Weight loss is so slow

Options
tmbg1
tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
I am working on truly honest logging and exercise.. Still the weight wants to hang on to me... I think it's working... Just soooo slow!! Just needed to vent.

Replies

• deholm
    deholm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! And with my low thyroid it's not budging at all! So with my clean eating n lifting weights n cardio...now what?
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Understand how you feel, have the same problem, my weight has refused to budge no matter what I try, whether I weigh correctly, eat healthily exercise etc, maybe I'm not eating enough, but I'm only a small person, any suggestions?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    deholm wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel! And with my low thyroid it's not budging at all! So with my clean eating n lifting weights n cardio...now what?

You might be counting calories already, to make sure that you're maintaining a deficit, the most important part of weight loss, and simply not have mentioned it.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    Understand how you feel, have the same problem, my weight has refused to budge no matter what I try, whether I weigh correctly, eat healthily exercise etc, maybe I'm not eating enough, but I'm only a small person, any suggestions?

How many calories a day are you eating, what is your average activity level, and how many minutes a week do you exercise? I'm small, moderately active, hypothyroid, get about 180 minutes of cardio per week, strength train twice a week, and I'm maintaining my goal weight on 1450 calories a day. I lose if I consistently cut down to about 1200 a day.

Eating more protein makes me happier about eating 1450 cal a day.
  • deholm
    deholm Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I just started a new program of lifting weights 6 x a wk, cardio 4 x wk, eating clean n no carbs after 3 pm. After 4 wks I've lost 1 pound...WOW!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Even if the actual numbers on the scale don't decrease, you know that you're more fit and muscular and that you have more endurance. It's all good !!!!
  • rbelfiore0262
    rbelfiore0262 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just started back to really honestly tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I also just started an exercise routine. For the past 4 months I was gaining about 2-3 pounds a week! Do you think it is better to weigh yourselves every day or every week?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I just started back to really honestly tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I also just started an exercise routine. For the past 4 months I was gaining about 2-3 pounds a week! Do you think it is better to weigh yourselves every day or every week?

I'm a firm believer in weighing daily. And recently heard a study that said daily weighers weigh less on average and are more likely to make good decisions about their meals.
  • lithezebra
    Options
    I don't weigh myself very often, however I track my waist measurement closely, along with the fit of my tightest jeans, which aren't very tight at the moment. I can see the value of daily weighings. I only weigh myself on the medical scale at my gym, and I'm not at the gym at the same time every day. My weight fluctuates a fair amount during the course of a day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    I don't weigh myself very often, however I track my waist measurement closely, along with the fit of my tightest jeans, which aren't very tight at the moment. I can see the value of daily weighings. I only weigh myself on the medical scale at my gym, and I'm not at the gym at the same time every day. My weight fluctuates a fair amount during the course of a day.

Makes sense. I have a good digital scale, and weigh after my morning pee before the shower.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm with you !
  • tshirtartist
    tshirtartist Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    It looks like I will lose about 1/4-1/3 lb a week ( so basically a pound a month) eating at 1300 calories a day. I hope I actually lose that much!

I hear that after menopause it actually gets a bit easier. I am hoping. . . . .
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    It looks like I will lose about 1/4-1/3 lb a week ( so basically a pound a month) eating at 1300 calories a day. I hope I actually lose that much!

I've heard that as well. A friend of mine tried to lose 50Lbs for years. Then one day (post meno) she just started losing!
  • lithezebra
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »

I've never heard that, but YAY!!!! I like it. I certainly have mental discipline that I never had in my twenties, thirties, or forties.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    I'm on 1300 a day and I've averaged about a pound per month... It's so frustrating... Oh well at least I'm not gaining anymore
  • tigerblue
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @tmbg1 that sounds like me. I've been staying between 1300 and 1400 for almost three weeks now. When TOM leaves (yes he still comes) I hope to see at least 1/2 lb loss.

I don't want to get my hopes up though.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    @tigerblue I used to be able to lose a pound a week on 1300,.... Now the weight just hangs on.... I still have Tom but not as regular.... . I don't want to go below 1300 cause I get hangry!!
  • tigerblue
    Options
    @tmbg1 me too! I just can't stay under 1300--I can barely do 1400!

And today's weigh in (TOM is almost gone--hormones should be settling down)--I was UP 0.8 lbs. seriously????