Starting OMAD, 8/1/16

Options
stinsjer000
stinsjer000 Posts: 21 Member
Hi, my name is Jerrianne and I'm currently 18. Monday, August 1st, I have decided to give OMAD a go.
Height: 5'6
SW: 273.5
GW: Below 200 and keeping it going.
Eating window: 11AM-1PM.

Once after a week, I will be writing these weekly instead of daily.

Day one: I decided to start off the meal with the two tablespoons of apple cider, and I didn't think about how disgusting it was to drink it with water, so it upset my stomach tons. (I am very sensitive to taste/smell and have a sensitive stomach.) Also, probably may be the reason I didn't finish my meal. I ate a plateful, but due to drinking so much water, I didn't finish it. I got in about 1300+ calories. My tummy was a bit tight and very full, but it did stay full for a while. Probably about 6/7 hours. After almost 7 hours, my tummy started grumbling and I could feel my blood sugar drop and it made me feel very dizzy, so I broke and got a little lemonade packet for my water. (70 cals) I hope it didn't mess me up for the day. :(

It's already almost 9PM and I think I'm gonna hit the hay early because I don't want to break and eat something! Hope you guys have a good night! Let me know you guy's experiences!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. It will be tough, but you can decide to stick with it.
  • Fumpydink
    Fumpydink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've basically just started too, first week has been moving my window around and narrowing it to get into the swing of it. I needed to push my window back slowly so I had been trying to do that a week before I started my diary on here (during which I think i lost about 5lbs). I found starting my window a bit later helped with hunger before bed time (can't sleep if I'm hungry). I think once you find the window you are good with it's easier. It's trial and error, my first week has not been perfect but I see it as a figuring it out week.

Wish you the best! Keep posting!
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    Sorry made a mistake! I came down about 2lbs in the week before starting my diary! I wish it had been 5lbs!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Jerrianne!!
  • stinsjer000
    Options
    Thank you guys for the replies!!! This morning I didn't wake up as hungry. I guzzled a bottle of water though, and I feel more thirsty than hungry, honestly. I took a shower and once out of the shower I began to put together my meal.

As I was, I was like oh man, I don't even feel that hungry.. and it was very shocking to me cause I was huuungry last night! During the meal, I felt more thirsty than I did hungry, and so therefore, I didn't finish my meal once again. Got almost 1400 cals today. My stomach is full and I'm ready for tomorrow.

Also, just a question. Did anyone else feel kinda gross after eating their meal? The meal kind of makes me despise food.. Like how was I eating this much in a day if I can't eat it all at once?! It's crazy how much this really does cause you to reprogram your thinking and control on food.

Can't wait til weigh in day!! :)
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    Lol yes i felt exactly that, first day i overdid it because i was thinking "no waaaay is that enough food" but i ended up so stuffed i felt disgusting. So am toning stuff down and trying to pace my eating properly so i don't suddenly get hit by a groaning belly. I think it resets your satiety signal, thats what its done for me in any case. I am genuinely not really hungry until about 6pm and even then it doesn't take anywhere near as much food to get me full up.

What's truly weird is that before, i could eat a high calorie lunch and then have a 1000+ calories meal for dinner and still not feel as stuffed as I do now. You'd think just in terms of total calories I would have been more full before I started OMAD.

You are doing great!! Cheering you on over here!
  • stinsjer000
    Options
    Hello and good evening.. I'm sad to say that I cheated and slid my eating time an hour back since I was thought to have a date around my actual eating period... He ended up canceling on me.. Which made me pretty upset and we ended up arguing.. Then my mom asked me out for lunch and I really didn't want to turn her down because she gets extremely butt hurt over those things.. and I felt sad.

I feel so angry at myself for induldging on the meal, even though I didn't finish it. I know for sure that was over my entire calorie intake, though. I should of went simple and easy, but my mom would of easily made a remark to the salad I ordered. It's like, when you're fat, people don't expect you to order something healthy, so you constantly live in this fear that they know you didn't get at the weight you're at by /eating salads./ and it's like they look at you like you're lying to yourself.. but when you order something fattening, they /still/ judge you. I hate public eating. Anyone with me?

But still, the guilt of induldging is making me feel so bad about myself.. like day 3 and I've already done this? I feel so stupid and pathetic now. :( Can this count as my cheat day?
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It's fine, we've all done it! And it's hard when there are social pressures to eat. Just dust yourself off and keep going, you didn't fail, it's just a minor stumbling block. You can do this.
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    I broke and ate like a massive bowl of alpen on the 2nd or 3rd day just cos my scale nudged up a bit. Cara's right, we have all done it/will do it so don't beat yourself up.

Don't worry about it, just get back on the horse!

Re the people judging you on your food choices thing, I know exactly what you mean. But ultimately you should eat whats right for you.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hello and good evening.. I'm sad to say that I cheated and slid my eating time an hour back since I was thought to have a date around my actual eating period... He ended up canceling on me.. Which made me pretty upset and we ended up arguing.. Then my mom asked me out for lunch and I really didn't want to turn her down because she gets extremely butt hurt over those things.. and I felt sad.

I feel so angry at myself for induldging on the meal, even though I didn't finish it. I know for sure that was over my entire calorie intake, though. I should of went simple and easy, but my mom would of easily made a remark to the salad I ordered. It's like, when you're fat, people don't expect you to order something healthy, so you constantly live in this fear that they know you didn't get at the weight you're at by /eating salads./ and it's like they look at you like you're lying to yourself.. but when you order something fattening, they /still/ judge you. I hate public eating. Anyone with me?

