A little bit about you

Options
2»

Replies

• angelhinson69
    angelhinson69 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also late to this party but know I can still do 30lbs.. or as close to.. I'm 39 mother of 6.. married since I was 20!! Gained weight with each child but lost it before getting pregnant until late baby no 5 &6 I've just managed to lose 40lb since January.. and aim to become healthy for my family fed up of hiding in photos.. ive given up sugar and starch as my pee was smelling like sugarpuffs and thankfully I'm not scared I'm pretty diabetic.. waiting for doctors to do tests. Feel free to add me

Welcome aboard!!!!
  • lezlees337
    lezlees337 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lezlee. I'm in my 50's and the only babies around me are Grandbabies or fur-babies. I work from home 4 days a week, have a 2 hour commute to the office on the 5th day then work retail on the weekends. I used to think the 20 hours of on my feet with movement would keep me in shape but the weight snuck on. 5 years ago I hit 200 lbs, got down to 124 & back up to 150. My ultimate goal is around 120.
  • cssherry
    cssherry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am needing accountability for staying on tract. I just found this group last week. I am 63, happily married to my best friend for 44 years. I have gradually gained weight about 30 pounds the last 24 years.
    I lost 24 pounds about 4 years ago, but this last year it has come back. I believe I am an emotional eater.

I have discovered an exercise program that I feel I can stick to doing. Classical Stretch is on PBS, and I have some DVDs of the program.

I walk 6 days a week for 30 minutes with my mother-in-law.

I have a machine quilting business in my home, so my work is up and down.

I love My Fitness Pal app. It makes tracking your calories and exercise so easy.

I know this is not Friday, but since I am starting today I will post my weight and goal.

CW 160.6
    GW 130-133

Thank you all for being there, and keep going one day at a time!
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey there my name is Julie and I would love to join in! I just turned 40 and have struggled with my weight and body perception most my life. I want to be happy and healthy no matter my weight, but know 30 pounds less would help me feel so much better. I also want to set healthy examples to those around me. Being more consistent and active are the things I need to work on. I could use all the support I can get.
  • Valpinglow
    Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just joined this challenge.

My name is Valerie. I am a 42-year old RN but not in a hospital so my job isn't overly active. I did get an activity tracker in December and have increased my steps to about 10,000/day. I enjoy activities like rockclimbing, hiking, and cycling but my enjoyment of these activities has been lessened because of my weight. I am currently in grad school which is my biggest obstacle to being as active as I would like. I did start heavy lifting about a year ago which I am enjoying.

Thanks for getting this started.
  • ckwilson254
    ckwilson254 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, I just joined too. This sounds like a doable goal.

My name is Kenny. I am 41 and disabled so I don't have the desk job holding me back. I have battled my weight most all the time I have been disabled. My meds cause weight gain. Some worse than others. Lately I have been 220-230 but have been as high as 270. Yesterday I got on the scale I had gained 10 pounds to 230. So here I am looking for anything and everything to get me going and keep me going. 200 here I come!
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a SAHM to a 13 and 10 year old. The last few years I have let my fitness go and have gained weight. I finally decided enough is enough two weeks ago and started back on MFP. So excited to be here!
  • cruisinforward
    cruisinforward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am a little late to the party. It looks like this is a pretty diverse group with the same goal in mind. A little about me: I am a 58 year old grandma. I work 5 days a week on my feet but have a tendency to set on my keester in front of the computer after work and snack on all the wrong things. I've lost about 10 pounds over the last year thanks to the new diabetic med my doctor put me on. I've actually felt good enough to float the river with the grands a couple of times this Summer. It was such an eye opener to hear the oohhh and ahhhhh because they couldn't remember me EVER going. How sad is that. I want to make memories with them. I don't want all their memories to center around me sitting in a chair in front of the computer. I want to make memories with and for them. 30 pounds would put me at a good weight.......lets do this.
  • FunNurse
    FunNurse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started with this this group but went awol! I'm back on track doing low carb while focusing on eating vegetables and am down 10lbs! 1st goal is to get below 200, currently 227.8, ultimately want to get to 165-170.
  • darkdante80
    darkdante80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey yall. New member here so joining pretty late. I'm a single dad to two cool kiddos. Had a desk job until January when health issues basically rendered me useless. After spending most of my time stuck in bed for months and months I decided I wasn't going to go down without a fight. Looks like I'll be the biggest in the challenge lol. Started at 480 even about 10 days ago and am now at 444. Hopefully the water weight loss is over and the rest will be mostly losses. So happy to be here with everyone. Hoping to be 414 at the end of the challenge (or less lol)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cherie, I am 28 years old with 5 kids. A year ago I had a pulmonary embolism and two strokes due to blood mutations that causes my blood to clot and 11 days ago I went through a hysterectomy my starting weight was 213 lbs and am now at 142lbs my goal weight is 120lbs even though I have been going through all of this I have still managed to push myself through to try and make myself as healthy as possible its definitely been a tough road for me but I keep going and push myself through. So lets do this!!!!!!!! :-)

Do you have antiphospholipid syndrome?
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Laurie. I am 43 years old and have 5 kids ages 21,17,15, 12, and 8. I started MFP at 257.8 pounds in April 2016 and I am currently 218 pounds. My final goal is 140 pounds. I am excited about the healthy lifestyle changes I have made so far and want to continue in the direction that I am headed. Good luck everyone!