 wrote: »
    @BinaryFu
    Congratulations on your weight loss, doesn't it feel great to just feel lighter?
    Check out the post in success stories titled ' I lost an elephant's pe∆|s '. It's so funny but puts your weight loss in perspective.
    Please, tell me where I can find the blog! I'd like to read that, but I'm so mfp illiterate.

#1: Yes, it feels AWESOME. In fact, there was a time when I would mountain climb up the stairs here at home (actually it wasn't all that long ago...) and now I find myself walking or even jogging up them.
    #2: Wow...an elephant's ummm...elephanthood, eh? That's...just weird enough to give me a chuckle.
    #3: Check out the news feed on the home page. You will (rarely) see someone with a status update that says, "(person) just posted a new blog (blog title is the link to click)"

You could also just go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BinaryFu which will take you over to my blog area and you can browse them until your heart's content.
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    Okay, I don't know how this thread turned into Binary's progress report, but I wanted to share an update with all of you: When my mom passed away, I slammed face first into a plateau. I thought it was because I wasn't counting my calories properly, that I was snacking too much - something, right?

Well, it *was* something I was doing - I had accidentally dropped my calories too low. Because I was constantly struggling with not going over, I decided (before mom passed) to drop my calorie goal to around 1,700 - figuring that I would go over, but it would put me right in line with where I needed to be.

So...when someone dies whom you deeply love, you can forget things. *ahem* I forgot about dropping it under and was trying to make my calorie goals!!! In reality, I would either make them and feel HORRIBLE, or I would blow them out of the water by well over 1k cal in a day - both of which were causing a major issue in my weight loss attempts.

I finally gave up a couple of weeks ago and said, "I can't do this anymore, I feel like I'm starving myself!" and I readjusted my goals to 1.5lbs per week. I figured, losing is losing, even if it isn't the MAX each week, it's still better than NOT losing, which I was doing very well on my own.

When I did so, it reset the correction I had made...

My calories jumped up by over 400c per day! What a difference it made! I felt fuller, snacked less, wasn't panicking every time I got close to my goal each day, in fact I would see that and go, "Good, because I'm full."

Well, today was the proof in the pudding, or in this case the scale - I've dropped 1.4lbs since last week.

While I've heard about eating too few calories and stalling your weight loss from it - I'd never experienced it until now. Hopefully from here on out, the weight loss can continue a little more smoothly with only short plateaus - no more 2 month plateaus!
  • loobe1066
    Options
    Glad to hear you are back on track and losing again.
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    So, it looks like the first procedure has worked. There will be a period of waiting for me to heal up and then a second one will be done. After healing up from that, the third and final one will be done, which should clear up 50% or more of my lower back pain.

For those curious about what happened, you're welcome to read my blog found here.

I will caution you however, there is a section in the middle that shares my thought process during the procedure. I had to write it down and I will not hide anything from my dearest friends, so I will not delete it. However, if you do not wish to know what lies inside of me, skip that part. Please.

Peace and love to all.
  • cjdsign
    cjdsign Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys for being out of commission for so long! Here is my 4 months, I did this on Canva.com It takes a bit to figure out, but it worked well! Gentle Hugs, CJ And kudos for you DrFU and Lou!! 78vtb2bl264c.jpg
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! You can really see the improvement over time, that's awesome! Gentle high five...
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Thank You @BianryFU !!! Now if I can get the heart working correctly, I can get back in the water. I can see my torso getting stronger and I can hold myself up better. No cane in last photo. and I am walking without cane on carpet with bare feet (Non Weight Celebration!). Gentle High FiVe Back!
  • BinaryFu
    Options
    cjdsign wrote: »
    Thank You @BianryFU !!! Now if I can get the heart working correctly, I can get back in the water. I can see my torso getting stronger and I can hold myself up better. No cane in last photo. and I am walking without cane on carpet with bare feet (Non Weight Celebration!). Gentle High FiVe Back!

Look at your legs, just above the knees! HUGE difference! Really looking great. Patience with the heart, I've heard time can heal a broken one of those. (sorry, had to go for the play on words)
  • BBWmomma
    BBWmomma Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can really see your work. You give me hope.
  • cjdsign
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I will try to post an update soon as I get the brace off my leg! I hope you are all doing great and sticking to it in this New Year! Gentle Hugs! CJicxm8urfbgkg.png
    Clock wise 2014 @280, 2015 @265, 2016 @252 ~~ YAY~~!!!
  • loobe1066
    Options
    You are looking fantastic cj, can see you have lost weight x
  • cjdsign
    Options
    Thank you so much Lou!! I hope to keep on going!! hugs! CJ