2016 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - Vuelta Now Up and Rolling...

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    *thumb up* :mrgreen:
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    a short "gotcha" :mrgreen:
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Got it
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Soooo... I broke my 2nd toe on my right foot earlier this week :open_mouth: I'm hoping with enough padding it won't hurt too much being stuffed into my cycle shoes tomorrow :smiley: BRING ON THE TOUR!
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have issues uploading my gps/cadence/speed data from Wahoo to Strava. My Wahoo Blue SC cadence /speed sensors don't connect to Strava directly, so I may just take them off during the tour.
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Right we are off, first one on the boards. Team pie we have some km's banked. Hope everyone has a great Grand Depart
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Kupe wrote: »
    Right we are off, first one on the boards. Team pie we have some km's banked. Hope everyone has a great Grand Depart

Why did I "just know" you'd be opening the rollout...

Yep - we're under way folks - auto-logging caught the first ride logged and the TdF Challenge is now on...

Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and stay safe - lets see if we can get through this tour without any reported crashes or injuries shall we...

• TheBigYin
    Options
    if anyone wants to "bookmark" the Logging Spreadsheet it's here...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFwKYoQS5OffYby42Az52HbFjhhpORZXDXOjgblu04o/edit?usp=sharing

access is "read only" but I believe that you can still manipulate the leaderboard tables to sort by either speed, distance or ascent in the usual "google sheets" sort method...
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Well I think Team Pie also gets the 2nd entry on the boards as I posted my ride to Strava at least half an hour ago but it seems to be taking a while to upload to the spreadsheet so maybe not? :-(
  • FitterBody
    Options
    FYI - It posted on Cycleleagues almost immediately but still not on the MFP LeTour Google doc spreadsheet
  • FitterBody
    Options
    Ok, we are getting there....data posted but positions and points not yet updated...Will check again later.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Team Twinkie Scoff - 59km from me today. Will upload ehen i can. No ride for me tomorrow (Sunday) on a plane back to Hong Kong.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    FitterBody wrote: »
    FYI - It posted on Cycleleagues almost immediately but still not on the MFP LeTour Google doc spreadsheet

yep - I looked into this during the Giro...

CycLeagues updates pretty much straight away - indeed, if anything it picks up data too quickly - often hoovering up a ride before the user has had chance to change the "aactivity type" to something more appropriate (as some of us do, when using a cycling garmin to record walking/hiking distances) - this then requires manual intervention on the CycLeagues database.

Google Sheets however is potentially a much slower update. The "back end" engine that handles "refreshes" of external data sources has a latency of "approximately one hour", and the data is only refreshed on the server that buffers the data, so refreshing the spreadsheet won't help. I've got a "dirty" backdoor way of getting it to refresh, but it requires me to edit the spreadsheet to force a refresh - so it's something I do when i'm preparing to do any housekeeping on the sheet, but not something I do "on demand"...

Still - it's much quicker waiting for the "roughly once per hour" refresh from google, than waiting for me to log in and type all the data, as was the case for the past few years of running this challenge... It also means that I could possibly leave the whole thing unattended for a couple of days and actually go somewhere more interesting to ride than just "out of my own back door" at some point in the 3 weeks...

• anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Looks like mine loaded in fine :-).
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    I see data on the spreadsheet from today.
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wants a prize for being the slowest tour rider ever.

9xm9q0gay24q.png
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This ride here .........1:53 PM on Sunday, July 3, 2016

Just a note on this ride here, I think the data we use is fine, but my Wahoo TICKR HRM battery was failing (I am hoping a new battery fixes it) so MFP anyway came up with a really screwy calorie burn of 313 cals in 31 miles, it thought my HR was 45 BPM for much of the ride. I send data to Garmin first, which shares with Strava, which shares with MFP. Garmin is the source of the 313 cal value, Strava strips that out.

Just in case something looks screwy on a periodic review :-).
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Wants a prize for being the slowest tour rider ever.

9xm9q0gay24q.png

I might challenge you... currently riding with a lower back issue so I am going nice and slow.