Resetting

Options
mzchevious
mzchevious Posts: 20 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
So I'm resetting the macro nutrition, can anyone please tell me the percentage for protein, fats, carbs?
Thank you

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There are different schools of thought on how much of each you should be getting. The dieticians/doctors (as well as my own research) don't really recommend percentages. If you've had bariatric surgery you should definitely try to get your protein in first 70-80 grams minimum. Limit the "bad" carbs and stick to "healthy" fats as much as possible. That's pretty much the approach I've had.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your approach to eating. There are macro calculators online that can help you figure yours based on your goals.
  • mzchevious
    Options
    B)
  • mzchevious
    Options
    I wanted to double check the percentages because on mfp asks for the percentage for those 3
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm at 50% protein, 40%fat, 10%carbs. I hardly ever get my 138g protein, but I try to hit at minimum 80-100g. I do try to keep the carbs under 30, and don't force myself to eat fat, of course.
  • mzchevious
    Options
    Thank you
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My Dr said to set the calories to 1100 for maintenance and use the recommended %ages. He does not believe in the high protein amounts many bariatric programs prescribe to. His prefers plant based and high fiber, with thoughtful choices of protein. One reason I went to him. I tried South Beach and it did not work. And I'm not a huge meat eater.
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have mine set like "anbrdr" - 50% protein, 40% fat, 10% carbs...it works for me. I'm at goal, so I eat a little more carbs now, but not much...
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I have mine set specifically by grams. For me, it's worth it to be able to set by specific grams, which is how my doctors, dietitian, and trainer have them set. I use baseline macros with exercise add-backs, which allow me to have variable training days. Baseline is 1,145kc, 35c, 105p, 65f. My add-backs are by percentage of my exercise calories earned: 15%c, 30%p, 55%f. Since I'm still losing, I don't eat back all of my allowed fat.
  • mzchevious
    Options
    Thank you, I have an appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed they can help me more