2 months in and doing great!

Options
Leanbean65
Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
I just have to say that after 2 months I'm feeling really good. No more carb cravings, no more blood sugar highs and lows, no more starving hungry 2 hrs after I last ate and no more nighttime foraging.

I haven't been completely ultra low carb but I've cut it down a lot. I am seeing positive changes in mt body and am fitting into some old clothes. I'm not stepping on the scale yet as I don't think that is necessarily a good thing for me to do.

However, the other changes I have seen are enough to keep me motivated. I'm not thinking of this as a diet, more of just the way I eat now. I know it doesn't work for everyone but it sure seems to be a very good thing for me :)

Replies

• aserrano79
    aserrano79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I love getting into my old clothes.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm about 2.5 weeks in full force. I'm already feeling positive changes! Love this WOE. Completely agree with the vanishing carb cravings. I honestly haven't had this much control in 2 years. So happy we found this WOE and group. :smiley:
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! The first time I attempted keto I didn't even own a scale. I just went by how I felt and I found it so easy to stick to because it took the focus away from scale weight and shifted it to the NSVs and how I felt. Three months in I went home (I was in college at the time) and I weighed myself to see that I had lost 25 lbs. :)
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CONGRATS, Leanbean65!

aserrano79 wrote: »

I love this, too. But even better, I love buying new clothes because I don't have any old clothes that are small enough for my shrinking body! :)

• Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    CONGRATS, Leanbean65!

aserrano79 wrote: »

I love this, too. But even better, I love buying new clothes because I don't have any old clothes that are small enough for my shrinking body! :)

This! My dad's wallet doesn't like that very much though. :lol:
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well done to you, I hope to be feeling like you in the next two months also..
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so wonderful to see this as a way of life instead of just another diet!!
  • scottaking
    scottaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly over a month in. Unlike you, I weighed myself constantly. The first week was unbelievable; I lost 15lbs. I'm sure a lot of that was water weight. The remainder of the month, I lost another 14.

While I initially started this woe to lose weight, it's not my primary motivator anymore. I'm happier with the way I feel (mental clarity, mood, lack of insatiable appetite).
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Love that 1st paragraph, Leanbean. No more. No more. No more!