Fat Bombs - What a re you favorites?

Options
jennbrook180
jennbrook180 Posts: 7 Member
I'm new to the Keto diet (day 3) and want to expand my diet a bit. Thinking I'm going to make some fat bombs this weekend. What are your favorites?

Replies

• all4thehealthofit
    all4thehealthofit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sad to see no one responded! What have you tried?
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's mine, they are alright but I don't love them. I've been looking for advice on them as well:

1 Cup Coconut Oil
    0.5 Cup Cocoa Powder
    2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
    0.25 Cup unsweetened coconut Flakes
    0.5 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
    Stevia to taste (I use a 1 gram packet)

melt all in pot and pour into molds or tray.

Makes 12 servings at 201 calories each.
    Some other things you could add or substitute are nuts are sea salt.
  • HeartIcare
    HeartIcare Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @TeamAmarie Thx for sharing happen to have all the ingredients going to make tonight.
  • ShelJomfp
    ShelJomfp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm so glad to have found some place to share this one!

Since starting keto (about 4 weeks now) I don't like very sweet things so I was thrilled to find this recipe for Keto Choconut Almond Butter Cups. It can be sweetened to taste, of course, but I used 86% cocoa choclate and no other sweeteners. Here is the recipe with my modifications. You may sweeten to taste, of course:

INGREDIENTS

Bottom Layer
    • 1/2 cup 86% cocoa chocolate, finely chopped
    • 1/4 cup cocoa butter
    • 1 tsp vanilla powder
    Melt chocolate with cocoa butter in microwave and stir in vanilla powder. Pour into mold or muffin cups and set in freezer while you work on Middle Layer.

Middle Layer
    • 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
    • 1/4 cup coconut oil
    • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    Depending on your room temp you may need to melt your coconut oil. Blend well with almond butter and cinnamon and pour over Bottom Layer if it is firm enough. Pop back in freezer while you whip up Top Layer.

Top Layer
    • 1/4 cup coconut oil
    • 1/2 cup creamy coconut butter (or 100% coconut butter/manna)
    • 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
    You can use coconut oil but it leaves a harder 'bite' than I like. Using all coconut butter provides a similar crisp bite but is more coconut-y - your choice. Either way, melt as necessary and blend well with unsweetened coconut shreds. Pour over Middle Layer if it's firm enough. Pop back in the freezer and count down to yummy.

I store these in an airtight container in the fridge for when I need to get some fat in. I LOVE them.

• SlenderClassyElegant
    SlenderClassyElegant Posts: 62 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm nervous!! :/ We've all been taught that some of these fats
    are "bad" for us. My family has a history of heart disease,
    high blood pressure, and breast cancer. :( I am worried that if
    I do this kind of eating it will increase my risk, etc. :o

Any thoughts?
  • Debbish1
    Debbish1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Follow "stephanie person" she is the keto guru. She is the most knowledgeable that I have found. She eats very clean and explains everythings. As far as being afraid of fat, the only thing to worry about is sugar and carbs!!! But you should choose good fat, no veg oil etc