Think I've found my carb "sweet spot"

Options
TishaGettinFit
TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
For a few days now I've been eating between 40-50g total carbs daily which I've just raised from 20-30g . I'm feeling good , a little less restricted but still in control of my cravings. It also seems to be the right balance to keep the plumbing working(definite added bonus). Now I just have to wait and see how it affects the fat loss end of things.

Replies

• Xo_healthylc
    Xo_healthylc Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That awesome. I am at about 50 total and it's great. Anything under I get weird about dressings and cheese and every little thing but above I have to much wiggle room. It's a great feeling.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's mine too. I was eating around 50 net grams of carbs for the first 5 weeks, then dropped to 30 net grams for the past month. I've been quite stopped up since dropping lower, but losing weight a tiny bit faster... Upped it to 40 net grams the last few days and things are "moving" a LOT better now, so hopefully the weight keeps coming off.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My weight loss stalled when I was at 20 and I moved it up to 50 and started losing again. I seem to retain water if I go much higher so I think between 40 - 50 is my sweet spot right now too. The next time weight loss stalls again I will move it back down; it might be a moving target.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 35-50 g club too. That's where I started, then I plunged down to 5-15 g for a few months, which really helped me get through the cravings and cope with the overall dietary changes, but I feel that my current levels are sustainable for life. I'm very happy with the variety of veg I can eat now. Though whenever the cravings creep back, I do go back to those very, very low levels for a few days.
  • sas1uk
    sas1uk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm happiest in the 30 to 50 range too but think I'm eating too little fat still. It's decades of " low fat" conditioning I guess ;)
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    sas1uk wrote: »
    I'm happiest in the 30 to 50 range too but think I'm eating too little fat still. It's decades of " low fat" conditioning I guess ;)

Me, too. I'm learning, though. I now put a pat of butter on just about everything.

• dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I stay under 20 and plan on trying ZC for 30 days. I have read many positive things about avoiding plant foods so I am giving it a go. 10 year veterans say there's a world of difference between low carb and zero carb. Most of them came from keto. Research!!! ;) I need to know.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's great you found yours! It has taken me a while. I think for fat loss mine is 30-40 and for maintenance maybe 40-60.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Glad you found your groove! It just goes to show that everyone is different because the lower I am, the better I am.

Kudos!