Just the Basics: July: Week 3 (7/15-7/21)

Options

Replies

• whitneyr137
    whitneyr137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just got back from somewhat of a mini vacay that started last Thursday. We started off in Asheville and went to the Biltmore. From there we continued up to the middle of nowhere NC for 2 days of hiking. I didn't log anything past Friday's breakfast thanks to no cell phone service, and I know I ate way more carbs than I normally do and I'm certainly feeling the bloat today. However, we did do about 5 miles of hiking Friday and 8 miles of hiking Saturday, so I for sure met my exercise goals.
    Back to the grind today!

SW: 260 on 3/24/16
    CW: 224.8 on 7/18/16 (-1.2 pounds this month, up one pound from last week--suspecting a drop after said bloat resolves)
    GW: 180ish

Goals for the month
    -Nutrition: Carbs <75g total daily, Fat >80g
    -Exercise: 5 days of 30-45 minutes cardio plus 2 days of strength training
    -Weight: goal for the month=get out of the 220's!!!
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    New here but not new to low carb. I'll jump in.
    SW: 240

7/18
    Logging
    Carbs
    Exercise.

I'll just edit this post as I go :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I just got back from somewhat of a mini vacay that started last Thursday. We started off in Asheville and went to the Biltmore. From there we continued up to the middle of nowhere NC for 2 days of hiking. I didn't log anything past Friday's breakfast thanks to no cell phone service, and I know I ate way more carbs than I normally do and I'm certainly feeling the bloat today. However, we did do about 5 miles of hiking Friday and 8 miles of hiking Saturday, so I for sure met my exercise goals.
    Back to the grind today!

SW: 260 on 3/24/16
    CW: 224.8 on 7/18/16 (-1.2 pounds this month, up one pound from last week--suspecting a drop after said bloat resolves)
    GW: 180ish

Goals for the month
    -Nutrition: Carbs <75g total daily, Fat >80g
    -Exercise: 5 days of 30-45 minutes cardio plus 2 days of strength training
    -Weight: goal for the month=get out of the 220's!!!

Ha! Asheville is about an hour drive from me. I haven't been to Biltmore though since I was in 1st grade. How is it now?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to go to the Biltmore! We're about 3 hrs away. I've heard it's super expensive though.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    7/18
    SW: 153.4
    CW: 134.6
    GW: 129-133
    Cals: Not logging right now.
    Carbs: Roughly 40
    Exercise: 15,000 steps!! (Included a 3.77-mile walk with a friend.)
    Sleep: Just under 8 hrs.
    Hydration: Good
    Electrolytes: Didn't do extra but surprisingly I haven't had the "keto flu" since re-starting keto just over a week ago.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Since I seem to be able to manage my keto goals during the week, for the next few Fridays my goal will be to manage the feelings that my Friday nights out bring up instead of binging.
    If I can deal with those feelings I might actually be able to make some progress again on this journey.
    Getting this under my belt will be a big achievement. It really has had me stumped in a big way for quite awhile now. I have tried a lot if different strategies which have not worked at all.
    Really looking forward to moving past this barrier. It's feeling like a thorn under the skin at this point.
  • whitneyr137
    Options
    @baconslave Small world! I actually grew up about 2 hours East of Asheville, but I had never been to Biltmore until just this weekend!! It was very touristy but also very interesting. We did the audio tour which was off course about $10 more but worth it. It was nice because it told us more info about each room in the house and the construction, etc. They also have a pretty awesome winery that's included with your ticket, and if you get the right person serving you, they'll let you try all 22 of their wines ;)
  • whitneyr137
    Options
    @macchiatto Yes it is kind of pricey. The tickets are around $50-60 per person depending on how far in advance you purchase and anything extra comes with a price tag. The food there is also pricey so make sure you eat a good breakfast before you go! I think it is cheaper to go in the "off peak" season, but of course the gardens and mountain scenery wouldn't be as pretty then.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    07/15, joined LCF, started Ketogenic on 07/11

07/15: SW 206
    07/17: CW: 206

Logged: :+1:
    Water: :smiley:
    Calorie Goal <1400: 1390 :smile:
    Net Carb Goal <20g: 57g :|
    Fat Goal <109g: 105g :)
    Protein Goal <70g: 51g :)
    Ketones: 15-Small :)
    Exercise: :/
    No booze!: >:)
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    oh well had a couple of bad days with food again - its really annoying as love this WOE but find my head doing stupid things to me occasionally and I end up eating total crap and having to start again - I know how much it makes me feel like crap but I still do it - have decided to do a 2 day water fast to stop my focus on food completely and when I get back on track going to stop focusing on food completely and just eat to satisfaction without logging - with ZC I know what to eat and what not to eat and just want to stick with it and enjoy the experience - going to still be on the forum but my food diary will not be used anymore
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For 7/15-7/18
    Vitamins -yes everyday!!
    Increased water - no, I was not even getting my regular water in
    Carbs<80 - 2 out of 4 days. I was lazy Sat& Sun, had pizza and carbonara.
    Cal<1500 - yes
    Activity - Fri 20 min treadmill then weights, Sat 30 min bike ride, Sun 90 min bike ride, Mon rest day.

Scale is showing up 2 lbs today but not sweating it, will work itself out.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Had a good first day back at it again. Got my lunch and dinner all planned out for today.
    Going for a walk soon. Feeling good!

Water: :+1:
    Calorie Goal : :+1:
    Macros: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1:
    No alcohol: :+1:
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Rough week. Poor weather kept me inside doing paperwork too much of the time. Did not get enough exercise, despite my goal to walk to the mailbox and back at least five times per week (2 miles each trip). In previous weeks, I've been doing a lot heavy yard work, but this week was pretty light except for yesterday and today.

SW: 170
    CW: 166
    GW: 135

Doing reasonably well on eating gluten free. LCHF is usually a no-brainer for me as long as I stay away from bakeries. :) I live 25 miles from town, so that's not really an issue right now.

I've increased my magnesium a bit to cool down leg cramps & noticed benefits all over. I'll spare you the details.
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    07/18, I had cataract surgery on left eye, they did the right eye last month. :D Now 20/20 for the first time, of course I need glasses to read small writing.

07/15, joined LCF, started Ketogenic on 07/11

07/15: SW 206
    07/18: CW: 206

Water: :smiley:
    Calorie Goal <1400: 1592 :/
    Net Carb Goal <20g: 32g :|
    Fat Goal <109g: 128g :(
    Protein Goal <70g: 105g :(
    Ketones: 15-Small :)
    Exercise: :/
    No booze!: :smile:
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Looks like I can't edit my post. So here's yesterday.
    SW: 240

7/18
    Logging :)
    Carbs :)
    Exercise :)
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Logged: yes
    Carbs: yes
    Water: yes
    Alcohol: yes
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HW: 339 (July 2015)
    Keto SW: 310 (7-2-2016)
    CW: 295.6
    Next GW: 280
    Final GW: 180

Hitting my daily goals?
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Macros: Yes - still looking for my percentages sweet-spot
    Water: Yes
    Exercise: No, not there yet

Keto Day 17
    My weight has stalled this week, but I am ok with that cause I am feeling good. Not going to sweat it right now. Tasty high fat meals are leaving me really full and satisfied, which is a BIG plus for me.

Diggin' the Keto WOE