Weekly Weigh-in: 7-25-2016

Variant3
Variant3 Posts: 44 Member
edited July 2016 in Social Groups
Greetings! Welcome to week 6

On last week's Team GFB Radio Dave claimed he was once again beginning the assault on his body. Time to see if that holds true.

B) Keep working hard and have a great week everyone! B)

Replies

• Paskill
    Paskill Posts: 19 Member
    If that's true, I wanna see where the king of Team Geriatric Fighting Bears is at.

Sitting at 285 (11lbs since I joined the group, 104lbs since I started down this path), down yet another pound from last week's weigh-in. Not as much progress as I had wanted considering I started Pokémon Go walks between my workout days last Tuesday, but I'd say I'll be 283/284 come next Monday!

I had two job interviews on Thursday and didn't have any shirts or ties to wear. So I went to a department store and for the first time in about five years could buy a shirt IN MY SIZE. Granted, it was a little snug when tucked in, but it fit. Felt pretty good about that.

Keep going strong lads.
  • ColtonrDaniels
    ColtonrDaniels Posts: 125 Member
    Gotta admit I ate like garbage Saturday, but looking to keep it simple for a few weeks now.

That's a great feeling being able to buy clothes in your size. Keep at it, and I hope those interviews went well for you.

I also wonder where Dave sits at. Guess the biggest thing is keeping your head leveled and just keep at trying to lose weight and eat better.
  • lightpohl
    lightpohl Posts: 13 Member
    Late weigh-in!

Start Weight: 191.4 lbs
    Last Weigh-In Weight: 183.8 lbs
    Current Weigh-In Weight: 182.2
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Trying to reduce the amount of salt that I still have in my diet. Those canned soups are no joke!

Let's keep the Team GFB weight loss train going! Good luck everyone!
  • Ecotope
    Ecotope Posts: 8 Member
    I woke up on Friday the 15th to find I had hurt my knees. I had started adding some short jogs with my walks and it proved to be too much too early on the joints. I've given myself 2 weeks off of exercise to rest with elevating them and ice and today I feel I'm almost completely back. I'll give myself the rest of the week to rest before I start again. That being said, I'm still eating better portions, and losses continued during the downtime

249, down from 255 last check
  • Variant3
    @Ecotope I ruptured the MCL on my Left Knee in January 2015 and let me say, I feel your pain. Jogging when your knees can't handle it is the worst. I went for a jog the other day myself and my knees ached for the next 3 days. I still haven't been back out because of it.

Here's to us getting back on that horse!
  • Variant3
    edited July 2016
    I keep telling myself I will use the web version of MFT to post my weigh-ins so i can format them properly. That is obviously not happening so I'll do my best to make this look nice for my own sanity

Current: 264.7
    Goal: 250
    Total lost: 15.3

Bad
    Still making a lot of bad choices and being more lax than I'd like. I'm still likely to have Screw-it days when I don't work and blow my calories out.

Also until now I've been focusing on calories alone. I'm going to try to learn more about the other parts of proper nutrition.

Good
    I didn't feel like the "very active" profile was appropriate so I knocked ot down to "active". My recommended calorie intake is lower now and I still feel ok so I'm going to stick with this for now.

As i mentioned above I also went for a run that went poorly. Still a long way to go to get to a good place when it comes to cardio.

Have a good week everyone!
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Ecotope wrote: »
    I woke up on Friday the 15th to find I had hurt my knees. I had started adding some short jogs with my walks and it proved to be too much too early on the joints. I've given myself 2 weeks off of exercise to rest with elevating them and ice and today I feel I'm almost completely back. I'll give myself the rest of the week to rest before I start again. That being said, I'm still eating better portions, and losses continued during the downtime

249, down from 255 last check

WHOA AWESOME!

Take exercising in moderation! When I first started the running and stuff and I can tell to for 3 days it was just walking and brisk walking. Then went to a jog run about 1 month later so take it easy and keep it slow and steady.
  • sixtycakes
    sixtycakes Posts: 15 Member
    Down to 203 lbs the last couple of days so that feels good. I haven't been below 200 in at least 8 years so that would definitely make me happy!

Trying to reduce the amount of salt that I still have in my diet. Those canned soups are no joke!
    Word
  • zachwestpfahl
    zachwestpfahl Posts: 1 Member
    Since my last weigh I'm down about 5 pounds from 338 to 333 at 6 foot 3. Let the assault continue.
  • Squirrelnaut
    Squirrelnaut Posts: 53 Member
    Over the last week I dropped 2.6 pounds, to make my total lost so far since January as 60.4 lbs. Woot!
  • ColtonrDaniels
    Even though we are going to have another weight in, you folks are knocking them down! Every little bit is progress no matter how small. Keep this up :)