Need low carb friends.

Options
canadacatman
canadacatman Posts: 224 Member
Seen my doctor today and he wants me on low carb diet. He said I need to lose weight fast or my health problems and going to get worse. I am only 42 I should not have health problems as of yet.

I'm on bp meds am very close to being diabetic and cholesterol is borderline high.

I need some low carb friends so I can see what you all eat for ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, though my journal is public if you just want to browse that. You should probably ignore all of the energy drink I pull in though. ;)
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My journal is open too
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Open diary here so snoop all you like but please keep in mind that I cook 85-95% of the meals I log especially the treats!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I think my diary is open but I ant remember. Add me if you need too!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. Please just indicate that you are low carb/keto in the request. Love seeing people feeds and how they're doing!
  • kennygang
    kennygang Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me if you would like I love having friends
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! The more the merrier!
  • SueMizzou52
    SueMizzou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd just like to suggest that a newbie get his hands on some of the Free meal plans available for lchf/keto. Usually the recipes are available too.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    you can add me! it's helped and encouraged me to have friends on here :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm always open to new friends! But, I don't log my food every day. Once you've logged meat, eggs, and cheese enough times you're not learning anymore, so I stopped.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    happy to be added - I am at the minute logging all my food but there will come a time when I will stop logging as I have just started a zero carb regime, where I eat only meat, eggs and cheese and drink water and occasionally Earl Grey tea.
  • queen_janine
    queen_janine Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and I sent a friend request :)
    I am low carb but not in the keto zone so much of my diary has some carbs.
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Also low carb (currently at 15%) but not keto. I'll make sure my diary is open - I've found that detailed and consistent logging is critical for me to prevent carb "drift"...
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I would like more low carb/keto friends. I tend to stay under 20g of carbs a day. My diary is open..but today I had 5 bites of ice cream for the first time in months..lol
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm glad to accept a request! My food diary is wide open, and kind of a hot mess right now.

Good to hear you are getting on board with this way of life/way of eating BEFORE things could get really bad...and kudos to finding a doc that supports it! I wish I was able to have been more conscious and done the same years ago.
  • Mawzermummy
    Mawzermummy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi team ! feel free to add me as a friend dariy is open to friends only week 3 of low carb for me carbs are sitting between 25-35gm atm would love to have some support from other low carbers :-)
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend. I've been LCHF/Keto for exactly one year as of today and am happy to help anyone out that I can.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Anyone can add me as a friend. I've been LCHF/Keto for exactly one year as of today and am happy to help anyone out that I can.

Congrats on your Keto-versary, @lowjax75!

I've been doing LCHF for about a month, and would also welcome supportive friends.