A little August Challenge

Options
Recently my fitbit broke so I've been trying to make sure I keep up with my activity despite this. I've decided to use Pokemon Go as a bit of an inspiration. I've challenged myself to hatch at least one egg every day during the month of August.

Aug 1st, I hatched Poliwag from a 5k
Aug 2nd, I hatched Tauros from a 5k

Anyone else is welcome to join up and share your luck in what you manage to hatch!

Replies

• Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Absolutely, I went for a four mile jog / walk and discovered you can hatch about 2.5 2 km eggs in that time. By the end of the walk I had two more caterpies (boo), a magikarp (yay!!), a pidgey (ugh, really?!) and one new addition from a 5km egg, and my first fighter: Machop!!

Aug 2nd Machop from a 5k
    Aug 3rd Caterpie fora 2k (*again*)

Today: I've got .5 left on a 10 km egg... crossing fingers!!
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aug 3rd I ended up hatching a doduo, first one of those for me! Today I have another 5k egg to hatch, mostly because I can't seem to get 2k or 10k ones.

I wish I lived closer to where the pokestops and gyms are in my town. Though we have to go to Vancouver next week for a few days. I'm really looking forward to that!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Ah this is a cool idea! Im starting a little late but that's okay :)

08/04/2016 - Hatched a Oddish from a 5k :) (but he was a buff oddish, 556cp)
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options
    Aug 4th, hatched a Goldeen from a 5k
    Today, Aug 5th hatched a Pikachu from a 2k (My husband was so jealous!)
  • guinevere96
    Options

08/05/2016 - Hatched a psyduck from a 5k

08/06/2016 - Hatched a Weedle from a 2k (ugh) But he was a 219 weedle which is the biggest weedle ive ever had lol
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options

08/06/2016 - Hatched a Weedle from a 2k (ugh) But he was a 219 weedle which is the biggest weedle ive ever had lol

Nice, psyduck!

Aug 6th, I hatched a Paras from a 5k.
  • Intrinsicat
    Options
    A psyduck and a Pikachu - those are great! I just hatched an oddish today :( ugh we have them everywhere! I didn't get a chance to hatch anything yesterday as we were traveling by car to our vacation destination - but halfway to hatching a 10 km egg for tomorrow!!
  • guinevere96
    Options

Hatched a Krabby on the way to work this morning :) I just want a 10k egg! Havent found one yet and ive been playing since day 1!
  • Intrinsicat
    Options
    I can't believe you haven't found one 10 k egg... Good luck! I hatched am electrobuzz I think that's the name, today. Have three of them!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    I can't believe you haven't found one 10 k egg... Good luck! I hatched am electrobuzz I think that's the name, today. Have three of them!

NOT A SINGLE ONE. The boyfriend found one, jealous, but I haven't gotten one yet.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    August 7th a Tangula from a 5k egg.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    8/8 - Nothing :( it was raining so I was afraid to have my phone out as I walked.
    but this morning (08/09) I hatched a 209 Caterpie from a 2k lol
  • Intrinsicat
    Options
    Rottified wrote: »

I have YET to find one of those!! My DD18 has one, I'm jealous!! I hatched a Rattata yesterday, FINALLY *sarcasm*

Working on a 2k egg now all the rest are 5s
  • guinevere96
    Options

I have YET to find one of those!! My DD18 has one, I'm jealous!! I hatched a Rattata yesterday, FINALLY *sarcasm*

I FINALLY found a tangula like 3 days ago a few blocks from my house, was super duper surprised.
  • thetenthdoctor
    thetenthdoctor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oooh. This sounds fun! I'm .5 k away from hatching a 2 k and .6 away from a 5 km. I'll let everyone know what I get today!
  • Intrinsicat
    edited August 2016
    Options
    .4 away from a 2k egg. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but the egg charts are now all over the web!

Egg Chart

Good luck @thetenthdoctor - great name, btw. We got to meet him at a Con last year, he's great in person too!!
  • Owlie45
    Options

I kept seeing that one was near by but i could never get one. I was so excited I sent a pic to my friend and pissed her off.
    LOL. Yeah wasn't impressed when I hatched a Magikarp.
  • thetenthdoctor
    thetenthdoctor Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Intrinsicat!

I ended up getting a Venonat and a Caterpie. Finally was able to get the Butterfree I've been wanting for forever!
  • NatashaLP2014
    Options
    I hatched a pretty kick *kitten* Grimer yesterday out of a 5k. And a Paras the day before.

Unfortunately I missed a few days since my MiL was here and we were trying to clean the basement apartment in our house after the tenant moved out.

I've also yet to get my hands on a 10k egg! I'd likely end up with an Eevee though, haha.
  • Owlie45
    Options
    I hatched a pretty kick *kitten* Grimer yesterday out of a 5k. And a Paras the day before.

Unfortunately I missed a few days since my MiL was here and we were trying to clean the basement apartment in our house after the tenant moved out.

I've also yet to get my hands on a 10k egg! I'd likely end up with an Eevee though, haha.

My Co worker finally was able to hatch a 10k egg. She called me over to watch it hatch and everything. The look on her face when it was an eevee. Priceless.