didjulyke your workout today? - checkin thread

Options

Replies

• lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ninenines wrote: »
    I love the thread title! And I did like my workout today. As I mentioned in the last post of the June thread, I'm repeating week three of this Wendler cycle to align it better with my menstrual cycle. Who knows if it will make any difference. I'm not sure if I notice any strength differences, but I definitely notice the hunger differences between follicular and luteal phases.
    )

I believe there is something to our strength differences based on where we are in our menstrual cycle. I can tell the difference in my own. At first, I thought it was nonsense, but then I've had my own struggles with gains usually the week of or sometimes immediately following. I'm stronger the week before and after. I'm still doing research to understand it.

Glad to have someone else who's aware of this, too.
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Love the title and loved my workout today!

Looking at the waiter move and Turkish get-ups - thanks @canadianlbs

Friday, 7/1/16
    Week 11/Workout A /Total Wks11

Squats- 4/4/4/5/5 @ 185lbs
    Bench Press- 5/5/4/4/5 @ 105 lbs
    Barbell Row - 5/5/4/5/5 @ 115lbs

Sat, 7/2/16 - 30 min HIIT Elliptical

Monday, 7/4/16
    Week 12/Workout B/Total Weeks 12

Squats- 5x5 @ 185lbs - felt good lifting today. Best lift day in a while! Tough, but, I made it.

OHP- 5x5 @ 80lbs - these went miraculously well! I have had to lower weights before and now I'm only increasing 2.5lbs per session. But, today, I rocked it!

Deadlift - 1x3 @ 220lbs. I remember the days that I lived this exercise! I still do, but at these weights -- it's tough, but rewarding. Of course, I'm feeling major DOMs now!

Have a great 4th!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    did a looooong-*kitten* bike ride to get a massage. then walked/rode the bike home, since she did some pretty medical things to my sacrum and my hamstrings.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts rest day

Kettlebell Swing

GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X7X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge

7 miles
  • NyeMye
    NyeMye Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Longtime lurker here. I'm finally checking in. I have been doing Stronglifts on and off for a few years between babies. Pretty much every time I get to about 100 lbs. on squats, I find out I'm pregnant. Haha. I guess you can lift while pregnant, but it freaked me out a little. Anyway... I am almost back to the 100 lb. mark, and I'm hoping no baby this time. That would be... well... shocking, I suppose.

Squats 5x5 @ 80 lbs.
    OHP 5/5/5/3/5 @45 lbs.
    DL 2x5 @110 lbs.

I probably could have squatted a bit more, but I really want to get form right. Anything to avoid injuries.

I love reading all of your inspiring posts, and I'm always looking for more lifting support. Feel free to add me. :)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I attempted my gym's new stairmaster for a total of 10 minutes before getting bored.

Then I did some cable rows, shrugs, lat pull-downs, and tricep pull-downs before getting on a spin bike. I do like the spin bike, because I can just ride to the beat of my tunes and pretend I'm back in spin class.

I forgot my regular bra at home so I'm stuck in my sports bra until I get off work - which will be late today. First world problems!
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Deadlift Day, Week 3, Take 2
    Main: Deadlift
    Warm up sets, then 5@62kg, 3@70kg, 7@78kg (two more reps from last week!)
    Assistance 1: Front Squat
    5x10 at 15kg
    Assistance 2: Bulgarian Split Squat
    5x8 at 15kg.
    Superset with Lateral Raise
    5x9 at 4.5kg
  • Ariadnula
    Ariadnula Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Bench: 8/8/8/7 @27.5kg
    inverted row: 8/8/12/12
    Deadlift: 5/5/5 " 42.5kg - still taking this super-slow
    Then some hamstring curls on the machine
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My 4th workout so far running 5x5 plus some accessory lifts that I chose from the Ap.

Failed on the close grip bench press today.... The rest went pretty well!

pd7z4w0zp9nw.jpeg
    lhurh89jf3ey.jpeg
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Got on the squat rack at the gym this morning then couldn't get on the bench for presses!!!

So squats 5x5 @ 72.5kgs
    Rows 5x5 @ 45kgs

Then 10 x13 kettlebell swings @20kgs and 5x5 kettlebell push presses each side @12kgs.

Rest day tomorrow. My hammies will thank me!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts Workout B

Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    0HP-1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL-1X5X 140

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge

7 miles
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    SL B today (skipped Monday because I couldn't leave the pork-laden smoker unattended)

SQ: 1x5x45/65/85, 5x5x95.
    OHP: 5/5/4/5/3 x 55
    DL: 2x5x120 I know I'm not "supposed" to, but an extra set of deadlift makes me feels strong coming off OHP.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    It must be a thing in the air because I missed my bench too - both benches were always being used!

