Phase 2 of weight loss journey

Options
1sexyslim
1sexyslim Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone, I'm so frustrated right now! I've been logging in my food on Fitness pal and staying within my calorie goals set yet I'm not losing weight. I'm not sure what's going on. Any suggestions, anyone, please help?

Replies

• Megarachnid
    Megarachnid Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying? Sometimes it takes me a while to start losing and sometimes I have mysterious mini plateaus. Have you started a new exercise program? This can cause me to retain water (and thus have temporary weight gain)? Sodium intake, time of the month, etc. So many things can factor in. If you are eating at a deficit, you should see progress over time--just hang in there :)
  • FNXHRT
    FNXHRT Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you are not taking in enough tier metabolism will also slow and result in no weight loss. Less is not always better more in the quality, use the charts on your diary to see if you are at a good balance

• KevinPsalm23v4
    KevinPsalm23v4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    IF you are NOT eating enough, your body goes into safe-mode and turns calories directly into fat and then burns muscle.

Try and keep your calories now lower then 1200 and try and burn 1200 calories in cardio and weight training. Lean muscle mass burns calories faster and turns to fat for such calorie reserves.
  • blushenvy
    blushenvy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Are you updating/logging your weight loss as you're going? As our weight decreases our caloric intake drops as well. Updating your weight will reset your daily calorie allowance.
    Also, make sure your actually hitting your calorie goals, or coming as close to without going over.
    Watch the sodium intake-your body needs sodium to function, but too much can stall your weight loss. Just staying a couple hundred mg's under the recommended allowance may help.

Like a broken record, if you're guess-timating at all on food portions, your off count.
    Weigh everything in order to be accurate in counting.

Even a little exercise goes a long way. The dog(if you have one) could always use a walk, and that counts!
    For me, exercising and eating back only about 30% of the calories helps move things along tremendously (as the overall MFP community opinion is that the estimated calorie burns are off).
    That's been proven personally by when I eat back over the 30%, I maintain weight or gain it.

Don't get discouraged! Just mix up your routine a bit, be 100% accurate in logging/measuring/weighing, and press on!