Best multivitamin for Keto?

Options
I've seen vitamins tailored for just about anything, but I'd like to get an opinion of the best one for diehard Keto people. Suggestions?

Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    That's a great site, wow my kids multivitamin is terrible :(
  • DJPiP3
    DJPiP3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site link Gallowmere, I've switched to a new multivitamin (Rainbow Light for Men) from Centrum.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Other Labdoor rankings are useful, too.

(Most melatonin supplements reviewed were good, but it's another story with magnesium... ).
  • MelissaHaseley
    MelissaHaseley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback! Labdoor seems pretty reliable. With the nutrients I tend to lack in tracker and info from labdoor, I think I have a better idea on where I should start. :)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My choice is rainbow light one a day for the price vs. quality.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Great! There are other Alive vitamins on there, but not the Women's Energy one! :-(
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Yocum1219 wrote: »
    Great! There are other Alive vitamins on there, but not the Women's Energy one! :-(

Yeah, the tests are a work in progress, so if you don't see something, check back in a couple of weeks. Hell, even Centrum Adult wasn't up there until recently.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Other Labdoor rankings are useful, too.

(Most melatonin supplements reviewed were good, but it's another story with magnesium... ).

Yeah, unfortunately, most magnesium supps are trash, and I haven't been able to find any of the decent ones without ordering online.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 - I order online, simply for the cost savings most of the time! I'd rather shop local, but I'm not going to pay 2 to 5 times more to do so... I like the Doctor's Best brand of Magnesium Gylcinate. I know it says it's not the best form, but bang for the buck, I take it twice a day, and it fixes me right up. I like it best out of all the ones I've tried. The only times I've had any issues is if I've had a day where I sweat buckets for hours and such - I might have to add in a little extra or something...(I have no AC in my car, and currently apartment hunting in 100 degree weather for hours on end, so this happens maybe once a week...)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Ditto KnitorMiss above. I use the Doctor's Best brand of Magnesium Glycinate and have had no problems with it. I take 3 tablets a day (two tablets equal one 200mg serving) spread out over the day. Bought the 240 tablet size so it will last 80 days.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @MelissaHaseley welcome to MFP forums.

I hate supplements because they can be such a ripoff but the more research I have done over the past two years the more I have tried and the more money I have spent. Over the past two years I have found LifeExtension brand to be of a good quality and backed by third party research but I got tired of a table full of bottles and remembering to take them all. :)

lifeextension.com/Vitamins-Supplements/item02054/Life-Extension-Mix-Capsules

I just moved to the option above that contains over 50 items that research indicate to be helpful in my case to free up my supplement table top and save some $$$.

Young healthy people may not need to be so concerned about supplements but that is not my case plus I am trying to refine this to make it simple for other family members. Cancer prevention/treatment due to deaths in our family is a driver in my case and there are other supplements that I work with other than the one above that is more a shotgun approach.

Over time it will become clear what works and does not work for you. Best of success.

• Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've come to believe that the quality of even the best foods in our food supply is so low that high quality supplements are (criminally) necessary for optimal health and performance.

Vitamins, minerals and micronutrients are like carbon monoxide - just because you can't see, smell, taste or feel them immediately, they still have a profound effect - or in this case the lack of them have a profound long term negative effect.

I use quite a few Hammer Nutrition, Jarrow and NOW products, and have switched to Magtein as my Magnesium supplement.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My multi wasn't on that site. I use NutriSlim which is from Vitacost. It is meant specifically for low carb ways of eating. I'm hoping it is a good one!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

I hate supplements because they can be such a ripoff but the more research I have done over the past two years the more I have tried and the more money I have spent. Over the past two years I have found LifeExtension brand to be of a good quality and backed by third party research but I got tired of a table full of bottles and remembering to take them all. :)

I just moved to the option above that contains over 50 items that research indicate to be helpful in my case to free up my supplement table top and save some $$$.

Young healthy people may not need to be so concerned about supplements but that is not my case plus I am trying to refine this to make it simple for other family members. Cancer prevention/treatment due to deaths in our family is a driver in my case and there are other supplements that I work with other than the one above that is more a shotgun approach.

Over time it will become clear what works and does not work for you. Best of success.

Eeek! Fourteen A DAY????
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@GaleHawkins - I was so hopeful about that all in one supplement...until I read the ingredients. So many things that compete for absorption together in one formula... I wish they had an AM and PM of this - it would solve most of that... I was so excited, too. You'll have to report back how it actually performs. Maybe I'm wrong.