Weekly Post 14.-20.08.2016

Options
2»

Replies

• mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    Hey @mabearof6 sorry to hear you had a bad day. May I ask how much water did you drink during your fast day?

I usually fill my 30 oz. Yeti 3 -4 times a day. I also drink 1-2 cups of unsweetened hot tea and Bai a day

Still feeling really lousy. 3 of the kids aren't feeling good either. I'm guessing with the start of school the brought home some virus. Why did I teach them to share ?!?!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    Hey @mabearof6 sorry to hear you had a bad day. May I ask how much water did you drink during your fast day?

I usually fill my 30 oz. Yeti 3 -4 times a day. I also drink 1-2 cups of unsweetened hot tea and Bai a day

Still feeling really lousy. 3 of the kids aren't feeling good either. I'm guessing with the start of school the brought home some virus. Why did I teach them to share ?!?!

Ah right. I was thinking that maybe low sodium due to too much water, but if the children are also feeling it then yeah ... welcome back to school sounds the more likely culprit.

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Great to hear you are heading back on track, mamainthekitchen and flumi !

It's half ten in the evening and I'm coming to the end of my second fast this week. I'm trying to up my veggies on fast days and so doubled the amount, but while it takes longer to eat them up, I can't say I feel any more full than usual. I have vegetables rather than salad as I loaaaaaaaaaaathe salad. Maybe I'll need to triple the veg portion instead. I'll give that a go on Monday. I'm having the veg with around 150g of chicken.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to up my veggies on fast days and so doubled the amount, but while it takes longer to eat them up, I can't say I feel any more full than usual.Maybe I'll need to triple the veg portion instead. I'll give that a go on Monday. I'm having the veg with around 150g of chicken.

@Oolou - my fast day meals consist of 300-500g of veggies (zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower are all low cal) and about 100g of a lean protein source. My lunch is often steamed veggies in a broth with some curry powder. Very filling and leaves more cals for dinner ;-)

Had a good week food, hunger and cal wise. To busy at work to snack ;-) always good for my fast days. My weight came down quite a bit, so it seems along with losing the water I relost some real weight for the first time in quite a while. Will continue taking this path! After my ride tomorrow morning the weather will decide if I go running or visit my rebounder. But some kind of exercise will be on the menu.

Have a wonderful Friday!
  • RoxianneM
    RoxianneM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We started school yesterday, and had our second fast day for the week, and I am so exhausted. Not much exercise because we had no time. I'm hoping next week is better.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Weather stayed dry this afternoon, thus no excuses :p 7k in 55min, second run after my break and 3k more than last weekend :)

What did you do for yourself today?
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I've tried to get my walks in there but have been toooo hot in the heat wave were in! Out for dinners at friends make logging impossible! So much for my attempted challenge Flossy!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've been able to meet the challenge either, Mama :'(
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Good FD yesterday!! Started college, too!! My new ballet class started at our local university and I am, by far, the oldest. In fact, I'd say most of the others weren't even born yet when I was in college :# . It was a little sobering and I was nervous, but all I want to do is dance, so there it is! I'm changing my FD to Monday/Thursday. Friday's are a bit celebratory with the whole "I survived the week/yay the weekend is here" attitude. It makes it difficult to stick to 500 cals when you feel this way. And Sunday I set my intention of tracking EVERYTHING for 30 days. Call it an informal challenge. I'm really determined to lose the last 5-7 lbs and call it a day. I've had a few recent experiences that remind me that good health is worth it's weight in gold. Our ability to live the life we want flows from that idea. So, good health to all of you!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I like Mo/Th best too Flossy. My Friday attitude is similar to yours :p thus I totally get it. I've been logging all days for the last week or so with exception of last Sunday because I was away. I'm going to continue logging days when cooking is in my control for the same reason as you. And keep dancing like nobody's watching B)

My fast yesterday was pretty good and today I had a short bike ride to the cosmetologist and back. Always nice to get pampered and it kept me busy after dinner :) thus I'm a little under maintenance.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Flumi, great job getting focused again. There's a confidence, if you will, that you'll get back to where you want to be and that's how I feel, too. Never before have I done a "program" (although I argue it's a lifestyle in the truest sense of the word for both of us) where I can get back on track so fast and feel confident that it will happen. You're doing awesome!!!