Eggs for lchf

Options
124»

Replies

• priyankarai2005
    priyankarai2005 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @priyankarai2005 - you've gotten a lot of great advice here and I wish you lots of luck. It takes time to tweak any diet to your unique body, circumstances and needs but I think if you stick with it you'll succeed!

@midwesterner85 - my favourite way to prep scrambled eggs is to dice in some cream cheese (about an ounce for every 2 eggs) and add Parmesan cheese (about a tbsp) - ups the fats, makes the eggs AMAZING and super filling. I sometimes fry up sliced bacon and baby spinach and add the eggs when those are cooked and give it a quick scramble.

Thanks a ton
  • priyankarai2005
    Options
    The more eggs I'm eating and the less carbs I'm eating, the lower my cholesterol. Funny how that's always worked for me. It went up during a time period I was eating more carbs! Now as for the vegetables, stay away from starchy ones, legumes, corn, even carrots to a certain degree. Stick to green veggies, especially leafy ones. Spinach, broccoli, zucchini. There is a lot of fiber in those and aren't as affected by your carb intake. So long as the carbs I have mainly come from those, I don't worry. I keep my whole carn level under 30 and my net carbs under 20. Usually, even if eating veggies with my breakfast and with dinner I still don't even hit 20.

What I usually tell people is that I eat mostly "above ground" vegetables. Root vegetables are the carby ones & easy to limit or avoid altogether.

As for eggs - there is no maximum, just - like another poster mentioned - boredom if you eat them too often. Remember to count the 1 gram of carb per egg, though, especially if you're at Atkins induction level or on a keto WOE. Your body needs cholesterol, and will create it if need be. Dietary cholesterol is not an issue and does not contribute to heart disease for most people. (There is a genetic cholesterol issue where one must avoid ingesting cholesterol, but it is pretty rare.)

Good luck & enjoy your eggs!

Thanks
  • priyankarai2005
    Options
    The more eggs I'm eating and the less carbs I'm eating, the lower my cholesterol. Funny how that's always worked for me. It went up during a time periodvegetables, stay away from starchy ones, legumes, corn, even carrots to a certain degree. Stick to green veggies, especially leafy ones. Spinach, broccoli, zucchini. There is a lot of fiber in those and aren't as affected by your carb intake. So long as the carbs I have mainly come from those, I don't worry. I keep my whole carn level under 30 and my net carbs under 20. Usually, even if eating veggies with my breakfast and with dinner I still don't even hit 20.

I am also trying to keep my carb below 50 but fail miserably everyday. We Indians can't live without rice and chapati. Even if I eat 2 chapati a day and half cup rice, I end up having at least 100 carb. I am struggling to be in limit.

I love Indian food. Just last night I made butter chicken and served it over cauliflower couscous instead of rice, sometimes I'll make cauliflower mash instead as a bed for my curry to absorb the yummy flavours.

Re the eggs, I eat 2-3 every day and my cholesterol is lower than its ever been, but everyone's body is different.

Thanks. I am also learning to make cauliflower rice.
  • priyankarai2005
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    coz it's not possible to completely eliminate rice and chapatti from typical Indian diet. Lolz

Can't just eat from a bowl with a spoon? Or will you offend people greatly if you don't take rice or bread?

No, it's not like that but I feel something missing if I don't eat a single bite of rice or chapati. But yes I have to learn.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but was curious how people dressed up scrambled eggs to make them less boring (per say).

I'm thinking about cutting up some pepper jack cheese (I don't have a cheese grater, maybe should get one), adding HWC (I used to add milk, but maybe I should be watering this down a bit?), and possibly some salsa and/or jalapenos. I've also considered cooking sausage or bacon separately and adding to the egg mixture perhaps after cooking or half-way through if I want it to set into a solid piece of scrambled eggs as I cook them.

Thoughts? How do you make eggs?

I add 1 tbs of HWC or half n half per egg. I use a stick blender on eggs. Then while cooking, I add 1/2 tbs per egg of cream cheese. (I cook eggs in butter or rendered fat). Makes the most creamiest, moist delicious scrambled eggs. Add bacon, ham or other meats ~ optional.

Dan
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    qb3q4wr2gvzx.jpeg
    My new favorite eggs. 6 eggs, 4 ounces of chorizo, and 2 oz. of sharp cheddar. God this is fantastic, even if it looks like hell.