Just the Basics: July: Week 3 (7/15-7/21)

Options

Replies

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Day 3 - Hump day! Got my lunch and dinner all planned out again for today.
    Got my walk planned. I did deviate and have just one glass of wine last night, but didn't enjoy it, if that counts. I did forgo the mai tai at dinner. Working on a good weigh in on Friday morning.

Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Calorie Goal : :+1:
    Macros: :+1:
    Exercise: :+1:
    No alcohol: -1:
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    07/19, doing pretty good so far with Keto. :)

07/15, joined LCF, started Ketogenic on 07/11

07/15: SW 206
    07/19: CW: 206

Water: :smiley:
    Calorie Goal <1400: 1343 :)
    Net Carb Goal <20g: 23g :neutral:
    Fat Goal <109g: 121g :neutral:
    Protein Goal <70g: 49 :)
    Ketones: 15-Small :)
    Exercise: :/
    No booze!: :+1:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of 31 was on target, ketowise. Had about 2 extra Tbsp of butter that may affect loss, but still totally keto.
    Today I forgot my weigh in until after breakfast, so I'm waiting til tomorrow. Really need to get my habits front and center in my mind. Slacking off did nothing good for me.
    Got a chunk of closet sorting done, more tonight.
    A quiet, but solid day on the journey...
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CW: 134.6
    Food was great today other than the Reese's PB cup ... after watching 6 little boys all afternoon (mine + 4 others). :p Back on track now though, snacking on raw veggies and ranch. I love that ranch is OK on keto; I rarely let myself eat it before.
    Exercise: My Fitbit says 15k steps but I think it's drunk.
    Sleep: Right around 8 hrs.
    Hydration: Good.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    haven't done so well this week at all, but back on track today - getting back to ZC but I have decided to stop logging my foods and just go with the flow - eating when hungry and only eating until I am satisfied - going to be a bit weird for me but I have been dieting for so many years I think I need to get this out of my head first and just let myself get into the swing of things properly
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Logged: yes
    Carbs: yes
    Water: yes
    Alcohol: yes
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    For some reason I'm having trouble getting in my water this week. I may also not be getting in enough calories. Going camping, hiking and biking this weekend so I need to stay hydrated. I'm thinking I want to buy a couple extra durable water bottles.

7/19-7/20
    Vitamins - yes
    Water - not enough
    Carbs<80 yes
    Cal<1500 yes
    Activity - no, tweaked my hip and letting it heal. Feels pretty good today!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    No more than 30-50 total carbs daily--- Check
    Exercise 4x a week at least---Check
    Try a couple new recipes---Check
    Make an effort to get up a little earlier---FAIL
    Organize my house better---Nope

This week was a little crazy as my mom was in the hospital a couple of days for a potential stroke. Turns out tests show no stroke but there is still no idea what caused her stroke like symptoms so that is worrisome. I got my workouts in but they weren't very intense. I didn't even weigh this week because TOM started early and I'm just not in the mood for the scale. lol. My house is not so great because I've been crazy tired. I have overslept most days. So fail, fail on those last two. I got an Instant Pot on Prime Day so I rocked the new recipes this week. :)

• LCChris2016
    LCChris2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Staying on track for the most part. Did slip and have ice cream the other day. Damn stress! Feeling good about this week. Started walking again.5 days in a row this week. Comic Con starts today so I will be a walking machine the next few days :) Keep calm and Keto on!
  • bjoates52
    bjoates52 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    07/20, Ate a slice of cake "Bad BJ"

07/15, joined LCF, started Ketogenic on 07/11

07/15: SW 206
    07/20: CW: 206

Water: :smiley:
    Calorie Goal <1400: 1460 :neutral:
    Net Carb Goal <20g: 77g >:)
    Fat Goal <109g: 86g :smile:
    Protein Goal <70g: 72 :neutral:
    Ketones: 15-Small :)
    Exercise: :/
    No booze!: :neutral:
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yay I have finally got back on track - had a full ZC day today - still have a little pain in my stomach from all the crap I have eaten over the last few days but it is definitely better and not as strong, I have given up logging as I am fully immersing myself into ZC and going to really start to listen to my body and eat when hungry.

Still not managing to kick in the exercise, but decided need to concentrate on food at the minute and get that working well before I try to add in anything else
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    7/1 weight: 177.2
    7/7 weight: 176.8 (-0.4 lb)
    7/14 weight: 177.6 (+0.8 since last week, +0.4 since the 1st)
    7/21 weight: 175.4 (-2.2 since last week, -1.8 since the 1st)

Carbs under 40g:
    - 7/14: 49g carbs (I was hungry and ate my kids' chicken nuggets), I did not log my water
    - 7/15: 34g carbs, I only logged 4 glasses of water, but I'm not sure if that was a failure to drink or a failure to log
    - 7/16: 28g carbs, only 6 glasses of water
    - 7/17: 17g carbs, only 7 glasses of water
    - 7/18: 30g carbs, 10 glasses of water
    - 7/19: 34 g carbs, 14 glasses of water (I guess I was thirsty!!!)
    - 7/20: 36g carbs, 8 glasses of water
    - 7/21: So far I have had 21g carbs. I'm guessing I'll have an avocado for dinner, topped with melted cheese, a little salsa, and sour cream. That's what I had last night, and it was divine. I've only had 1 glass of water so far--been drinking black coffee like there's no tomorrow, though!

I did well on 6 out of 7 days, and the scale responded! :)
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    No more than 30-50 total carbs daily--- Check
    Exercise 4x a week at least---Check
    Try a couple new recipes---Check
    Make an effort to get up a little earlier---FAIL
    Organize my house better---Nope

This week was a little crazy as my mom was in the hospital a couple of days for a potential stroke. Turns out tests show no stroke but there is still no idea what caused her stroke like symptoms so that is worrisome. I got my workouts in but they weren't very intense. I didn't even weigh this week because TOM started early and I'm just not in the mood for the scale. lol. My house is not so great because I've been crazy tired. I have overslept most days. So fail, fail on those last two. I got an Instant Pot on Prime Day so I rocked the new recipes this week. :)

So sorry to hear your mom is not doing well. Hope the docs can figure it out.
    In the mean time, don't be so hard on yourself, kiddo. You have been doing great and Rockin' it!
  • HoopingFanatic
    HoopingFanatic Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay, joining in in the middle here. Today was day 3 of keto for the first time since 2015.

SW: 230 (3 days ago)
    CW:227

<20 carbs: :smile:
    >120 oz water: :smile:
    Exercise: Ish. I played Pokemon Go for a couple of hours... lol
    Ketones: small-moderate
    BG below 110: :neutral: Not yet. However, for the last few months, it's been out of control even with long acting insulin. I'm no longer taking the insulin, and this evening my BG was 159. I'll take that as a victory for now. It's nice to not see a 4 in front of it. :smiley:
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of 31. On target ketowise. Had a few extra calories, but all keto. No weight loss for today, but I had a small whoosh recently so..not worried.
    Still feeling some keto flu symptoms but nothing too bad.
    Tonight is dance night, and so I'll get some good exercise.
    Working on homebody projects. Making progress and feeling alright.
    It's the weekend, pals!
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Did pretty well this week.
    Logged every day-yes
    Water-yes at least 8 glasses a day
    Carbs >20-yes
    Calories-I had a little trouble here.....for some reason I was hungry a lot this week. Hubby and I have been working really hard on renovating our home, so that could be it
    No cheats at all....but still no weight loss and only minimal change in measurements.