Any low carbers not counting carbs or calories?

Options
Xo_healthylc
Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
Just wondering. I know it's a slim chance since it's my fitness pal and all but I stopped on Monday and was looking for friends.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I count carbs but I don't worry too much about calories. I would find it hard to do low carb without counting the carbs.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking everything in April.
  • Xo_healthylc
    Options
    I count carbs but I don't worry too much about calories. I would find it hard to do low carb without counting the carbs.

Do you track everything and not worry about calories or just mentally count carbs?
  • Xo_healthylc
    Options

Any advice? Do you worry about carb creep? How have your loses been compared to when you were counting?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

Do you track everything and not worry about calories or just mentally count carbs?

I try to track/log everything and I keep a sticky on my phone that I input my daily carb count.

As for calories, I am conscious of them as in 'Okay, this egg is 70 calories...' but if I decide to have something LCHF such as pork belly in which the calories are high, I won't be upset with myself if I go over my calories that day.
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I keep low carb as I don't eat most high carb foods. No grains in any form, no rice, no potatoes, no high glycemic fruit. Apart from avoiding the foods I know are high carb I do not track anything and I do not count calories.

This worked awesomely for a year but, to be honest I'm not sure it is working anymore because I've been on a plateau for 3 months. I'm trying to trust the process and give my body time to heal but right now it looks like not tracking keeps me at maintenance and I still need to lose at least 50lbs.

::flowerforyou::
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Any advice? Do you worry about carb creep? How have your loses been compared to when you were counting?

I haven't lost any scale weight, but I'm within 10 pounds of my lowest goal weight. And I had already stopped losing long before I stopped tracking. I haven't lost any scale weight in almost 8 months but I have gotten smaller. Yeah, figure that one out!
    I don't worry about carb creep because I gravitate toward a carnivore style naturally. Veggies seem to give me upset tummy and make me constipated.
    I never did make Keto versions of high carb foods really except for desserts for holidays. But I don't even care about those things anymore. I didn't even have anything sweet for my birthday. Totally didn't care enough about it to bother making anything. I was more interested in the steak I wanted.
    I've been Keto for about 15 months now and feel like it's a zero effort to eat practically no carbs at this point.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I track, but have been more lenient with myself on calories (not carbs) because of hunger. For example yesterday, I was 1,260 calories over... so way over, but still had 32g net carbs. As I allow myself to do this more and more often, my weight loss has stalled... which is understandable. So I'm going to have to reset and start back to low carb AND stay low enough on calories to lose.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've stopped tracking anything - it was making me think about food too much and I am trying to eat more intuitively - I found tracking to be counter productive for that. I'm still losing so seem to be doing ok. Feel free to add me
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    The only numbers I log are my diabetes #s
    I keep a record of what I eat but no #s
    If my endo would have a question about a bg# I could look up the record
    & see if we could figure it out.
    Weight??? My doc weighs me every 3 months,
    the least I lost so far was 8 lbs.

>:) or o:)
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can't be bothered. I monitored at first to get an idea of what I could consume a decent amount of, and what I should limit. Seems to be working so far.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I track carbs, don't care about the calories. But my plan is to track it for awhile to make sure I'm not eating more carbs than I think I'm eating, and once I'm secure in that I will stop bothering. I find tracking every single thing makes me feel a little obsessive about everything I eat, and I don't like that.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    You guys not counting stuff amaze me....I'm envious and certain I'll never be able to stop counting carbs or calories!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    You guys not counting stuff amaze me....I'm envious and certain I'll never be able to stop counting carbs or calories!

This.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I track everything but I only pay attention to protein and carbs. I haven't been eating anything but BPC in the morning 1-2 cups then meat/cheese for lunch and meat for dinner so carbs have stayed very low. My protein is my struggle. I get plenty of fats always. I think it's only mildly annoying to track but then I have only been fully keto for 3 months
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I get carb and calorie creep every time I stop weighing, measuring, and logging. I'll try again once I get to maintenance.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have stopped counting and just listen to hunger signals - I am doing ZC so I know what foods are allowed and as long as I stick to these I am fine - I found myself obsessing over food so am much happier this way
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    My boat floats in a different direction. I HAVE to log everything otherwise I stop eating and just chow at night. At first I was obsessing about getting all my numbers right, now I just make sure I'm over 1,000 calories every day my carbs are low and my protein goal is met. So far so good!
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I know where carbs come from in my diet. If I eat veggies and meats, no sausage type processed things, it is pretty hard to eat too much.

It does help me to hit a few low intake days per week. I will log a day or two per week.

It does help with focus.