Cheese and potatoes....

Options
AngInCanada
AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
Curious who all here eats cheese and potatoes? I don't feel like either are detrimental to my health and they don't rigger cravings. So I'm just curious what everyones opinions are.

Replies

• tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do eat potatoes because my life would be a dark and meaningless void without them
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do eat both in moderation. I haven't experienced any side effects like I would if it was wheat. I am going to try using turnips as an alternative to potatoes and see if I can use that as a substitute. I alternate between regular cheese and nut cheeses. I just wish nut cheeses weren't so expensive because otherwise, I would go full cashew cheese.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I do eat both in moderation. I haven't experienced any side effects like I would if it was wheat. I am going to try using turnips as an alternative to potatoes and see if I can use that as a substitute. I alternate between regular cheese and nut cheeses. I just wish nut cheeses weren't so expensive because otherwise, I would go full cashew cheese.

Have you tried using radishes in place of potatoes? Super good! Roasted like a potato. Mm mm mm mmmm
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Have you tried using radishes in place of potatoes? Super good! Roasted like a potato. Mm mm mm mmmm

I have not but thank you for the suggestion. I would have never thought of that. I will definitely try it.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Regarding the radishes, I must say that they taste much better than potatoes. I eat them often with a dollop of sour cream, yum!!
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Potatoes are nutritious and delish. Why would you not eat a vegetable? Love all kinds. I dont eat anymore processed to death foods so no yellow cheese for me but I do make my own cream, cottage cheese on occasion from grass fed milk.
    Potatoes contribute to inflammation in some people. They belong to the nightshade family (along with tomatoes, eggplant, goji berries, peppers, and spices from peppers). Inflammation can affect different parts of the body: skin, brain, joints, gut.

In my case, eating potatoes can result in three days of stiff, painful joints.

So that's why some people don't eat potatoes.

They are also high in carbs. People who are watching carbs (keto, blood sugar issues, weight loss) like to substitute radishes because their cooked taste and texture is like potatoes without the carbs. I haven't roasted them yet, but I have put them in beef stew.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of taters for blood sugar reasons. My blood sugar raises too high, which can result into long-term damage.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do eat potatoes because my life would be a dark and meaningless void without them

Gotta love that reply! ^^^