August LC Basics Challenge Week 1 (8/1-8/7)

Options

Replies

• jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    August 2
    +0.9#
    Carbs 19%
    Sugar 9g
  • option3girl
    option3girl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just started LCHF Monday for the first time ever and I just saw this challenge. Will post my stats this evening!
  • ChrissyGoto
    ChrissyGoto Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SW:265
    CW: 210
    GW: 175

Aug 2:
    Carb Goal: :(
    Water: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT :+1:
    Daily Vitamins:+1:
    Run(3x a week):+1:
    4/5
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    So it's ok for me to put flavorings in my water? Would steaming black tea and serving over ice count? Seriously, I hate water. Ugh. Would be great if my water intake could taste yummy to me.

Non-calorie unsweetened flavorings, sure. And yes, you can include tea in those things (or broth, if that's a thing for you). I focused on learning to drink water several years ago and after a few months reached a point where reaching for my water bottle was a habit and I didn't need the flavors for incentive. I still include them sometimes, but my plain water intake is sufficient for my hydration needs. I think when you're establishing a habit you should do whatever you need to establish it.

Building a new habit is hard, don't make it impossible to establish my forcing yourself into the most unpleasant version of the habit.
  • co_lau
    co_lau Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    2 Aug Report
    Carbs: 38g
    Exercise: 20 minutes running

Technically shy on my 30 minutes of intentional movement, but, the 20 minutes of run was an aggressive 20 minutes with a glorious hill in the middle. I kept my HR at ~175, which is 93% of max. And after that 20 minutes, nothing else was happening.

I am pleased with keeping my carbs below 50g yesterday. I am most pleased by how I wake up in the mornings. When my carbs were higher, mornings felt kind of like being hit by a truck but still having to get out of bed. Now I wake up and I am AWAKE. There was clearly no truck mauling me in my sleep.

Tomorrow I step on the scale and am hopeful, very hopeful, to see 201.0 lbs.
  • ashtonleigh12
    ashtonleigh12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goals for August are:
    20g of carbs or less & logging them. I didn't realize how many carbs are in so many different types of food.
    Run 1 mile or more 5 days a week.
    20 minutes of core workout everyday

I want to lose weight of course but it's not a high priority. If I lose some weight, I'll be happy. I don't want to get my hopes up.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Goals for August:

Exercise 4 days a week
    Carbs below 50 (I usually go below 30 but I'm having some weird hormone fluctuations so I might experiment with a bit higher here and there)
    Try to get up a little earlier...I fail this goal monthly but I have got to do something. I'm running late ALL the time.

I guess that's all for now. No biggies. I'm desperately hoping we can take a vacation this month but IDK if it'll happen.

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SW: 224
    CW: 208
    GW: 180

for 8/2

calories - under
    carbs - 3 :blush:
    water - 115oz
    exercise - 3 X's!!!
    logging - yes!

hope I can keep this up! Having the whole family on board really makes a difference!
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank for all the tips and advice on drinking water....it has helped.
    August 2

Carbs
  • kfat1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips and advice on drinking water...it has helped.
    August 2- goals met
  • kfat1
    Options
    Can someone please tell me how to reply to other people post?
  • Bubbas_girl
    Bubbas_girl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ended July on a bumpy note...not quite fallen-off the wagon, but sort of dragged, hopping on one leg, down the road a piece :D So far, no weight gain to show for it, but not really much of a loss either.

Still logging consistently.
    Under net calorie goals so far for Aug (1300/day).
    Lowered carb limit another notch today, and adjusted protein & fat accordingly.
    Still struggling to find time/ambition for more deliberate exercise that doesn't involve an animal, buckets, wheelbarrow, shovel, or the cleaning of something or someone...

Today's weight...150.6!! Hoping to be sub-150 by the end of the week (a number I haven't seen in over 15 years!)

SW (4/1/16): 172#
    GW: 135-140#

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    In an effort to flatten my emotional roller coaster world, without the use or should I say abuse of food or alcohol, here goes: 54.5kg now. Target is loose 2 kilos. Method is Drink more water, exercise when I am healthy enough to do that and watch for carb creep from fruit. On a plus side last week I lost weight as I had no time to eat lunch.

One week: feeling awesome, work travel very successful meetings plus internal recruitment for 11 people so "saving" them from being "let go". Next week: guilt over neglecting husband, guilt over being that work focussed that I forgot to book holidays plus I have a monster head cold (Karma?) and fatigue.

Curse the wonder woman suit and hand me a G&T!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    @kfat1 You can use their screen name like I just did with @ in front of it like Twitter or Instagram. Or you can hit Quote under their post
    kfat1 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me how to reply to other people post?

then reply that way.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Goals for August:

Exercise 4 days a week
    Carbs below 50 (I usually go below 30 but I'm having some weird hormone fluctuations so I might experiment with a bit higher here and there)
    Try to get up a little earlier...I fail this goal monthly but I have got to do something. I'm running late ALL the time.

I guess that's all for now. No biggies. I'm desperately hoping we can take a vacation this month but IDK if it'll happen.

Updating to add in supplements! I keep forgetting them!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Doing well since last post, and have lost some relapse weight. Feeling the keto rush a little and lovin it.
    This week is three social things. I think I'm handling them better. it's nice to have friends again. Trying not to let anxieties rule and just enjoy the time and have some fun.
    Still working on my home project, following the konmari decluttering method and have to say, I like it and it's working.
    I like being back on my initial basic keto diet. I do feel hungry, but I also have energy to burn so somehow I manage to keep my mind off food. Energy is key for me in this way of eating. It makes it worth it. even a small amount of carbs really sap the life out of me and make me feel like doing nothing. I really notice that.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    SW 240
    CW 237

Carbs :/
    binging :)
    logging food :)

OK so yesterday was good. But no loss of weight today. Don't know what the deal is except maybe too many nuts yesterday. I'm going with no nuts today to see if that helps.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SW 169.5
    CW 164.8
    GW 140

I decided to go even lower on carbs, last week I started Atkins 20. So far I am down 4.9 bs., some is water of course, but I was not starting out overloaded on water, (I spent the last 2 months, bring carbs down to under 100 g per day. )so I think some of it was fat. 8x4bavlix7bp.gif

My goal is to continue eating Atkins, I am mid week in my second week of induction. My goal is to up my carbs to 30 next week and then after that go into the Atkins 40 plan. That will take me to the end of August. While I am not following their food plan to the T, it gives me a place to start planning meals that fit the protocol. I am also not using the bars and shakes, I used my current supply of whey protein powder for shakes and real foods to create anything that calls for one of their meals.

I'm even rereading his new Atkins diet book, so I feel like I am really getting back to the basics.
  • Carmen20
    Carmen20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After 3 years and 18 lbs later I'm ready to restart my low carb lifestyle. I fell off the wagon slowly but I've been reading you and I've been making smarter decisions during the last month, now I'm joining you in this challenge.

CW: 182
    Aug GW: 175
    Final GW: 164

Need to focus on:

• Water intake (I barely drink any water other than the one in my coffee)
    • Carbs under 50 grams a day
    • Multivitamins at least 3x a week
    • Eat more vegetables
  • kfat1
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    @kfat1 You can use their screen name like I just did with @ in front of it like Twitter or Instagram. Or you can hit Quote under their post

then reply that way.

Thank you