Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Day 3

bellkat31
bellkat31 Posts: 74 Member
So the Dr has me trying a low carb diet this is just day 3. I am really kinda shocked that I am not craving something sweet because well I like sweet. I am drinking a shake in the morning could the shake be the reason or is it all the protein? Another question currently the dr said to stay under 50 carbs a day until the 19th then we will revisit when I changed my carbs to 50 grams a day it changed my calorie intake from 1500 daily to 980 daily I guess that is normal? Thought maybe somebody from this group may know. Thanks

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    It could be the protein or higher fat that is keeping you satisfied. 980 calories a day?? That seems low to me, unless you have a serious health issue where you need to drop as much weight as you can immediately. The typical recommendation is 1200 calories a day.
  • bellkat31
    bellkat31 Posts: 74 Member
    Thanks the Dr also said 1200 but didn't know why MFP went to 980 when I changed the carb setting.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    That's really weird. MFP's default for women that choose the 2lbs per week loss rate is 1200.
    You can manually change the calorie limit though.