Primal lc snack for the movies?

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
I'm going to the movies tomorrow and I <3 movie theater popcorn. I'm only day 3 today so don't feel comfortable with a cheat meal yet so I'm looking for low carb primal snacks I can smuggle into the theater. Thanks!

Replies

• redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Do you like macadamia nuts? They are easy to overdo for me, so I'd only bring a small portion. Or, if you have a higher carb allowance, a trail mix of macadamias, little bits of very dark chocolate, and unsweetened coconut flakes is very good. You could probably even just make your own nut mix of your favorite lc nuts - if nuts are part of your plan :smile:

Otherwise I can only think of things like beef jerky or pepperoni, but I'm not sure what the rules are for primal. (Unprocessed? No dairy?).

I love popcorn too! My boys and I just had a movie night because my husband is out of town. I allowed myself the 5 g carbs for 1 cup of popcorn :blush: Harder to control a 1 cup size in the movie theater!
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My carbs are set at 87 grams so I'm good for some snacks. I can't afford macadamia nuts though lol. Would need to sell a child. Ha! A trail mix sounds good. I have some squares of 85% chocolate and slivered almonds and apple juice sweetened dried cranberries would be amazing!
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My carbs are set at 87 grams so I'm good for some snacks. I can't afford macadamia nuts though lol. Would need to sell a child. Ha! A trail mix sounds good. I have some squares of 85% chocolate and slivered almonds and apple juice sweetened dried cranberries would be amazing!

Sounds yummy!
  • tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How about baked bacon crumbled up with some dark chocolate chips or cacao chips.

Maybe some kind of jerky?

Trader joes has great kale chips!

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I love coconut flakes!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    How about baked bacon crumbled up with some dark chocolate chips or cacao chips.

ok seriously? How have I not thought of bacon and chocolate? That sounds wonderful!
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

Love kale chips! I've always made my own to avoid the preservatives and other random ingredients when i lived in the US. But I've been so bummed, I've never seen whole kale in the grocery stores in Scotland. They only seem to sell in pre-chopped in tiny pieces with stems in tact, not really suitable for kale chips.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds, cheese sticks, sliced pepperoni or salami, jerky (just watch the sugar/carbs) or meat sticks, nut and/or seeds of any kind, dark chocolate...the higher the cacao % the better (I like 72% myself), baked cheese crisps, etc.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Moon Cheese. It is just cheese.