What's your favorite thing you ate this past week?

Options

Replies

• Bubbas_girl
    Bubbas_girl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken souvlaki with Tzatziki sauce over a salad. Munched on some grilled seasoned portabellas & sipped on a spiked seltzer while the chicken was on the grill :wink:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had a packable dinner (at work - construction site security) of stirfried green onion, zucchini, and fresh mushrooms with Rosemary EVOO, Bragg's Aminos, and Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce topped with 55g of hemp hearts. Soooo tasty!
    Snack when I got home tonight of 4 mini sticks of Freybe double smoked dry pepperoni - drool.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    I made an awesome fresh cod loin (1.73lbs) drizzled with butter, capers with lemon & basil, few other pepper seasonings, topped with parmesan and hot paprika then baked in parchment paper. First time I tried it with parchment and I highly recommend it. Cooked 20 minutes and it was perfectly done for two. So happy!

En Papillote - awesome way of cooking - moistest salmon or chicken or turkey ever.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My husband's yummy Okinawan style pork: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafute I would eat it everyday. He doesn't use sugar in it, though. Just salt.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Large butter fried portobello mushroom cap. Turned gills up. Poached egg on top. Three bacon slices. Melted butter mixed with Sriracha sauce poured on top.

Low Carb Eggs Benedict.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I made this last night:
    http://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/
    Really good and a little spicy. I did remove 75% of the jalapeno seeds.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Pink steak & lobster...extra butter!! Yuumm
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I roasted a locally-, pasture-raised half chicken (it was the size of a small turkey! Absolutely amazing!

Actually went out to the farm to pick up my chickens, got a full tour of the operation and got to see the happy chickens. Very neat way to connect with your food.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Chocolate chia pudding:

2tbsp chia seeds
    Toasted coconut almond milk (or your choice of whatever)
    Little bit of swerve sweetener
    Little bit of unsweetened cocoa

Make the chia and milk first, mix together, stick in fridge, mixing up about every 5 minutes until congealed, add more milk/cream of choice if necessary. When done, add in whatever ingredients your heart desires that are Keto approved. Mix and enjoy. 57uy0yj15oke.jpeg

Additional side note: it kind of tasted like Cocoa Puffs!
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dairy-free bulletproof coffee is my new favorite thing.

16oz fresh coffee
    2tbsp Nutiva Organic Shortening (with red palm and coconut oil)
    2 tbsp Almond Creamer
    Blend vigorously

It is a creamy, frothy, comforting mug of "I'll never be hungry again" glory.

305 calories, 29g fat, 1 protein, 4 carbs

All the carbs come from the creamer, so that can be rectified if you like sugar-free options or don't like a sweeter coffee.

(For me personally, any diet shift which affects how I can have my coffee is a non-starter so I will always allocate carbs / calories towards my coffee preference. It sounds infantile, but that's one of my truths.)
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    BLT Lettuce Wraps with tons of mayo
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    4 oz. fillet minion, broiled, homemade bearnaise sauce, grilled asparagus and a side salad of romaine lettuce with champange vinegarette. Decaf iced tea, plain. Eaten on our deck, with the fountain flowing and surrounded by the garden flowers. Food good for the soul and body o:)
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chia pudding:

2tbsp chia seeds
    Toasted coconut almond milk (or your choice of whatever)
    Little bit of swerve sweetener
    Little bit of unsweetened cocoa

Make the chia and milk first, mix together, stick in fridge, mixing up about every 5 minutes until congealed, add more milk/cream of choice if necessary. When done, add in whatever ingredients your heart desires that are Keto approved. Mix and enjoy. 57uy0yj15oke.jpeg

Additional side note: it kind of tasted like Cocoa Puffs!

Thanks for posting this ima make right now!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Russell Stover Sugar Free Bites. They are such a nice little chocolate snack when I need something sweet. But what I made that I loved? I cooked boneless pork ribs on the grill then popped them into the crock pot the next day and allowed them to slow cook in a butter garlic sauce....they were tasty as heck!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Curried Zucchini Scramble. It's a combination of zucchini, onion and mushrooms stir-fried in butter with curry powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Throw in a couple scrambled eggs for protein.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    40 clove garlic chicken thighs and cauliflower rice from last nights dinner. Suuuupppperrr yummy!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I always forgot how good The Lob can be for those running keto. So long as you can stay away from the biscuits, stick to their grilled and steamed stuff, and pick broccoli as a side, you're golden. All of that melted butter...god yes.
  • mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Grilled shrimp. We get our shrimp from a nice Oriental couple who call you the afternoon before they make a night run so you can put in your dibsies for the following morning. The shrimp we ate on Wednesday had been dawdling around in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday. Their shrimp are so fresh that once I saw a feisty little crustacean jump out of his galvanized wash tub and try to make a break for it. That's fresh.
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Made a chicken, chia & parsley soup. The tablespoon of chia when it puffed up in the soup tastes like that tiny Italian pasta. The chia took on the taste of the soup. I am going to try again with diff. soups. I just made a 2 serving pot.