What's your favorite cauliflower recipe?

Options
MyriiStorm
MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
Trader Joe's had lovely, huge heads of cauliflower today, so I had to buy one. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with it.

What is your favorite way to have cauliflower?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    These Jalapeno Cheddar Cauliflower Muffins from I Breathe, I'm Hungry are amazing
  • Leslie58AtTheRock
    Leslie58AtTheRock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so in love with potatoes, but with diabetes need to cut back :(

I use 1/2 potatoes and add twice as much cauliflower florets to the potatoes while simmering - cook til tender and proceed as if you are making mashed potatoes .... I like to add snipped fresh chives, a tad of butter & almond milk.

Truly tastes like 100% potatoes !!!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    These things are legitimately amazing. Even my girlfriend's nine-year old now prefers them to real mashed potatoes.
    http://www.ruled.me/easy-creamy-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I make a faux mac and cheese casserole that I love...No real recipe; just make mac and cheese with bacon, some onion, garlic, etc. and sub mac for cauli. It's never the same twice.
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is a really good faux potato salad recipe made with cauliflower. I make it at the beginning of the week and it is a great side for several days. Also good for potlucks:
    [url="http://www.holdthetoast.com/content/brooklyn-deli-unpotato-salad[/url]
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Wow! All these sound so yummy, I'm going to have to buy more cauliflower! :)
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Plus the cauliflower pizza crust... 2 cups grated cauliflower, 2 cups shredded mozzarella, 2 eggs. Bake at 450 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until browned. Add toppings and eat! :smile:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple with cauli-mash and cauli-couscous, they're awesome substitutes.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    These things are legitimately amazing. Even my girlfriend's nine-year old now prefers them to real mashed potatoes.
    http://www.ruled.me/easy-creamy-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/

Agree with this one, I made them and even my husband, a cauliflower purist (boiled, served with butter and salt. period.) liked them! His actual words were "If THIS is what Gordon Ramsay serves when he uses 'cauliflower mash' on Hell's Kitchen then I can see why people like it!"
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've experimented with cauliflower rice a bit. The two variations I loved best were Mexican-style , with a little tomato sauce and Mexican spices (then add to taco salads or whatever), and with some cheese and spicy shrimp in a shrimp-and-grits-style dish.

And of course, the casseroles with cream cheese and bacon. Yum!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy, I threw this together last night.
    Melt Kerrygold butter to the bottom of large skillet, add florets of one cauliflower to pan, add 1 large chopped onion, chopped habanero peppers (2), jalapeno peppers (2), chopped tomato (2 small), cook until florets almost tender, then add 3 tablespoons salsa, 3-4 tablespoons sour cream, salt, pepper to taste, add Cajun or your favorite lo-carb seasoning, top with mozzarella just before serving.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://stephaniesain.com/spicy-crockpot-cauliflower-mac-cheese/

I do not actually make this in the crockpot because it takes no time at all on the stove! It's my husband's favorite low carb side! :)
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take very steamed (i.e. easily mashed) cauli and mix in cream cheese, cream, butter, and grated cheddar and Parmesan - moosh all together and put in a casserole dish. Top with more cheddar and Parmesan - bake at 350 until hot and bubbly. Devour.