Podcasts

Options
BlakelyFaye
BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
i am enjoying listening to Low Carb Island and Living la Vida Low Carb. Any other LCHF lifestyle podcasts out there that people like?

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Look in the Launch Pad (located at the top of the group forum page) for ideas. I haven't listened to many, other than some particular ones that members have posted along the way!

Also, this "bump" might help some who do, respond with their favorites! :smiley:
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ketovangelist.com and
    https://docmuscles.com/
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I listen to Keto Talk
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I like Fat Burning Man
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will check those out. I love listening to podcasts on my morning walk.
  • Walkingfool66
    Walkingfool66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really like 2 Keto Dudes
  • KetoTheKingdom
    KetoTheKingdom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nice collection, @KarlynKeto. Thank you.
  • madkcole
    madkcole Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Where does one go to find these podcasts?
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    In addition to some already mentioned, I just found The No Sugarcoating Podcast... It's pretty great so far!
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    madkcole wrote: »
    Where does one go to find these podcasts?

iTunes Podcast app is where I listen...
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    In addition to some already mentioned, I just found The No Sugarcoating Podcast... It's pretty great so far!

On your highly-esteemed recommendation, I'll give it another shot. Any episodes in particular you might suggest?
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Stalking the thread. I'll get a list going once I'm able to stalk some of the podcasts.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    FoundMyFitness by Rhonda Patrick, a PhD cool nerd scientist who focuses on bio hacking and using food as medicine, and has some really cool guests. She's amazing, I highly recommend her YouTube videos.

I second the rec for this one - short, engaging, informative, intelligent YT vids.

• anewlifeat40
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

On your highly-esteemed recommendation, I'll give it another shot. Any episodes in particular you might suggest?

I listened to one last night about PCOS, and I have watched Leanne's Q&As on YT, so that's what I'm basing my "review" on... but I doubt PCOS info would be relevant to you... LOL
  • RalfLott
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

I listened to one last night about PCOS, and I have watched Leanne's Q&As on YT, so that's what I'm basing my "review" on... but I doubt PCOS info would be relevant to you... LOL

Well, maybe not in my present circumstances... but it's still interesting.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    Posting this here to keep things in one place.
    Gastropod- looks VERY interesting
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10412095/gastropod-the-end-of-the-calorie#latest
    (@RalfLott :wink:)

This thread is posted in the Open Threads in the LaunchPad, btw for future reference.
  • RalfLott
    edited August 2016
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    The ATP Project's Podcast is my new favorite, these guys are unbelievably smart about using food as medicine and optimizing health at the cellular level. (Jeff is a doc/scientist who has done years worth of human and mice lab experiments, he is not just quoting from random studies) It's a bit geeky but I think they do a great job keeping it fun and layman-friendly. I have now modified my intermittent fasting routine based on these guys. They are not 'Keto' or any one diet per se, but do support all of the principals of LCHF.

Real Meal Radio is Prof Tim Noakes new podcast, it has short discussions on Banting, which is LCHF-Keto

FoundMyFitness by Rhonda Patrick, a PhD cool nerd scientist who focuses on bio hacking and using food as medicine, and has some really cool guests. She's amazing, I highly recommend her YouTube videos.

Bulletproof by Dave Asprey. He can drive me nuts at times with his extreme bio hacking ideas and pushing his coffee, but when he has a good guest on I am glued.

Here we are a couple months down the road.... These were great tips. Thx!

In particular, FoundMyFitness has a ton of interesting stuff, and it's one of the few nerdy channels I can watch with friends while (they're) eating pizza.

• RalfLott
    Options
    @ProCoffeenator pointed the way to 2 Keto Dudes.
    They've had some interesting content (including a recent episode on genuine signs of hunger vs. cravings).
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott I actually made to decision to back track and start listening to them from the first episode yesterday.