It's starting...

Options
2»

Replies

• scottaking
    scottaking Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    49 pounds in 8 weeks. Why not 50? Lol.

Probably a more believable, less rounded, number. With that said, I lost 29 lbs in 30 days. Where's my magazine cover?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    scottaking wrote: »

Probably a more believable, less rounded, number. With that said, I lost 29 lbs in 30 days. Where's my magazine cover?

574dd434130000d605383263.jpeg
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you were heavy enough to begin with then you could conceivably lose 49 pounds in 8 weeks, I think, but magazine writers chose their numbers entirely at random : "998 Top tips for a clean fridge!" Etc.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Good call! If being in National Enquirer or a commercial during the olympix is what it takes to introduce sensible diet concepts into the thick collective noggins of our Positively Intractable & Stupid Sisters, so be it.

Seriously, would we really prefer that Oz be reinforcing existing superstitions by peddling the Coke & Candy Corn diet?

PS. Dr. Perlmutter is an Oz advisor, I seem to recall. Definitely not a Twinkie pusher...
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Does this mean we're going to have an onslaught of Oz followers on here asking the same questions over and over again?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Does this mean we're going to have an onslaught of Oz followers on here asking the same questions over and over again?

Yeeeeaaah, that's kind of what I was expecting too. Drones gonna drone unfortunately, and there's nothing we can do about it, but either keep repeating ourselves, or start giving Burt stares. The latter is usually less helpful, but eventually just kind of happens.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Only a minority of munchkins will make their way here, and with redirection to the LCD Launch Pad, perhaps some deprogramming can take place.

We all found the path to our renegade LC routines from some other planet... For many of us (who, me?), our alien days are not that far behind us.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Dr. Oz is a quack. I do hope it's a case of any press is good press.
  • richb178
    richb178 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Just saw a commercial for an exerciser where the guy lost 54 lbs in some weeks using the exerciser. Of course in the fine print they say your results may vary and that he followed the complementary diet plan provided that they don't explain.

Gee, I wonder what kind of plan that was?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Either LC or Tapeworm Diet, I would bet.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    This thread is like a crystal ball for hindsight. What did we all say was going to happen? Now look at the main board and tell me what happened. Yeap.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    This thread is like a crystal ball for hindsight. What did we all say was going to happen? Now look at the main board and tell me what happened. Yeap.

I would.... but I don't want to turn to stone. Is it bad?

I also don't do "news." Is Oz the official MD of the White House yet?

That's it from Ostrichville.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Nah, it's just exactly what was expected: everyone and their mom asking the exact same questions over and over and over, people who have been keto for three days swearing it's the one true way then a week later talking about how terrible it is, etc.
  • RalfLott
    Options

Nah, it's just exactly what was expected: everyone and their mom asking the exact same questions over and over and over, people who have been keto for three days swearing it's the one true way then a week later talking about how terrible it is, etc.

Par for the weedy course, I suppose.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I've been out there in the MF a bit lately. The environment is better for sure. It used to be that anyone who mentioned low-carb anything was immediately piled upon and trashed and laughed off the forum. Now at least, despite those who feel it's their obligation to tell them why they should just count calories and eat whatever they want, it's not an immediate *kitten*-show. Mostly people get directed here. People say keto isn't for everyone and understand the concept of why people do things like keto in the first place. LCers who frequent the MF comment and don't get trashed. It's not perfect, but it's better. A lot less aggressive and generally more polite. Low-carb is accepted as a legit tool. Even though they all still think we're crazy for doing it. The MF has achieved, finally, tolerance of low-carb to a point. Unless people get on there and start talking insulin and the magic of fat-burners vs. sugar-burners...then...well... a lot less spectacular, or vehement, *kitten*-show ensues. But it wouldn't be our dear MFP without the *kitten*-show.

Of course I've been on MFP since...daaaaaayum...August 2014... :lol: 3 years.
    It has changed.
    Still a hot mess sometimes though. People will be people. :smirk: