Five Guys Hack-free bacon and cheese!

Options
Kirstie155
Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
So this may be old news to some of you, but I was floored when this worked yesterday.

I used to go to five guys and hubby would get a bacon cheeseburger ($8.69 ) and I get a little bacon cheeseburger ($6.69) so $15.38. And that was before we added drinks and fries. The only difference between a regular and a little is that the regular has 2 meat patties and the little only has one.

Now that we are LCHF, I didnt want to pay $18 (tax) for 3 meat patties with bacon and cheese. I read online somewhere (if it was here, thanks, you ROCK whoever you are!) that if you order a burger with bacon and cheese, you can order extra bacon and cheese at no extra cost. You can also order an extra patty for $1.90. See where I am going with this.... :p

So I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with extra cheese, bacon, and an extra patty in a bowl. Dinner for both of us, hold the carbs for $10.59 :D They can also wrap it in lettuce for you.

Not to mention that we saved a ton on not buying the fries and huge sweetened ice tea!

Omnomnommmmm

Disclosure: not my picture...I ate it before I took one! I would only go to five guys with laser vision on those meaty, fatty patties. Dont even look at the fries or milkshakes. Be strong and keto on!
sw62d0nvs7t2.jpg

Replies

• missholls910
    missholls910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome tip! I love five guys patties!

If you haven't done so already, check out the five guys review on youtube. Any five guys lover will appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHRa64sDY
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Not 5 guys, but Wendy's sells their 1/4 lb patties for 1.19 each if you order them as patties instead of burger with no bun. Today for lunch I got 1/2 lb of hamburger and a 0.99$ drink for 3.67$ including tax

So at wendys you get a price break for ordering as patties? Awesome....must try this!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    Not 5 guys, but Wendy's sells their 1/4 lb patties for 1.19 each if you order them as patties instead of burger with no bun. Today for lunch I got 1/2 lb of hamburger and a 0.99$ drink for 3.67$ including tax

So at wendys you get a price break for ordering as patties? Awesome....must try this!

Totally do. And to be honest, 2.38$ for a half pound of ground beef is a good deal for raw from the grocery store let alone cooked for me.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome tip! I love five guys patties!

If you haven't done so already, check out the five guys review on youtube. Any five guys lover will appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGkHRa64sDY

Random awesome fact- this video happened 5 minutes from my house at my local Five Guys! Their burgers are so yummy and I love getting them lettuce wrapped. I didn't know about this, though! Will be getting it soon. :-D

• Kirstie155
    Options
    I haven't tried the lettuce wrapped, I feel like I'd make a mess and end up eating it with a fork anyway. Next time definitely getting all of my favorite toppings on the side tthough-went naked for the first run. I was able to resist the fries (so hard) and just had a few peanuts while waiting- then had some pork rinds at home!