Squat - 5x5 for 80 lbs - deloaded to work on depth. Got lower and tried to pause there for a count or two to really get the feel. I put it in as a fail in the app so I can try it again at this weight.

Bench - Skipped

Rows - All the barbells were taken (the gym was just so full this morning) so I grabbed the 60lb fixed barbell, even though I was told to deload only down to 65. I like how 60 felt - I didn't struggle to pull. I think I am going to stay here for one more session to really get it.

Some assisted dips and chins to end the session.

I brought my bra this time!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Has been a long set of days. We had the rosary on the 4th of July at the Catholic church. Then watched fireworks at home because we live right where the small town does its holiday show. Yesterday was the funeral. Glad it's over and everyone is going back to the daily grind. Stepsisters' are both gone and we're driving back to LA tomorrow.

I did find a gym. It wasn't there last time I was in town, so it was interesting to check out what would be available. And it's a crossfit small gym. Has more weight lifting stuff than the commercial gyms and only cost me 5$ for a day pass. I was able to squat, bench and deadlift.

Did just a warm up with squats, doing light weights. I kept them light so it counts for the "deload" week I'm supposed to be doing. Then I did the bench and deadlift I was supposed to do over the weekend. Failed on 4th rep of the amrap in bench but tis okay. I hadn't done bench in a while. All the food and such showed with the lifting belt though. Had to use the 3rd hole instead of the 4th hole. Will be happy to get back to eating regular and less dairy too.

Squats
    2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, almost 115 (had kg plates along with lb) 3x5

Bench Press
    1x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 55, 1x6 @ 65, 1x5 @ 80, 1x3 @ 90, 1x3 @ 100 (failed 4th rep attempt)

face pulls 3x8 @ 40

Deadlift
    1x6 and 1x3 @ 135, 1x5 @ 170, 1x3 @ 190 and 1x5 @ 215 (last two with belt)
  • ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    OHP Day, Week 3, Take 2
    Main: OHP
    Warm up sets, then 5@20kg, 3@22kg, 5@25kg (just managed to eke out the last one)
    Assistance 1: Bench Press
    5x10 at 20kg
    Assistance 2: Barbell Row
    5x10 at 30kg
    Superset with Plank
    5x45sec

Looking forward to deload week. I'm actually a bit sore from yesterdays deadlift workout.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    new job, first day. underwhelmed with their 'on site gym' and really trying to remind myself that i never expected anything else, realistically . . . except of course you know how it is, and i did.

i rode though. and even if i'm not lifting, the uphill on the way home is giving my hamstrings a seeing-to. i'm glad i did the break-in rides over the previous couple of weeks. they may be paying off, although i don't want to get too cocky. that hill is a Hill.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    Got in today and did my bench. I didn't enter it into the SL app but I did the deload it suggested at 60lbs for 3x5.

Worked on squat depth again - did some goblet squats and some really light squats in the rack. Danced to Wham's Wake Me Up Before You Go Go while in the rack. I'm THAT person lmao

Will be away from the gym for a bit as I get ready to go to Ireland for two weeks.

I will be going to the gym while there - my friend said it is five minutes from her house. From what I can see on the website, they have a rack and a bench so I should be OK to keep doing SL while there. Will have to change the unit of measurement to KG though.

My professional life has been super busy as of late, working overtime almost every day and I feel super tired so I can't wait to leave!
  • canadianlbs
    edited July 2016
    Options
    bike out: 45 minutes (i took a detour).
    bike home: 43 minutes. seriously.

i took my spare tub of bcaa's to work and hid them in my overhead cupboard too, so i guess i haven't written off the idea of workplace workouts just yet. it's just that i hate the pitbull woman and everything about her corporoid 'lifestyle' gym so much . . . went down to register for just this month today, as a transitional thing while i find my feet, and got told it's 'minimum three months'. so there i was angry all over again.

everything about her and her globo-gym pisses me off. but they're doing a weekly yin yoga class this month, aagggh.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Good day today.... But I don't feel like I'm getting much out of my standing calf raises... Need to check up on that.

Question... Is it ok to do the barbell rows with the bar that is like a triangle grip? A guy stopped me in the gym today to say it's not as awkward as the Olympic bar... Thoughts?

trmv15op7xkr.jpeg

dwi28oql1qp3.jpeg
  • spritey86
    spritey86 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Had a nap and food before gym yesterday. Felt so tired. Removed some weight.

Squat - 5x5 55kg
    Bench - 5x5 37.5kg (Still :( )
    Barbell Row - 5x5 52.5kg

Need to catch up on some sleep before next time. I looked like a zombie moving weight last night.