New to the group!

Options
Mandy_1982
Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
Hi everyone!

My name is Mandy. I'm 34 years old and I live in Idaho.

Next week I will be starting month two of my six month preparation period for sleeve surgery. I've been eating healthier for the past two weeks and I'm down almost five pounds. I've tried so many diets, plans, etc. and nothing freaking worked for me. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes about six months ago and I knew it was time for a major change.

I went to a WLS seminar at my local hospital and it was eye opening. I realized that there is hope for me and that I just need the extra tool to get this weight off. I've been on MFP for a couple years. I'm so glad that I found this group. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, along with looking back on old posts to see your journeys so far.

HW: 281
CW: 277
GW: 150

P:S: How do you post pictures on here?

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Read through a few past pages of topics and see what is available here. There are lots of people at all stages of the process. Send some friend requests to people who catch your interest.

Hit the pre-surgery changes as hard as you are able. Learn the habits you will need and every pound you lose prior to surgery will make it easier to hit your goal.

Rob
  • krissymae88
    krissymae88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy. Welcome. I had RNY on 3/3/16 and I had to do the 6 month diet before hand. It was tough but I was glad to have the practice before surgery.
    This group is awesome. It's good to see so many amazing success stories. This group is also great because people are very open and honest about their struggles. During the hard times it's easy to feel like a failure, but the support from this group has helped me get past it.
    I'm always open to new friends so feel free to send me a friend request if you would like to.
    As far as pictures, I've only done one, but it was easy to follow if I remember correctly. However, I had to do it on my laptop as opposed to on my cell. I usually use the app, but I couldn't figure out how to post pics on my phone.
  • Bluemajestic
    Bluemajestic Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group!!
  • spears_family40
    spears_family40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. Starting the Wl prior to surgery. Lost 3lbs trying to eat like I have had the surgery. Eating slowly has been very tough but I am working on jt
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!