Would someone check out my diary?

Options
Cryren8972
Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
I'm currently working on week 4.
The first week, I lost 7 lbs!
I have since gained two of those pounds back, and they are stubbornly clinging for dear life.
I would love it if someone with a sense of what I could be doing wrong, would look at my diary and see where I could maybe change some things up.
I feel like I've been dieting for 2 years now with nothing to show for it.
I've tried everything.

Replies

• Cryren8972
    Options
    As a footnote, I tend to not log as much on the weekends...but I'm sticking with the diet just like I am through the week. I just have less time to log.
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Is your diary private? It doesn't give me an option to look at it.
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    Is your diary private? It doesn't give me an option to look at it.

No...it should be public. I know friends can see it, let me look at my settings.
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    I just checked, it's set to Public.... :/
  • morrowsarah
    Options
    I'll look again
  • morrowsarah
    Options
    Sent you friend request. Maybe that will help
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    Thank you! I accepted the request.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was able to access it and I didn't really see anything that set off any alarm bells although you could probably increase your calories on occasion. I don't know anything about the Juice Plus capsules but I'm wondering if they are necessary?

I'm going to counsel patience --I don't know how much you have to lose so that may have an impact if you are already close to goal weight. Your body may also be recompositioning so don't forget to take measurements and pictures because the scale does lie...a LOT.

Also go with how you feel - do you have more energy/less hunger and generally feel more balanced? This woe of is more than weight loss although not seeing the scale move can really play with your head. I've been plateaued for ages but my clothes are getting looser so something is happening.

Good luck!
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    I was able to access it and I didn't really see anything that set off any alarm bells although you could probably increase your calories on occasion. I don't know anything about the Juice Plus capsules but I'm wondering if they are necessary?

I'm going to counsel patience --I don't know how much you have to lose so that may have an impact if you are already close to goal weight. Your body may also be recompositioning so don't forget to take measurements and pictures because the scale does lie...a LOT.

Also go with how you feel - do you have more energy/less hunger and generally feel more balanced? This woe of is more than weight loss although not seeing the scale move can really play with your head. I've been plateaued for ages but my clothes are getting looser so something is happening.

Good luck!

First of all, thank you! I appreciate that you took the time to check it out.

The Juice Plus capsules have minerals and other phytonutrients from fruits and veggies. I've been taking it for years, and thought it perfect for this lifestyle. On days I don't take it, I have those magnesium leg cramps.
    As for my weight...I'm VERY overweight, I weigh 204 lbs and I'm only 5'4, so it's not because I don't need to drop any.
    I haven't felt a huge spike in energy, and some days just feel kind of blah...but I'm trying to add salts to hopefully help with that.
    I'm definitely less hungry, hence the low calorie days. =)
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It can take several months to become fat-adapted and it sounds like you maybe aren't there yet. In other words, your body is still looking for glucose and isn't as efficient at turning to fat to burn. It takes time.

Also - some people just lose very very slowly. This is more of a mind game than a physical one sometimes! You are doing a great job...give it more time :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you're doing the same thing now that you were in the very beginning, let's face it, you're still in the beginning even now, then you're not doing anything wrong. Nothing is wrong. Weight fluctuates. I'm up 5 pounds from 4 days ago because I went for a walk! It happens every single time I do any kind of exercise. Even a simple walk.
    There's nothing wrong with the plan if you're doing the same thing. You will need to adjust your expectations if you expect weight to never rebound back up a bit or that there will be weeks when the scale does not go down. It happens to absolutely everyone. It has always happened. We just don't notice it until we start "dieting" how much our weight goes up and down.

Read this. Hope it helps.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10353600/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-stall#latest
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    It can take several months to become fat-adapted and it sounds like you maybe aren't there yet. In other words, your body is still looking for glucose and isn't as efficient at turning to fat to burn. It takes time.

Also - some people just lose very very slowly. This is more of a mind game than a physical one sometimes! You are doing a great job...give it more time :)

Thank you! =)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    The Juice Plus capsules have minerals and other phytonutrients from fruits and veggies. I've been taking it for years, and thought it perfect for this lifestyle. On days I don't take it, I have those magnesium leg cramps.

