Oopsie bread!

Options
starbean
starbean Posts: 30 Member
I just tried it, and my little rolls came out great! And so filling. Is this a LCHF standard? I didnt eat anything bread- like the first 3 weeks.

In case you are.curious:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/oopsie

Replies

• kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am not talented at whipping egg whites, so I only tried to make them once. lol But i love the fathead pizza crust!
  • tribal351
    tribal351 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I tried them, and liked them a bit, but not enough to make them worth the effort. Making egg/cream cheese pancakes worked out well though. Much simpler.

Glad you liked it though. Anything that helps keep you going is a good thing, right?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for them either however I think I may have done it wrong because they were awfully soupy toward the end of spooning the batter onto the pan. I ended up with "oopsie Oopsie Flatbread" haha. I made them recently for my son but followed the recipe at Your Lighter Side (I made them in order to make him some low carb "popcorn") and they turned out much different than my first attempt! I'm probably going to try it as bread again when we're home from vacation.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like them! I use them for PB&J. I love the fathead pizza even more. I'm not crazy about the cream cheese pancakes.
  • starbean
    Options
    Mine came out perfectly fluffy. No crumbles or anything, which is a nice break from the glut3n free bread I've been eating for years. Slight egg white flavor is a bit off putting but no biggie. Going to try fathead pizza next!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Just made it - needed to whip the cream cheese into the yolk a bit more but otherwise? YUM! I don't think one serving is negligible carbs though. I'm sticking to the 1 carb per serving of 6 that MFP logs it as. And who needs to stuff it with anything?
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am making these now! Forgot all about them. Great alternative for bread! I made them years ago.
  • starbean
    Options
    I think the key is to really whip the whites until they are like a merengue. I used psyllium as noted, and I subbed baking soda and vinegar for the baking powder, which i did not have. Next time I will try softening the cream cheese more, because that is the one thing that went wrong with mine, yeah. And it was so good with eggplant and tomato sauce and cheese I had today! Good at sopping up juicy stuff.
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    They make great hamburger buns! We used to eat them a lot when we first started LCHF, but lately we don't eat much of them anymore.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My bread ran together into a huge sheet....I guess I'll have to keep trying....I don't have a hand mixer or an I immersion blender. I whisked and whisked....any tips?
  • dragonflylady94
    dragonflylady94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love them for a quick and easy roll! I do wish they would hold up a bit better, but still....not bad at all!

If you want something a little more sturdy, here is another great recipe with 4 net carbs/roll:
    http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2014/11/12/Ultimate-Keto-Buns
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    For baked goods like oopsie bread or the almond meal "sandwich thins" I frequently make you'll have much better luck using a muffin top pan, rather than spooning batter on a baking sheet. Here's the one I got from Target:

http://www.target.com/p/chicago-metallic-muffin-top-pan/-/A-11295775#sn-11295775
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I really liked oopsie rolls and will definitly be making them again. I've heard of people putting seeds on top to give them an everything bagel type of taste. Just look up everything bagel recipes and add the spices and seeds as needed.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I love them for a quick and easy roll! I do wish they would hold up a bit better, but still....not bad at all!

If you want something a little more sturdy, here is another great recipe with 4 net carbs/roll:

Holy moley these look AMAZING!! I need these in my life.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @Sarahb29 I've made the Ultimate Keto Buns several times - they ARE amazing!
  • 246Plum
    246Plum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the keto waffles. So easy and delicious with SF syrup. http://ketogenicwoman.com/best-low-carb-waffles-recipe/
  • esaucier17
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    @Sarahb29 I've made the Ultimate Keto Buns several times - they ARE amazing!

I HAVE to try these!

• esaucier17
    Options

I toast mine to make a sandwich and it's holds up much better!
  • dragonflylady94
    dragonflylady94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I love the Ultimate Keto roll, too, because you can shape the dough...I have done round for burgers and square for sandwiches.

The only suggestion I have, is to go with boiling water; you will get a much better rise from them :wink:

ji8lars2ymbe.jpg
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the Keto buns. They showed up on my fb newsfeed this morning and I didn't even click on page. They looked so heavy and dense. Glad to hear they are good. I close card on your link and they have rave review!!