Just the Basics: July: Week 3 (7/15-7/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
Challenge blurb:
Welcome to LC Basics Bootcamp!
At the request of June Challenge members, and since no one else has mentioned anything else :lol:, here we go again!

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important other basics. Staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of this post should the thread get buried. 2 clicks, to this post and the Weekly link, will get you back to it.

So go ahead and post your goals in this Thread.
My daily post would look something like this.
SW: 159.6
CW: 159.6

Wed 7/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your basics.

Make this month count! Tear it up!:+1:

Apologies. Running a little late on the post today.
Super tired as I didn't sleep well (Sjogren's flare making the eyes act up), and super busy day today.
Here it is.

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thank you @baconslave - I feel you on the super tired I've been struggling with insomnia badly of late. I hope your body stops flaring up in short order!

For Week 3, I'm going to weigh in this Monday before we go out of town and then I won't even have access to my home scale for a week so keeping to the Weight Once A Week Max goal will be easy haha

I'm also kind of doing this for the past week and probably for the rest of the month in basically the way that Ad-Lib April was meant to be - calories be damned, all I'm focusing on is keeping carbs below 50 total. Period. Well, and electrolytes, because I always do that. Next week will be difficult but hopefully not impossible when we are out of state but even if I fail I will do so giving it my total effort!

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Just lost a long post. Sigh.
    Bottom line. Still fighting the fight.
    Not feeling too happy, but really...so what?
    Keep calm and keto on.
    The alternative is fat and unhealthy.
    Im getting ready for dance night. Hope your weekend rocks!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm with you @Phrick .. Leaving tonight and will be out of state for the next week and half. Going to keep carbs below 50 and make sure I get in some activity each day.
  • LCChris2016
    LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Made it through week 2,Yay! Tightening the belt a bit more this week. I snuck in a huge cup, no scratch that, a HUGE coffee mug full of ice cream last night. Not gonna lie, it was awesome!Sure a treat once in awhile won't hurt but just a little bit of sugar flips the damn switch in me and I go ravenous for sugar!Thank goodness it knocked my butt out last night!So Keep calm and Keto on! Time to go kick some butt somehow :)
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Day 16

Carbs >:)
    Cals o:)
    Water o:)
    Exercise >:)
    Logging o:)

went slightly over carbs today but not by much - still meat orientated so not worrying too much, just fancied something slightly different for dinner today
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My week was OK. Struggling a bit trying to stay within my target calories and meet my target macros. I might up my calories from 1200 to 1400 and see what happens.

HW: 339 (July 2015)
    MFP Keto SW: 310 (7-2-20160)
    CW: 295.4
    GW: 180
    H2O: yes
    Supplements: yes
    Sleep: no

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 days to keto reboot. Going for a month of my initial program. I'm struggling so hard with this right now, but I keep getting a few inspiring tidbits thrown my way from the universe and they keep me limping along.
    I want this plan to be successful right now. In a big way. I think I've actually made peace with some numbers for my weight/looks/health , which are very different than what I was initially shooting for. Now having swung a little too far on the upside - I need to swing back. There was a weight that I seemed to feel okay about as i creeped up 20 pounds in my maintenance phase, and I'm headed back there. Then, I'm just accepting that is the right weight for me. The number that I'd hoped to reach is just not realistic or sustainable.
    Can't wait to reach a resolution of this journey. Truth is, I'm tired of the time all these food and body issues take from living my life. I just want to get on with life after weight loss.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm doing another experiment with not logging, but this time in keto rather than while also experimenting with increasing carbs and calories for maintenance. ;) I'm curious to see how that goes. So I have no idea how my cals were today but I know carbs were pretty low, mostly veggies.
    Didn't have time to weigh in this morning.
    Exercise: Lots of steps/running around to kids' team pics, baseball game, birthday party, etc.
    Sleep: Stayed up way too late last night; only got 5 hrs of sleep.
    Hydration: Decent. Not as good as usual.
  • jlm021
    jlm021 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    SW: 190
    CW: 176

Logged every day: :smile:
    Daily Water >80 ounces: :smile: Easy peasy!
    Calorie Goal: :/ on and off I struggled abut here
    Carb Goal: :/ had a couple of nights out that were a struggle
    Exercise: :/ Could have done better but have made improvements nonetheless!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yay, my no-logging experiment is working (so far ;))! I was down another 1.6 lbs after 2 days of following keto guidelines w/o logging, and it was so easy. It's so nice to take even a short break from weighing and logging everything and not see the scale bounce up. I know 2 days is nothing but it's encouraging to me, since previously not logging worked really well for me (on Dukan) and I totally bombed at it in April. Also cool since I was eating to satiety. It's awesome to eat to satiety and still lose weight. I love LCHF.

Also, I've lost 3.8 lbs since re-starting keto on July 8! (And I was "low carb" before that, just not in keto ranges.)
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    07/15, joined LCF, started Ketogenic on 07/11

07/15: SW 206
    07/16: CW: 206

Water: :smiley:
    Calorie Goal <1400: 1404 :|
    Net Carb Goal <20g: 23g :|
    Fat Goal <109g: 98g :)
    Protein Goal <70g: 58g :)
    Ketones: 15-Small :)
    Exercise: :/
    No booze!: >:)
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm back from vacation. We had a great time. Kiddo's B-day today. Celebrated over the weekend. No cake for me! Just strawberries and cream.
    I gained 4 pounds when I weighed in when I got back,
    CW 152.2
    GW: 148.2 by August 1st. 4 pounds may seem ambitious for 2 weeks, but it is mostly water weight and I'm just getting back to where I was in June. Just vacation weight and without drinks it should come back off. Looking forward to a great week!

Water: :+1:
    Calorie Goal : :+1:
    Macros: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1:
    No alcohol: :+1:
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Back in India. 1 cosmopolitan a day but otherwise on track and eating less. Poor stomach is telling me to f off and not eat. Hard to argue with it really. Love the colour, passion and energy.