Week 6 weigh ins

Options
MarkusDarwath
MarkusDarwath Posts: 393 Member
Yes, it's early for the start of our final week. I'm putting this in because I will be gone until Tuesday night. Heading out on a road trip to visit a terminally ill relative.

Week 6:
Challenge SW: 282#
CW: 267#
7 Day Change: -1#
Challenge Goal: 264#

My actual weight change is either more or less than what I've got here, depending on how you look at it. Last week I switched from weighing fully clothed, minus shoes, but including keys wallet, phone, etc. to weighing in shorts only. That gave me a minus two that would have been a plus one without the change in method. I let it go because I do monitor my weight through the week and I knew that little uptick was just a day to day flux from eating some junkier food. This week I'm balancing out. I weighed both fully and minimally dressed and put in the average. After this week I will be strictly to minimal dress for my checkins. Given the road trip I'm about to undertake, where I will be away from my computer and not logging in or tracking, I have doubts about meeting my 6 week goal for the final group weigh in, but we'll just have to see.

Replies

• sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 64.7 kgs
    Week 2: 63.7 kgs
    Week 3: 63.9 kgs
    Week 4: 63.5 kgs
    Week 5: 63.2 kgs
    Week 6: 63.5 kgs :(
  • HarperAnn6
    HarperAnn6 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Great job keeping up with your weekly weigh-ins!

Starting weight on MFP: 170

Week 1: 145.4
    Week 2: 145
    Week 3: 143. 2
    Week 4: 142.8
    Week 5: 141.6
    Week 6: 140.4
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    June 24, 2016

Week 1: 240
    Week 2: 240
    Week 3: 238.5
    Week 4: 235
    Week 5: 235
    Week 6: 235

Ok, now I'm getting a bit frustrated. I mean I have had ice cream and pizza in front of me and not had any of it. There was two times when we went through the McDonald's drive-thru and I had salad with low fat vinaigrette. Still, this is the third week at 235. Well, it's not a gain. Maybe if I wouldn't have been so "good" I would have gained. And I am 5 lbs less than I was in Week 1. It's just really frustrating because any time I ever got serious about losing, it came off at about 2 lbs a week for a good while before a plateau. I haven't been losing long enough this time to hit a plateau. I guess I was a lot younger the last time I lost a lot. I'm not really complaining. I'm just talking to myself and trying to lift my own spirits. LOL

I hope you all keep moving forward. We can have little victories that don't involve the scale. I know I ate really healthy during the three weeks I stayed the same weight. That is great for my overall health. Thanks everyone and God bless.
  • sweetad
    sweetad Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Week 1: 143
    Week 2: 141
    Week 3: 141 :-/
    Week 4: 140
    Week 5: 138.5
    Week 6: 138
    CGW: 137
    Ultimate goal w: 130

Almost there! :-)
    I hope we can continue this!
  • jibeirish
    jibeirish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 23/5 160 LBS
    Week 2: 30/5 158.4 LBS
    Week 3: 06/6 160.6 LBS
    Week 4: 13/6 156.8 LBS
    Week 5: 22/6 155.6 LBS
    Week 6: 27/6 155.6 LBS

No change this week, but i'll put that down to bad food choices and beer over the weekend, I'm just happy its not a gain :)
  • GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wk1: 266lbs
    Wk2: 264lbs
    Wk3: 262lbs
    Wk4: 260lbs
    Wk5: 257lbs
    Wk6: 254lbs

Goal for challenge:253lbs
  • sweetad
    Options
    June 24, 2016

Week 1: 240
    Week 2: 240
    Week 3: 238.5
    Week 4: 235
    Week 5: 235
    Week 6: 235

Ok, now I'm getting a bit frustrated. I mean I have had ice cream and pizza in front of me and not had any of it. There was two times when we went through the McDonald's drive-thru and I had salad with low fat vinaigrette. Still, this is the third week at 235. Well, it's not a gain. Maybe if I wouldn't have been so "good" I would have gained. And I am 5 lbs less than I was in Week 1. It's just really frustrating because any time I ever got serious about losing, it came off at about 2 lbs a week for a good while before a plateau. I haven't been losing long enough this time to hit a plateau. I guess I was a lot younger the last time I lost a lot. I'm not really complaining. I'm just talking to myself and trying to lift my own spirits. LOL

I hope you all keep moving forward. We can have little victories that don't involve the scale. I know I ate really healthy during the three weeks I stayed the same weight. That is great for my overall health. Thanks everyone and God bless.

Keep it up. Change it up a bit, though. Increase calories or decrease. Put in some more exercise. Sometimes our bodies need to be shaken out of the plateau.
  • atrosper
    atrosper Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    W1 181.9
    W2 182.2
    W3 183.0
    W4 182.4
    W5 186.5
    W6 185.6

I seem to be going in the wrong direction. I'm hoping that I can get my *kitten* in gear over the next several months, as I got my bridesmaid dress ordered for my brothers wedding and I really was shocked when I found out what size I needed to order. Now I need to get moving and really see what I'm eating.
  • Meesamoop
    Meesamoop Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Week 1: 153.8 lbs
    Week 2: 152.6 lbs
    Week 3: 151.0 lbs
    Week 4: 150.8 lbs
    Week 5: 149.8 lbs
    Week 6: 149.2 lbs

Original Starting Weight: 175 lbs (2 years ago)
    Final Goal Weight: 140
    Goal for this challenge: Lose 1/2 lb per week

I'm just super happy that I finally got past my five month plateau! I've also stopped weighing myself everyday, now only weigh once a week first thing in the morning. My weight fluctuates too much day to day, so weighing myself daily is pointless.
  • flabflipper314
    flabflipper314 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    sweetad wrote: »
    Keep it up. Change it up a bit, though. Increase calories or decrease. Put in some more exercise. Sometimes our bodies need to be shaken out of the plateau.

Thank you. I'm going to just have to start doing some things in my chair. I have mobility issues from arthritis. I do what I can but I can't do a lot of the housework anymore. My knees don't bend at all. I can't drive anymore and I can only get into a very few vehicles.

Anyway, today I got on the scale and it showed 233. I'm just hoping it's the same or lower on Friday then I will really believe it's fat loss and not my weight fluctuating again. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I will talk to my dietitian to see what he thinks about changing my calories. He's the one who set up the plan to fit my activity level and my lifestyle.

• sweetad
    Options
    Meesamoop wrote: »
    Week 1: 153.8 lbs
    Week 2: 152.6 lbs
    Week 3: 151.0 lbs
    Week 4: 150.8 lbs
    Week 5: 149.8 lbs
    Week 6: 149.2 lbs

Original Starting Weight: 175 lbs (2 years ago)
    Final Goal Weight: 140
    Goal for this challenge: Lose 1/2 lb per week

I'm just super happy that I finally got past my five month plateau! I've also stopped weighing myself everyday, now only weigh once a week first thing in the morning. My weight fluctuates too much day to day, so weighing myself daily is pointless.

[/ most dieticians say weigh yourself once a week...same day, same time...usually with no clothes on...cuz those weigh different too. ]