Getting started!

Options
weak2wow
weak2wow Posts: 6 Member
After creating an account, you'll need to set your reminders to go off frequently. And make sure your daily calorie goal is within a realistic range. I can help you determine that number. But a good daily calorie goal is about 100 less than your BMR.

Replies

• jsmith0724
    jsmith0724 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    weak2wow wrote: »
    After creating an account, you'll need to set your reminders to go off frequently. And make sure your daily calorie goal is within a realistic range. I can help you determine that number. But a good daily calorie goal is about 100 less than your BMR.

Can you help me figure out my number? MFP gave me a target of 1200 calories but I changed my goal to lose 1 pound a week instead of 2 and now it's 1380. Just curious on what number you recommend. Thanks!

• weak2wow
    weak2wow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That number sounds quite accurate. You can go online and look up your BMR (basal metabolic rate). And if your calorie goal is slightly lower, you'll lose weight. One pound a week is a good goal. 1380 sounds healthy, but I don't know anything about you- age/gender/weight/activity level.