Non-Scale Victories (NSV)

Options

Replies

• typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,322 Member
    Options
    I realized today my shins don't hurt when walking distances and have been able to walk 3 miles and even further.
  • typeitdaily
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I really wanted a Mountain Dew and stared at it for a while while waiting in line at the store and walked out of the store without it.
  • hoovhome
    hoovhome Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have been LAZY, so today I forced myself to get out of the house to walk. Due to an interruption, I walked later than I intended and it was very hot and humid. I did get in 33 minutes of walking about 2.5 miles up and down hills and was sopping wet with sweat. Just getting back to it was a victory today.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    I really wanted a Mountain Dew today and,stared at it for a while as I was in line at the store and I walked out of the store without it.
  • kimc7511
    kimc7511 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Had a dr appointment recently and my A1C went from 13.6, which is WAY high, to 5.7, which is within the normal range. Dr is reducing meds with the hope to be completely off of them within a year
  • hoovhome
    Options
    I really wanted a Mountain Dew today and,stared at it for a while as I was in line at the store and I walked out of the store without it.

Congrats!!!!! Eliminating soda (MD and DP) was so very hard for me. I detest diet sodas, so was never tempted to switch. What made it happen for me was making sure I drank ALL my water and plenty of protein for my activity level. When those two things happen, my cravings are minimal or gone. I haven't had a soda of any kind in several months.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    hoovhome wrote: »

Congrats!!!!! Eliminating soda (MD and DP) was so very hard for me. I detest diet sodas, so was never tempted to switch. What made it happen for me was making sure I drank ALL my water and plenty of protein for my activity level. When those two things happen, my cravings are minimal or gone. I haven't had a soda of any kind in several months.

I haven't had soda in a little over a month, which is huge for me as I drank at least two 20 ounce bottles a day....AWFUL!!! I don't really care for diet soda so you are right in that water is my key. When I crave, I just remind myself I don't want to negate my exercise or drink my calories and like you I reach for protein!
  • RunningNeeNee69
    RunningNeeNee69 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Passed up a Mountain Dew Baja blast and a chocolate covered doughnut last night..and acquired a taste for celery today
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Hubby and I went out of town today to do some shopping. This never happens and not only did he go to all the stores I needed to visit, he suggested one or two more AND a movie. Ladies, my hubby has PTSD, so this was a huge victory. I did agree to eat wherever he liked, which threw all healthy choices right out the door, but today it was worth it. I did drink water only and exercised portion control. Heavy on the empty carbs and fat made me crash when I got home. Took a 6 hour nap and am now WIDE AWAKE! LOL. Still worth it.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    New trousers a full size smaller than the ones I was squeezing into in April, fit nicely no squeezing or pinching or bulging! That's a win.
  • mitsimr
    mitsimr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ok I was trying to post my before and current in here but am unable to figure out how I posted pictures before. Maybe I did it from a computer but it is on my profile now and if anyone can tell me how I will post it here.
  • typeitdaily
    Options
    I wore a size large dress instead of an extra large today.
  • hoovhome
    Options
    This week I really wanted to eat all the comfort foods I could imagine, although I really didn't have much appetite. Although I did have some foods that were not on my plan, I didn't give in and eat what my brain said would make my heart feel better. To me, that's a big win.
  • FitMeBetter
    FitMeBetter Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hoovhome wrote: »
    This week I really wanted to eat all the comfort foods I could imagine, although I really didn't have much appetite. Although I did have some foods that were not on my plan, I didn't give in and eat what my brain said would make my heart feel better. To me, that's a big win.

Good going! Our emotions sure play such a big role in our efforts here, don't they? I see how you do so well everyday. I'm encouraged by your dedication to yourself and your well-being. I want to be consistent like you!
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.
  • valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Cheering all of your victories!!! Woohoo!!!
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Good going! Our emotions sure play such a big role in our efforts here, don't they? I see how you do so well everyday. I'm encouraged by your dedication to yourself and your well-being. I want to be consistent like you!
    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

Thank you! I ate everything that was before me this weekend at the birthday party and leftovers the following day. I didn't log any of that, because honestly it would be guesswork trying to remember it all and the quantities - trust me, it was bad! LOL. Today, I logged everything, which was bad enough. Back on track tomorrow - also going to the grocery store to stock up on veggies, fruit, and lean proteins. :smile:
  • hoovhome
    Options
    I was able to keep up with my kids and grandkids through the three-day weekend and all the kiddos at Vacation Bible School this week. Two days to go and I have a week to prepare for a weekend event and church camp. That will conclude my scheduled activities for the summer, then I can work on other projects. :-)
  • hoovhome
    Options
    I started exercising and logging again today.
  • valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am going to hit decent step totals today, come hell or high water. Back on the horse!!!
  • hoovhome
    Options
    Today we took our grandson to his first day of Pre-K. He LOVED it! I cannot express the relief this was to us and again, we are thanking God for the many blessings He has brought our way. We are weak, ineffective, and humbled that we have been given everything we need to meet this little one's needs for this time in his life.