July 2016 - Walking Challenge

Options
Lilymay2
Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
Yeah !!! Summertime....

I thought I should start this string today as I have a really busy weekend coming up. July will be very challenging for me as I transition to retirement.

The summer months can be busy for people. Lots of picnics, bbq's and all those tempting party foods. I have relatives visiting and travelling myself. 7 birthday parties, 2 weddings and 2 anniversaries. I always take something to the parties - something that I know I can eat.

The walking trails and the golf courses are calling....

How about all of you? What will you be doing this month?

Replies

• magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Total Miles in June 117.37!

Thanks for getting us started, cutie pie! And major congrats on retirement...how very exciting!

I am going in late today to help out my co worker...we switched times. I am 11:30 - 8pm today.

Have time to get in here and post my plans for July.

I am working on getting out of credit card debt. Doing great and can taste success...by Nov 1st I should be debt free and then I can start to save for something...vacay, car, maybe even a place of my own.

No plans for this month except to work.

Do plan on besting my 117 miles, however...and lose 5 pounds. Dang it is so not easy...but I think my head just might be in the right place ... I feel the weight of that debt starting to lift and the pressure that came along with it. Now to get this body into better shape.

Goal 125 miles. More pool time...whether it is a class or I go to the gym and "noodle" on my own...I need to get to the pool. It really does work for me.

That's it...time to get to peddling. Love that we are still here! <3
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    magic71755 wrote: »
    Total Miles in June 117.37!

Do plan on besting my 117 miles, however...and lose 5 pounds. Dang it is so not easy...but I think my head just might be in the right place ... I feel the weight of that debt starting to lift and the pressure that came along with it. Now to get this body into better shape.

Goal 125 miles. More pool time...whether it is a class or I go to the gym and "noodle" on my own...I need to get to the pool. It really does work for me.

That's it...time to get to peddling. Love that we are still here! <3

That is awesome!! The weight of debt can be big time stress.

Have a great July :)
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    July Goals - 130 miles (OH MY last July I had 127 miles!!!)

Organize my craft room.
    Get my mom's house cleaned out and have garage sale or take to an auction
    Get my kids bedroom ready for when grandkids come to visit. then they can have their own bed and not sleep side ways in my bed :)<3

AND ....Golf more!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »

Organize my craft room.
    Get my mom's house cleaned out and have garage sale or take to an auction
    Get my kids bedroom ready for when grandkids come to visit. then they can have their own bed and not sleep side ways in my bed :)<3

AND ....Golf more!!

I need to do more and think about it less.

6:30 now...1 1/2 hours to go. We actually have a tornado warning going on. Take cover in your basement it says. What basement? LOL

Talk to you soon. Golf, kiddo, golf!
  • magic71755
    edited July 2016
    Options

exercise.png

7/1 4.84

Up early...slept great...but still, too early on a Saturday morning. Might as well peddle. Ernestine goes for a groom today at 8...I will make sure I get to the pool today. Lots of cleaning to do, which did NOT get done last weekend.

Always my story...such a procrastinator. I need to change that up in a hurry.

Wishing everyone a great July!
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more
    - Organize, organize organize!!

July 1 - 3.3 miles

===============
    Last night we went down to the local Regional Park to visit and watch the fireworks. We haven't gone to the fireworks for a couple of years so it was really nice.

Our grand baby arrived during the night. I think our son was so tired he forgot to say boy or girl....!!!

Must get a move on - he said visiting time is 9 a.m. He said mom and baby were doing good. So they will most likely be out by supper time, or sooner if the hospital needs the bed!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    How wonderful Lilymay! Mazel tov! Exciting times! ❤️
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good morning wonderful people. It looks like everyone has a busy July planned. We do as well. We are still working on the bf's home across town, to get rid of it. Lots of yard work and remodeling to do. He says he wants to have it done by August, but he's not so good at actually getting started, and every time I try to push at something, I'm the bad guy. So...we will be working around the home that we live in. This weekend, the goal is to get the deck replaced. Yes, we are doing the work. :)

I'm fighting the dying fitbit again. Trying to decide if I want to call them again and try to get a replacement, or just buy a new one, better model. Love being able to change out the bands on the flex, but it's pretty annoying to have to charge every day.