But still, the guilt of induldging is making me feel so bad about myself.. like day 3 and I've already done this? I feel so stupid and pathetic now. :( Can this count as my cheat day?

Take your time easing into this and please don't beat yourself up about anything. Slow and steady wins this Omad race. We're all changing and change is or can be really difficult and something that takes time, something that we have to adjust to. Just by you posting shows your commitment. Don't compare yourself with anyone else, because everyone is so different, comparing yourself with what others do will only bring discouragement. You are brave and strong to even attempt this--again, it's going to take time, okay?
  • stinsjer000
    Options
    Evening guys. Thank you very much for such the motivational words. It honestly really helped me put my foot up my *kitten* and put some step in my game. I ate at my usual time and not planning on eating again til tomorrow. And if I need any pep, I know for sure I will come back and read all of these again. It really means a lot.

But anyways, my family wants me to come to beech bend tomorrow and they're willing to pay for my ticket, but I hate waterparks because I absolutely hate walking around in my bathing suit. I would /like/ to go to have some fun and get my mind off of things, maybe catch some tanning, but still, I feel indifferent because of the whole swim suit thing.. I don't want people staring at me like I'm not a human being, you know?

Other than that, I think today has been a pretty decent day. I just feel very drained and exhausted. My children's development and psychology classes start Monday and I am in no way prepared! Physically, yes, but mentally, noooo.

My lunch time is inbetween the classes, so any pointers on some good fulfilling lunches to pack up?

Hope you guys are doing well though and thank you once again!
  • Fumpydink
    Options
    You are doing really well! Good for you!! How about a sarong? I havent worn a bathing suit since I was a kid! My sister whos A bit heavier than me just said to me that she didnt give a damn if anyone looked at her, shes never seeing those people again and if she wants to wear a bathing suit she'll wear a bathing suit! My sister is made of sterner stuff than me, but brilliant attitude.
  • stinsjer000
    Options
    I decided against going to beech bend because my mom needed a fill in for someone at work. So my day is going to be answering several phone calls in the facility she works at. This is good though, it'll keep me distracted for the day and I'll still be able to eat at my usual time.

This morning I drunk a coffee and only a bottle (two cups) of water this morning. Gotta get back on the wagon with my water because I haven't been drinking anything at all really.

I'll catch back with you guys this evening after I eat my meal. Weigh in day is Monday!!! I'm scared now!!
  • stinsjer000
    Options
    Hello guys! I didn't log last night cause I made a walmart run and absolutely fell out the minute I finally got home, but here I am. Yesterdays meal was soup and crackers and miscellaneous things. (Mostly for caprie intake.) But I stayed strong, even when my mom offered me some sonic. Today I couldn't even finish most of my meal, which is crazy!!!

Does anyone else get an upset tummy after eating? I certainly do. :(
  • Eidian
    Eidian Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I find there's a bit of an adjustment period when you start intermittent fasting. For me, it takes about 2 weeks to go away. I feel like it's a bit of a detox that occurs when you begin fasting frequently.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Eidian wrote: »
    I find there's a bit of an adjustment period when you start intermittent fasting. For me, it takes about 2 weeks to go away. I feel like it's a bit of a detox that occurs when you begin fasting frequently.

True. You wonder if things will ever be the same again. it's like a loneliness, a kind of torture. And then...time passes and the light at the end of the tunnel appears!
  • OMADing1
    Options

True. You wonder if things will ever be the same again. it's like a loneliness, a kind of torture. And then...time passes and the light at the end of the tunnel appears!

Yep, and what a terrific light it is. After your break-in period, you're going to find such calm and peace, not worrying about what to eat and when, just like Joe says Omad has me constantly thinking thusly:
    1.) Snacking makes you fat
    2.) you can have it, just not now
    3.) Just eat and be done with it

These three things I've learned from Joe (I've learned a lot more, but these specific three things, helps me so much.
    Also, after your break in time, you're going to experience a "peace and calm" about eating that is so wonderful. Lastly, I fill myself up with lots of water and herbal teas until my meal time, it helps me so much. In the beginning of drinking so much water and teas, I was going to the "potty" a lot. As time is going on, it's not as "urgent" a feeling as when I first started drinking lots of water. I used to hate water, now I love it as much as soda pop--you will too!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    edampu wrote: »

Yep, and what a terrific light it is. After your break-in period, you're going to find such calm and peace, not worrying about what to eat and when, saving so much money in groceries, your cravings for a LOT of stuff that is helping keeping you not in the shape you want is going to diminish so much, if not be eliminated--but OMAD is so terrific, you can still have the treats if you want, just make sure they fit on your plate or in your 1 (or whatever you're doing) mealtime. What I constantly think of (well, it's kinda automatic now, but when I first started a little over a month ago, I constantly thought of what Joe says about Omad:
    1.) Snacking makes you fat
    2.) you can have it, just not now
    3.) Just eat and be done with it

These three things I've learned from Joe (I've learned a lot more, but these specific three things, helps me so much.
    Also, after your break in time, you're going to experience a "peace and calm" about eating that is so wonderful. Lastly, I fill myself up with lots of water and herbal teas until my meal time, it helps me so much. In the beginning of drinking so much water and teas, I was going to the "potty" a lot. As time is going on, it's not as "urgent" a feeling as when I first started drinking lots of water. I used to hate water, now I love it as much as soda pop--you will too!