How on earth do you make your macros work??

Options
anewlifeat40
anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
edited August 2016 in Social Groups
Okay... I cut out nuts a few days ago because I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to them, or at the very least have a food intolerance... I also decided to drop my carbs to 20 grams from 30 grams starting today, but now that I don't have nuts to bulk up my fat and calories, I'm kinda floundering here! I guess this is why people drink BPC???

Here's what I've eaten so far today (note: I'm also doing 16/8 IF, so no breakfast)

Lunch: lettuce wraps with veggies, cream cheese & smoked salmon

Snack 1: pepperoni roll ups with bacon, cheese, and pickles

Snack 2: more bacon and moon cheese

Dinner: Pancit (filipino cabbage and ground beef dish)

Total Stats: 1009 calories, 68 g fat, 19 g carbs, 72 g protein
Goal Macros: 1526 calories, 117 g fat, 20 g net carbs, 80 g protein

I tried a BPC for the first time this week and I was pretty underwhelmed to be honest. Maybe it's just too hot out right now for me to really enjoy hot coffee... I may like it better in the winter... Does anyone have a good high fat zero carb smoothie recipe?

I'm thinking I may need to get into the fat bomb game... I always wondered why people bothered with those, now I get it... What's your favourite recipe? There's a billion recipes online but I want something that's tried and true... ingredients
are too expensive to waste!!

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    You don't have to eat all that fat.
    Are you still hungry? If not, let your body use its stored fat.. Carry on fat bombs I suppose. Lol
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    um....ever tried pork rinds and mayonnaise?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Ripen an avocado fast by putting it in a brown paper bag!
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    Ripen an avocado fast by putting it in a brown paper bag!

I saw that tip somewhere and it didn't work for me!
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    um....ever tried pork rinds and mayonnaise?

The two foods I loath the most... *shudders LOL!!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Are you hungry? If not no need to eat anything. If you are, heavy cream in coffee or whipped with a little stevia, coconut oil, Google fat bombs. In the beginning people use those more than later on cuz once you get the hang of eating fat it comes pretty naturally. Fat isn't a goal to hit, so unless you feel actual hunger don't worry about it.
  • Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Heavy cream in my coffee (iced). Sesame oil has been my favorite this week, adds a nice nutty flavor to just about any type of meat. Butter and heavy cream as a sauce for seafood- it's a blank canvas, you can add whatever spice palate you want to change up flavors.
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    I added butter, a T of sour cream and a piece of bacon to my dinner... Just thinking my cals were too low but you're all correct... If I'm not hungry I shouldn't worry about it...
  • anewlifeat40
    Options
    Fat isn't a goal to hit, so unless you feel actual hunger don't worry about it.

Thanks! I was thinking of it as goal to get my calories up a little more...

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options

You'll have days your really hungry that will balance out the lower calorie days
  • anewlifeat40
    Options

You'll have days your really hungry that will balance out the lower calorie days

I'm sure I will... came in at 1185 calories today and feeling completely full and satisfied...
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone who says don't worry about the fat unless you are hungry. I add butter when I want more food, especially at dinner.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    You've got this! The recommendations above are spot on!

On hungrier days add more fat, otherwise let your body feed you!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    ^^^ can't wait to try this. Thanks!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

Amen, sister.