Metabolic reset

Options
texgal927
texgal927 Posts: 67 Member
Ok read and still don't understand the Metabolic reset instead of a cut are you suppose to say maintain
Dawna
texgal927@yahoo.com

Replies

• jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When you reset you are trying to reach the number of calories that you body should maintain at. If you've been eating very low calorie you will need to "reset" that number by moving up to that number and staying there. Once your body has adapted to more calories, you can cut some calories and do a cut.

Does that help @texgal927 ?
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm on a metabolic reset myself. Have been for a couple months now at least. My TDEE is 2300, and im at 2200-2300 now. I'm doing it til the end of summer then going on a cut.

If you've been eating at a low caloric intake for awhile, your body has gotten used to that amount. Resetting it will allow you to go on a cut again, but it takes some time to get back up there. Do it nice and slow. Just increase your cals 50-100 a week until you hit your TDEE and stay there for 8-12 weeks.
  • texgal927
    Options
    This was so helpful thank you both. I was on 1700 calories a day now that I no my tree is 2150 I will work my way up to that
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawna
    I had responded to your post in the Welcome thread, but the girls here have helped you out as well:)
    I posted a couple of links for you on your other post and I hope they might help explain things a bit for you!
    Feel free to ask any questions!

Kelly
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • texgal927
    Options
    Thanks
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawna
    @texgal927 How are you feeling about things now?
    Is everything clearer? Anything you need help with?
    Have you been able to increase your calories up a bit yet?
    Ichel
    Em2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • texgal927
    Options
    Yes I have increased my calories but I know I can't do that very long as I gained form 189 to 192. I'm bloated and very gas worthy and not feeling well at all and have not achieved my total calories yet
  • TerezaToledo
    TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Have you been increasing them slowly? Specially if you added too much protein at once, your body will take more time to adjust. Check out our metabolic reset guide to see what to expect: http://eatmore2weighless.com/the-metabolism-reset-guide/
    Water is important, make sure you keep the fluid intake high. The fast weight increase most likely is water.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    texgal927 wrote: »
    Yes I have increased my calories but I know I can't do that very long as I gained form 189 to 192. I'm bloated and very gas worthy and not feeling well at all and have not achieved my total calories yet

Just to make you aware, what you are feeling is 100% NORMAL. The extra calories can cause ALL of those things you are feeling as your body adjusts to it all. Keep at it, push through, cause at this point, you are fighting the mental game. In no time at all, you will wake up and the bloat will be gone, the stuffedness will be gone, and you will actually find your hunger increases.

If you have the Starter Kit, all of the things you are talking about are listed on Page 40 as things to expect.. Please know, it is completely normal.

This might help you out with your boat
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/how-to-deal-with-bloat-during-your-metabolism-reset/

Kelly
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you are feeling bloated, but like Kelly said, be reassured that this is all completely normal.
    If you take the increases up slowly your body will readjust.
    Have you changed the types of foods you are eating, like more fibre = more bloat. Are you getting to your protein macro?
    Keep going, Like Tereza said, this is all part of the mental mind games. You will get through this with patience. We are are here to help and support you through it.
    Please give us updates so we can see how you are getting on.
    Ichel
  • texgal927
    Options
    Yes the article makes since thanks so much it really helped me understand more
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady! No need to rush (learn from me!)