Still tying to get into a routine. So I think I'm going to commit to checking in on Saturdays. I have to get online to pay bills and can take the time to check in here, too.

Magic - congrats on working on the bills. I've been doing the same thing...finally down to nothing but a consolidation loan and a new refinanced mortgage that helped pay everything else off and have some left over for the work that we need to do on both houses.

My goal for July is to hit 100 miles. That's tough in the summer months, as I really really hate the hot weather. LOL

For July 1 - 1.99 miles. and a dead fitbit...charged for today. :)
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    And congrats Lilymay on the new grandbaby!!!
  • bananas04
    bananas04 Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    July goals:
    250k Steps
    100 Miles
    6.5k Daily step goal
    10 10k+ days

Same goals as June since I didn't hit them.

Also my baby just turned 6 months and I was 2 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. After our relaxing week at the cabin, I'm up another 2 lbs (which is the lowest ever after one of those trips). My goal is to lose these last 4 lbs by the time she is 7 months (7/29). :smile:

7/1 6286 / 2.57
    7/2 18612 / 7.68 (1/10)

Congrats Lilymay on the new grandbaby!!
  • Lilymay2
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ar9sgpc23yb4.jpg

My new grand son - Jax
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more

July 1 - 3.3 miles
    July 2 - 3.5 miles

July will be a VERY challenging month!!
    - 5 birthdays, 1 wedding, 2 anniversaries
    - family coming to camp in my yard for possibly a week!!
    - last lunch with the girls at work

OH well!!

80% of the things you worry about never happen
    10% happen, but are never as bad as you anticipated,
    10% you have NO control over!!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Lilymay2 wrote: »
    ar9sgpc23yb4.jpg

My new grand son - Jax

Oh man, how precious...that is just wonderful. Enjoy every precious moment. If that's you, you look great! Love the hair cut.

• magic71755
    Options
    Bananas, your baby girl is aaaaaaaaaaaaaadorable...so very cute. Congrats on getting back into shape ...good for you. Lots more energy to chase after a moving target! <3
  • magic71755
    Options

exercise.png

7/1 4.84
    7/2 5.61 miles (13,886 steps)

• magic71755
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MLH, good luck with the fitbit...I have called CS many times and they have actually sent out a replacement, free of charge.

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Fitbit
  • bananas04
    bananas04 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bananas, your baby girl is aaaaaaaaaaaaaadorable...so very cute. Congrats on getting back into shape ...good for you. Lots more energy to chase after a moving target! <3

Thank you! Thankfully the only moving at this point is rolling. Grandma keeps trying to get her to crawl and walk. I'm content with her staying stationary as long as possible!!

It helps that most of my walks are "weighted" as I wear her hefty 18lbs on my front. A nice calorie burner!!
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    bananas04 wrote: »

Thank you! Thankfully the only moving at this point is rolling. Grandma keeps trying to get her to crawl and walk. I'm content with her staying stationary as long as possible!!

It helps that most of my walks are "weighted" as I wear her hefty 18lbs on my front. A nice calorie burner!!

My daughter-in-law intends to baby wear Jax too! She has bought a couple different wraps. And yes your baby is so cute!
  • Lilymay2
    Options

Oh man, how precious...that is just wonderful. Enjoy every precious moment. If that's you, you look great! Love the hair cut.

Yes - that is me. I have learned to love my gray hair, I have had it since I was 30. And keeping it short works for me.
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    - 10 over 10,000 steps
    - Golf more

July 1 - 3.3 miles
    July 2 - 3.5 miles
    July 3 - 4.8 miles - 10476 steps
    July 4 - 2.3 miles
    July 5 - 2.3 miles
    July 6 - 3.6 miles

July will be a VERY challenging month!!
    - 5 birthdays, 1 wedding, 2 anniversaries
    - family coming to camp in my yard for possibly a week!!
    - last lunch with the girls at work

OH well!!

80% of the things you worry about never happen
    10% happen, but are never as bad as you anticipated,
    10% you have NO control over!!