Now that's interesting. I've been considering taking them myself and I still have problems with leg cramps (nearly 2 years after switching over to a ketogenic lifestyle) even though I supplement magnesium daily AND use a high quality magnesium oil spray on my lower legs at night before I go to bed. I've only been using the spray for roughly the last 2 weeks and if anything it seems to be making the cramps in my right leg worse instead of better. Previously, I've only found one thing that worked for me to completely stop the leg cramps: Zipfizz. The only problem with that is that it is darned expensive(!) even when I buy it on the cheap at Sams ($20.00/box for 20 tubes so a 2 month supply = $60.00 - GAH!!). I've even tried Natural Calm products with no luck. The next thing I'm going to try is lite-salt or lo-salt. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what options I'll have left at that point.

some days just feel kind of blah...but I'm trying to add salts to hopefully help with that.

Try eating pickles, drinking pickle juice, salt your food or water as heavily as you can stand it, or my personal favorite for ease and taste is to dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink the broth twice a day. Upping your salt should help you feel better on those "blah" days within about 15-20 minutes of getting some additional salt!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm a painfully slow loser. I don't see anything in your diary that raises red flags, although your weekend logging is a bit spotty. I'd encourage you to log on the weekends, even just for a few weeks, to ensure that you aren't unintentionally eating at maintenance. Even a couple hundred calories extra could really change your weight loss outcome.

Keep in mind that weight loss seems to be rather individual, and weight loss on low carb / keto is a bit different than simply eating everything in moderation. I dropped 6 pounds at first, then didn't lose anything (but inches) for 2 full months. It's been painfully slow, but the progress speaks for itself. Hang in there!
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

Now that's interesting. I've been considering taking them myself and I still have problems with leg cramps (nearly 2 years after switching over to a ketogenic lifestyle) even though I supplement magnesium daily AND use a high quality magnesium oil spray on my lower legs at night before I go to bed. I've only been using the spray for roughly the last 2 weeks and if anything it seems to be making the cramps in my right leg worse instead of better. Previously, I've only found one thing that worked for me to completely stop the leg cramps: Zipfizz. The only problem with that is that it is darned expensive(!) even when I buy it on the cheap at Sams ($20.00/box for 20 tubes so a 2 month supply = $60.00 - GAH!!). I've even tried Natural Calm products with no luck. The next thing I'm going to try is lite-salt or lo-salt. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what options I'll have left at that point.

some days just feel kind of blah...but I'm trying to add salts to hopefully help with that.

Try eating pickles, drinking pickle juice, salt your food or water as heavily as you can stand it, or my personal favorite for ease and taste is to dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink the broth twice a day. Upping your salt should help you feel better on those "blah" days within about 15-20 minutes of getting some additional salt!

You've been considering Juice Plus?
    Call your rep! For some, it is a miracle worker. I know it was for me.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    @Cryren8972
    Like many, you're not recording your cups of water---are you getting enough?
    For some people, increasing water intake, gives a bit of a boost to the metabolism---might be worth a try.....esp since it's an EZ experiment.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing! Lost 14 lbs right off the bat first 2 weeks then nothing for 3 weeks. I decided to skip a couple weeks before weighing again. This morning I weighed and had lost another 4.6 lbs. I actually had INCREASED my calories for these 2 weeks! I ate 1200 2 days, then went for 1500 for 2 days and then back to 1200 for 2 more days, etc in a sort of zigzag diet. It worked!
  • Cryren8972
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    @Cryren8972
    Like many, you're not recording your cups of water---are you getting enough?
    For some people, increasing water intake, gives a bit of a boost to the metabolism---might be worth a try.....esp since it's an EZ experiment.

I'm drinking what feels like a LOT of water.
    I put on a pair of pants today that I wore last week. I am now able to pull those down without unbuttoning them....and last week, they were a little snug around the waist. =) So, I've lost inches, for sure.