How do you treat...

Options
2»

Replies

• aserrano79
    aserrano79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been having frozen pickle juice. Something about it being super cold. But Popsicles have always been my go to for an upset stomach. Oh and diet ginger ale. Hope you feel better.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'd probably eat a couple of saltines and not worry about the carbs. But that's me.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My ACV didn't work for my extreme heartburn today, but a tablespoon of high-fat (11%) Greek yogurt did the trick.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Homemade broth

But, I second the couple saltines if that's what usually works. The stress of feeling ill isn't good, either.
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is my go-to food when I'm nauseous or have an upset tummy.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Saltines may work, they have sodium and carbs so it would appear to help even if sodium is the issue.
    But, you could likely fix the problem without resorting to going off plan...
    Broth, pickles and/or their juice, olives, salted water, anything very salty. There's lots of options.
    Unless you're coming down with something, sodium is the most likely explanation. And even then, the idea that chicken soup makes you better isn't a coincidence. It's full of sodium...
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Club soda settles my tummy...
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    bentonite
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    The reason I doubt it's Keto flu is that I'm very familiar with this feeling and knew exactly what brought it on (lack of sleep). I don't really suffer any Keto flu symptoms. I drink a TON of water and when I was adding too much sodium to my diet, noticed that I actually started retaining water. Bouillon a couple times a week seems to keep me even. And if I start getting a headache, that's usually what I add first.

So last night, I had some chicken and a cup of tea and called it a day. Got over 8 hrs sleep last night and feeling back to myself. Thanks for all the great ideas though. Will keep them in mind for next time.