Haha! But you're not losing....
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bumping for @Leanbean65
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    My teeth don't feel scummy (don't worry, I still brush and floss!); I don't get irritated red bumps after shaving; my skin feel softer overall; my nails aren't brittle the way they used to be. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My fingernails have definitely gotten stronger. I've not noticed much else but feel my mood has elevated and I feel I am much more in tune with what is going on around me. In less of a "fog", I guess.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    These are all interesting. I have noticed that hair/nails thing (thickening/strengthening) over time (I've only been keto just over a month, but was eating mostly clean/whole for almost a year).

TMI (ladies' stuff)
    Yesterday, I got my period two days early, and have had only one brief bout with cramps today. I normally get them for the first two days, and they are solidly present, so I have to medicate constantly, take longer hot showers, and/or use a heating pad. Any other ladies notice changes in this area from LCHF/keto?
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    When I was at my highest weight, my skin was ultra broken out for the first time in 50 years. I also got continuous scabbing patches all over my scalp Those conditions lasted until I did keto. Both conditions cleared up totally after 4 months or so. Amazing.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bump. Need the next generation to chime in!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    On the other hand.... when I eat under 50g carbs (no matter how much fat, or what season of the year) the corners of my thumbs crack deeply and painfully like bad papercuts. It doesn't matter how much moisturizer I use either. I just have to seal the cracks with a drop of Krazy Glue. (not kidding - it is similar to what they use in hospitals to close some cuts) All other 'usual for most people' dry skin issues like heels, elbows, etc are no problem when I'm low carb.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Sigh. My hair didn't get any thicker.
    Still look just like Yul Brenner.
    ;)

Haha! But you're not losing....

But I am - darn forehead is getting bigger all the time (and, no, it isn't my brain swelling from all the knowledge that I'm getting from the group!).

On the positive side, my heels are not dry and cracked any more and a significant amount of my aches and pains have gone away (still have a few left from age and prior abuse of my body thru sports and injuries, but even those have lessened).

I have been low-carb since last May and done periods of Keto/carnivore in that time span.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    On the other hand.... when I eat under 50g carbs (no matter how much fat, or what season of the year) the corners of my thumbs crack deeply and painfully like bad papercuts. It doesn't matter how much moisturizer I use either. I just have to seal the cracks with a drop of Krazy Glue. (not kidding - it is similar to what they use in hospitals to close some cuts) All other 'usual for most people' dry skin issues like heels, elbows, etc are no problem when I'm low carb.

try Aquaphor. I had the same problem for years. It feels kind of like vaseline and you don't need a lot. Just rub it in really well. That helped me survive my years living in Ohio. Thank the good Lord I am back in Texas where 40 degrees F is considered really cold!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Con: I have clothes that are too big.
    Pro: I can fit into my leisure suit again.

leisure suit is a pro?

Not so sure about that myself.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    My teeth aren't wearing sweaters, as I like to say. My hair is healthier, I have clear skin. I haven't felt depressed in weeks. Oh and some weight loss :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Con: I have clothes that are too big.
    Pro: I can fit into my leisure suit again.

leisure suit is a pro?

Not so sure about that myself.

Yeah, I feel your aesthetic pain. However, I was able to sport the hideous salmon-colored relic at a HS reunion. By the time everyone had tossed back a few drinks, it seemed to have exerted an odd attraction to people with selfie habits. :s
  • PaulaJSchiller
    PaulaJSchiller Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Some positives changes I've seen:

Seasonal allergies disappeared. Walnuts and pecans use to make my throat and deep in my ears itch when I ate them, that no longer is the case. I wasn't able to wear earrings the metal would cause my ears to get infected. I can now wear any cheap pair without a problem.

I don't wake up with gunk in my eyes. I have little to no gas. I sleep very deep and sound.

I also the same as what's been mentioned less oily hair and my heals are no longer cracked and dry.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize till reading this but my elbows are soft! Face is clear, mood so much better, my body feels healthier, skin is no longer itchy and no gas.