SuperDorkLori

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    i agree @PaleoInScotland i mean, he's come a long way from the guy who made me cry two years ago with ragging on me for eating bacon instead of fruit. i had to put his *kitten* in check a couple of times, and now that he sees im being persistent and consistent, and i havent died, its better.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Not dying is always good. :D

I'm another introvert. I get my chatty fixes here and would miss you if you were gone. So, for purely selfish reasons, do stay. :)

Great book for us introverts: http://www.quietrev.com/quiet-the-book/
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    ill go order it from my library asap!! thank you all for your kindness. it was wonderful.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've found this particular group to be a very unique gathering of individuals. There's something very right about it that I can't explain. At times in the beginning I was a bit obsessed and here a lot, it's been a year and a half now and I come and go mostly. In the winter I'll probably be obsessed again cuz it's cold here and not much else to keep busy.

You see I've found different people thrive in different types of social interaction. For some local friends they speak with on a daily basis is what they need. I personally don't, I have my family and have had some other friends at times but not for great lengths. I think my personality is different from others, I can't be in fake friendships I can't stand selfishness and I expect as much given as I put in. On here there are so many different people with different experiences that you can find people you bond with easily and wish lived closer, and others you can be goofy with. It's a fun mix and I feel healthier than not having anyone to connect with.
  • Majcolorado
    Majcolorado Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori I know this isn't what you meant, but I can't help it:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-oqAU5VxFWs

I agree with everyone above. If you start *kitten* up because you're on here, it's a problem. Otherwise, please stay. :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I personally think you are awesome and would miss you were you not your self sung dorkiness. Just sayin...
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Another introvert here... Don't go! Tell OH (what does that stand for anyway?... my brain replaces it with "Other Human") to get his own friends. :P
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Another introvert here... Don't go! Tell OH (what does that stand for anyway?... my brain replaces it with "Other Human") to get his own friends. :P

I believe it means other half.

My mind makes it as Over Head lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    OH = Oh H3ll!
    because MFP's shoving *kitten* in there never makes any sense to me.

Introvert here also. I only have one or two very close friends at a time. My DH (darling husband) and I do almost all our fun stuff (travel, sports, etc) just the two of us - he's also an introvert. I always have liked my own company and really prefer it that way. I like to be in groups so large you are insignificant and technically alone, or actually by myself.
    Sounds like your OH just wants you to spend more time with him.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    OH = Oh H3ll!
    because MFP's shoving *kitten* in there never makes any sense to me.

Introvert here also. I only have one or two very close friends at a time. My DH (darling husband) and I do almost all our fun stuff (travel, sports, etc) just the two of us - he's also an introvert. I always have liked my own company and really prefer it that way. I like to be in groups so large you are insignificant and technically alone, or actually by myself.
    Sounds like your OH just wants you to spend more time with him.
    I know, but we both work from home, so if we spend more time together we'll need one of those double toilets Lolol
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Bwahaha . . . oh my. I've never heard of a double toilet. That's too much togetherness.

I can relate. I am a somewhat manic, oscillating extrovert-introvert. I like the idea of being around people . . . until I'm around people. Then in short order, I have to get creative and figure out a way to escape. Mostly, I've learned to stay home or do outings with my hubs only.

He is supportive because he's noticed what great results I've gotten since joining MFP. He is a little jealous of the time I spend, which has increased lately and is almost a problem trying to keep up with everything AND work AND live (humph, no work please). I also feel like I have made some real friends on here and talk about them and their shenanigans with him. He likes to peek over my shoulder from time to time to see what's up, and I'm good with that.

I worry about the disordered part, too. I am obsessive about weighing and logging. But I need to be for now. I have heart issues and come from a *kitten* genetic pool. I need to be active and keep losing weight. Hard to argue that any tool that helps us do that is bad.

Maybe if you tell OH honestly and gently about all the positive things you're getting out of it, he'll be more supportive and understanding?
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Overall he's very supportive and understanding. He has a thing against social media, and I can't really blame him. I gently (as far as I can be, I'm a bold brash one) explained to him yesterday, that he had nothing to fear from me spending time here, then went on to my normal "you can't do anything about it, so you'd better accept it" as ahem, gently as possible...Lolol
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    That's great. Ha, yes, that's my way as well: "This is what I'm doing. I hope you support it. If not, I'm doing it any way so deal."

I have to be careful because sometimes I can get bossy and all "This is what you're doing . . . now get to it." It tends not to go over as well.
  • Majcolorado
    Options
    I worry about the disordered part, too. I am obsessive about weighing and logging. But I need to be for now. I have heart issues and come from a *kitten* genetic pool. I need to be active and keep losing weight. Hard to argue that any tool that helps us do that is bad./quote]

/rant

I'm skeptical (in general, not of you specifically) of any worry that logging and weighing food on MFP or anywhere else is unhealthy. MFP is just a tool. Would anyone say they're obsessively wiping their *kitten*, or obsessively brushing their teeth?

How many hours does anyone spend on any other hobby compared to the necessary and noble work of recovering and maintaining good health?

The real issue is what is perceived as "normal" activity or normal behavior by other people. Most people don't weigh and log their food...but then again most people are fat and/or unhealthy. Do we really want to be normal?

Weight loss can be a very technical, very tough nut to crack, and accurate logging of food is one of the fundamental requirements of cracking that nut.

I'd also point out that the people that achieve great things in this world are not normal. Normal is for people that never achieve anything of note.

/endrant
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    You're right @Majcolorado . Thanks for the rant!
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Elder Scrolls
    I miss me some Elder Scrolls(and other single player RPG) :(
    My pc died an epic death and I don't have the money I can justify to rebuild a gaming PC. Sadly I'm in withdrawl :(

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori I had flashbacks to the Love Toilet SNL skit...lmao

• Majcolorado
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori I had flashbacks to the Love Toilet SNL skit...lmao

I just googled that, holy crap (pun intended) was that funny!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Ok i feel like i might the only Extrovert here lol I enjoy talking to people and people like telling me their life stories :) I find people very interesting (haha might be that maybe Im a little nosy?) Unfortunately with my crazy schedule now I don't get too much time to socialize in person and miss it! Im so glad I found this forum! Everyone is so nice and knowledgeable. Also some very funny and witty people too lol