I am the most impulsive person I know...

Options
Shadowmf023
Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
I just booked myself into a gym for a month, after seeing their advertisement board. Without thinking, without doing research, without anything. So, I guess I'm booked for an aerobic class Mon-Fri at 07:30 now. Lol

When I walked out of there I was like "What the heck did I just do???"

Replies

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for people like you no one would ever join a gym
  • Shadowmf023
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Lol, not entirely true. Some people can't afford equipment. Atleast, not any equipment that makes much difference. (Heavy weights).

I think I might do the class for a month or two. And then after that get a trainer to draw up a heavy lifting routine for me. Then exercise on my own.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Could be one of the best spur of the moment decisions you have ever made, who knows? I hope you enjoy it!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Way better than impulsively dipping into your "favorite" trigger food! Enjoy the aerobics classes and whatever follows!
  • bensnj
    bensnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your "plan of action" sounds doable, BUT those good intentions have never worked for ME....maybe you'll
    have better luck :-) I joined a gym "for the summer" and have discovered new ways of exercising that are actually enjoyable....who knew !!!! Plus, I have made a ton of new gym buddies. Give the gym a chance....
    focus on the new possibilities and not on an "escape plan" of relying on a trainer.You've got this!!!
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    bensnj wrote: »
    Your "plan of action" sounds doable, BUT those good intentions have never worked for ME....maybe you'll
    have better luck :-) I joined a gym "for the summer" and have discovered new ways of exercising that are actually enjoyable....who knew !!!! Plus, I have made a ton of new gym buddies. Give the gym a chance....
    focus on the new possibilities and not on an "escape plan" of relying on a trainer.You've got this!!!

No escape plan yet. :lol: And I'm not going to rely on a trainer. Or hire one. At least not all the time. I just want them to draw up a program for me. After that I'll exercise alone. But for now it's just with the aerobics group to get me a little stronger. I'm pretty weak. Lol

I think working out with a group of 10 might be fun. I just don't know if I'll see much progress with them. Guess I'll have to wait and see.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    bensnj wrote: »

No escape plan yet. :lol: And I'm not going to rely on a trainer. Or hire one. At least not all the time. I just want them to draw up a program for me. After that I'll exercise alone. But for now it's just with the aerobics group to get me a little stronger. I'm pretty weak. Lol

I think working out with a group of 10 might be fun. I just don't know if I'll see much progress with them. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Getting out and being active in any way on a regular, planned basis is great progress if you ask me! It's my biggest problem incorporating into my life. If you go to that class on a regular basis, you're a rock star in my eyes! :wink:
    Enjoy yourself!