MOAR CARNIVORE!

Options
sammyliftsandeats
sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
So I went on vacation to Ireland for two weeks and ate everything in sight. Went for a cheeky Nando's more than a few times and while I kept to some LC sensibilities such as having a bunless burger, I also drank a lot and ate a lot of sweets.

I did lift and walk a lot while I was there - but I still managed to gain 3 lbs.

Now, the past month have been crazy for me with work and then the holiday so I had really let myself go. I would do LC for a few days and then ruin it by having a package of Oreos. No, not just a few - A WHOLE PACKAGE.

I knew if I didn't get my act together quick, all my hard work would be undone. So I decided to give the carnivore eating style a try for a week.

I remember All-Animal April and thought it was going to be so tough so I didn't bother to join the challenge.

Okay, enough rambling...I am 6 days into my 7 days and I feel quite good! I have lost the vacation weight and I haven't had any cravings. My boyfriend was eating chips in front of me and I had no problem with it. Normally, I would be ready to kill him. I am drinking coffee and consuming dairy products such as cream and cheese, but my meals are really simple and easy. Today I had ground beef for lunch. It had 50g of fat and I feel totally satisfied. I'm not stuffed to the gills but I am totally content. It's a great feeling. It also makes meal prep a breeze.

Now once my 7 days are over - I think I'm going to stick to a primarily carnivore way of eating. The occasional veggie might slip in there but I am loving the simplicity of this lifestyle.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on!

PS. A shoutout to @kathrout1973 for her Zero Carb July that inspired me and Mr. Carnivore himself @FIT_Goat for telling me about ordering burger patties a la carte to save money!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It really is the simplest woe! I love being carnivore! Glad you're seeing good results!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Fantastic glad you have enjoyed your week - I have finished my months challenge but have also decided to stick with a mainly carnivore lifestyle the only slight change I am adding back in is my coffee with cream - have really missed it but otherwise going to carry on with ZC
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked fatty meat more, but I really have trouble with it... even when I was little I didn't want my meat portion to have ANY fat on it, no bones, or unidentifiable gristly bits, and no greasy slick - didn't like butter either, or any milk but skim. I'd puke if my meal was strictly fatty burger. Don't know how you guys can do it.... More power to ya! Very dry pepperoni is about the closest I get, I still get the meatiest cut of bacon I can and cut off any obviously meatless areas of fat on the slices before baking in the oven.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I like the fat if it's crisp. When it still "looks like fat" from beef especially...yeah not so much. I'll take the majority of the fat off of brisket before I cook it and fry the fat up in a pan and eat that when it's crisp...mmmm yum. But I can't even imagine eating "jiggly" meat fat.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    I like the fat if it's crisp. When it still "looks like fat" from beef especially...yeah not so much. I'll take the majority of the fat off of brisket before I cook it and fry the fat up in a pan and eat that when it's crisp...mmmm yum. But I can't even imagine eating "jiggly" meat fat.

Lol that's totally me! No jiggly fat please :blush:

I like crispy bacon fat, crispy edge of the steak fat, crispy chicken skin, but nothing soft and squishy please. I love butter, but its got to be on something, I couldnt eat it on its own, same goes for all the other fats really, I need them combined with my protein, i.e. eggs, cheese, cream, marbled steak.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Have always loved fatty meats - think this is why I am loving ZC so much can eat to my hearts content and still feel amazing
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I agree with the no jiggly fat. Crispy yes!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Um....I can and have been known to eat butter....off a spoon....and I eat all the fat....squishy, crispy, jiggly...I'm still jiggly, who am I to not appreciate jiggly fat? :D

Right!?! I have plenty of my own wobbly bits!!! No judgments here! :p:p:p
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I can't do jiggly fat either, ugh gross! But crispy fat is YUM
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Um....I can and have been known to eat butter....off a spoon....and I eat all the fat....squishy, crispy, jiggly...I'm still jiggly, who am I to not appreciate jiggly fat? :D

I eat all the fats. Nom. Hubby Hates skin and fat...so it's all mine with no sharing! :trollface:

I have noticed over the past week that I have been eating less veggies. I cut fruit out awhile ago. My birthday is around the corner, and I have no desire for the "low carb" brownie mix I have as a birthday dessert. I think I might just do a zero carb August! Count me in :smiley: I have been thinking of dropping my fake flavored waters as well, but haven't yet.

It should help that I went to Costco yesterday and only bought zero carb! I didn't even really mean too..bought chicken, ground beef, shrimp, pork tenderloin, steaks, jot dogs, butter and heavy cream. No other food, it just didn't appeal to me. Zero carb August, here I come!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I was just in ireland as well (and france). I did well in terms of sweets etc, but not so well when it came to french fries! (and wine). I'm focusing on protein and veg for now. My fats usually take care of themselves.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    My youngest is a boy and he's 5. He looks in the fridge and then he says "you still aren't using your butter. Mom!" Which is code for..."Mom, cut me off some curls o'that I'm hungry." He's a funny kid. He also steals all my cream cheese and eats it by the spoonful. But he won't eat meat with fat on it? What a double standard. :wink:
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL Everyone is so different. I tried All Animal April and did not do great on it. I don't mind fatty meat and I don't mind lean meat but that is my problem. I just "don't mind" it. Meat does very little for me. It's just a fuel. Some I like better than others but I don't like a lot of meat. Eating carnivorous was just... not fun enough. I still want entertainment value for my food I guess. :D

I agree that going carnivorous does take care of physical cravings for food! I had menatl cravings but physical? Nada.
  • becwana
    becwana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not a jiggly wobbly fat fan either (we call it 'the flubbedy bits' in my house) but love the crispy stuff and have been known to butter slices of cheese and eat them!
    I love meat and despite being re-educated by this woe, it's still hard for me to let go of the 'I should eat my veggies, they are good for me' mentality. It's been drummed in for so many years!!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @nvmomketo I definitely agree that the physical craving for stuff has been reduced greatly since adopting a carnivore WOE. For me, the mental side has been reduced as well. I am satisfied to the point that I don't want to snag a fry off my boyfriend's plate or send him to 7-11 to grab me something sweet, chocolate, and sour. When I went off the rails, it was a full on bender.

Now, it is early days and recent stresses may prove different in the future but I also have more motivation right now. I am satisfied with what I eat and I don't long for another different so that's why it works for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    If it is working for you, it is working for you. :) I was never overly impressed with all meat. It was always just okay. It sounds like it is working really well for you. That's great!

To be honest, I am a bit jealous. Eating mostly animal makes a huge amount of sense to me, and I have insulin resistance so cutting almost all carbs makes sense to me. Eating plants does not seem like it is always in our best interests...Plus less cooking. LOL Yep. I'm jealous. :);)