How do you reward yourself?

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
Yesterday we had an amazing day, a day spent in the spa with massages, too many hours in the jacuzzi, a relaxing swim and a fab meal. How do you reward yourself for a job well done?

Replies

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Massages as well, foot spa detox, cinemas.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Buying video games...that I never have time to play, because I'm always either working, at the gym, asleep, or spending time with the little woman. Between my Steam account and my PS Vita, I probably have about seven years worth of games, at my current rate of play.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    @genmon00 I love reading too, my kindle has introduced me to new writers and genres. It relaxes me and puts me into a fantasy world where I can immerse myself.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Buying a fat, heavy book and allowing myself time to read that book :) (yes Im boring lol)

Guess I'm boring too lol
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    @genmon00 I love reading too, my kindle has introduced me to new writers and genres. It relaxes me and puts me into a fantasy world where I can immerse myself.
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Buying a fat, heavy book and allowing myself time to read that book :) (yes Im boring lol)

Guess I'm boring too lol
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    Reading is not a reward for me; it is essential to life. <3

Awww you are my kind of peeps! I <3 reading! I just finished reading two Stephen King novels, I re-read The Shining and Dr. Sleep, which is the sequel. Also I read Finder's Keepers and Mr. Mercedes by him. I really enjoy his stuff. When i was young, we were very poor and could not afford cable. So i was always at the library reading books. I began reading Stephen King like in the 5th grade lol. Then I moved on to True Crime stuff, like Ann Rule. Now I try to mix it up. Some light hearted stuff but no romance. Too cheesy for me lol. I also dig comedy memoirs, they are so funny
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Gel Mani & pedi
  • bensnj
    bensnj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Definitely reading and creating mixed media.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself yet. Been trying to think of something for when I break out of the 220's and for when I hit onederland.
    A pedi sounds great but I don't like my feet being touched... Ewww!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I haven't rewarded myself yet. Been trying to think of something for when I break out of the 220's and for when I hit onederland.
    A pedi sounds great but I don't like my feet being touched... Ewww!!

OMG you mean it's not just me?!?!???!!! I get pedicures only when truly needed because I HATE having someone else touch my feet. One of my many hang-ups. I can do a manicure (but please don't do the arm/hand lotion part) but a pedicure truly skeeves me out.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'd probably kick some poor souls teeth out!!!
    Don't touch my feet! I'll take care of them myself thanks!!
    My boy is the same way too which is awful! He's only four and can't trim his own nails yet so every other week I've got to literally sit on the kid, get kicked and wrestle through cutting his toe nails. I feel awful doing it but it's just got to be done. I even tried to get them in his sleep to prevent the turmoil but he wakes up instantly screaming.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Every time someone mentions pedicures, I am reminded of something that happened when I was a teenager living in So-Cal. A friend of my cousin's wife had terribly funky *kitten* feet. Living in LA county didn't exactly help this.

So, said wife and her friend decide to get a pedicure done at the mall one day. They get my cousin's wife seated and start working on her. However, as soon as they pulled of one of her friend's shoes, the little Asian ladies reeled back, looking like they were going to vomit, and started yelling things at each other in (what I believed to be) Korean. After a few seconds of this, one of them, while holding her composure as best she could, told the girl "foot no good. This foot no good here. You go home, wash foot very hard, then come back".

That was close to 20 years ago now, and they still rag on her about it.

Seriously, how foul must one's foot be to gross out a person who does that *kitten* every day?
    hahaha Hahaha!! omg that's horrible!!
  • yuggybuggy
    yuggybuggy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find thinking AWAY from food treats is still hard
    but so far I seem to have treated myself to a number of low carb/alternative flour cook books and info books, some good some not
    and I got a pedometer :) which I love as it tells me I am walking more than I thought I was
    (even though it cant quite manage to count the steps I do around my little flat)

not one for 'pampering' as don't really enjoy people touching me, and cant see the point of having that stuff done - each to his own I guess
  • Brigit723
    Brigit723 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Right now my reward is shopping in my own closet lol I'm not doing more until I hit onederland (7 more to go!), saving money for a new tattoo.