First off! Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @Skyygraphx Hi Priscilla! Welcome to the group :) you came to the right place for support.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @jmroemer Hi Jamie! Welcome to the group.
  • kiwitreelady
    kiwitreelady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 37, and a SAHM with a 3 and 6-year-old girls. My weight crept up slowly after grad school, and I didn't actually gain much weight during my pregnancies. Hyperemesis gravidarum made me too sick to eat. My problems have been injuries. I messed up a toe two years ago and severely sprained my ankle last December. Too much inactivity had me in an exhaustion-poor diet-depression cycle. I hope to lose 8 or 10 more pounds before my high school reunion next month, and another 15 after that. Although, it's really more about fitness than weight loss for me.
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    @kiwitreelady & @penguinstuff welcome to the group. As you can see all of us can identify with your struggle & would love to be there supporting you on your journey to better health. Congratulations on making this step and welcome to the community.
  • Thafethik
    Thafethik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone new to the group. Feel free to add me. I need motivation buddies B)
  • swiftfox1980
    swiftfox1980 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    hi all! thanks for starting this group. i'm trying to be more social in mfp for motivation.

- How many kids do you have? 2 (ages 14 and 9)
    - How much weight did you gain and have you lost any of it? (gained 60 with my first pregnancy and lost it all, gained 40 with my second and lost it all. lately, though, minus the pregnancies and postpartum, i'm the heaviest i have ever been and not happy! :/
    - What is your goal? my goal is to build strength and lose 20 pounds.
    - What is keeping you from attaining that goal? eating every time i feel the slightest bit hungry, spending a lot of time at the computer (as a writer) and drinking alcohol with my friends.

thank you fro starting this group and please feel free to add me! :)

Emily
  • marlies74
    marlies74 Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi moms! I am so glad I found this group!

I am Marlies from the greater Amsterdam area, Netherlands. I am 42 yrs old and my kids are 16, 12 and 9 years old (two boys and a girl in the middle). I used to weigh about 62-64 kgs before I ever got pregnant and I am 82 kgs now, so I gained almost 20 kgs (well over 40 lbs). Strangely, I did not gain them when the kids were smaller but most of it (75%) is quite recent, over the last 4 years. I guess medication is partially to blame. In addition, I have asthma so I gave up a lot of my physical activities. But in the end, I just gained all by eating, let's be honest. :)

My goal is to take my weight under the magic 70 and stay there for a few decades. :)

I have trouble reaching this goal because I am a stress eater.
    So when I got home from our summer vacation I decided this had to end. I hope the social part of MFP will help me to stay focussed.

Hope this covers it for now!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Marlies! ! Welcome to the group. My mom's family immigrated to the U.S. from the Netherlands in the early 1900s. It is a total bucket list item of mine to visit! !
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    Welcome welcome
  • marlies74
    Options
    akmomof7 wrote: »
    Hi Marlies! ! Welcome to the group. My mom's family immigrated to the U.S. from the Netherlands in the early 1900s. It is a total bucket list item of mine to visit! !

That's so nice! Well when you do, I can offer some inside info and tips. :)
  • sNachers
    sNachers Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ladies! :)
  • swiftfox1980
    Options
    hi all! thanks for starting this group. i'm trying to be more social in mfp for motivation.

- How much weight did you gain and have you lost any of it? (gained 60 with my first pregnancy and lost it all, gained 40 with my second and lost it all. lately, though, minus the pregnancies and postpartum, i'm the heaviest i have ever been and not happy! :/
    - What is keeping you from attaining that goal? eating every time i feel the slightest bit hungry, spending a lot of time at the computer (as a writer) and drinking alcohol with my friends.

Emily

Emily

Emily

• swiftfox1980
    Options
    I am having trouble figuring out how to add you all as friends!
  • marlies74
    Options
    I am having trouble figuring out how to add you all as friends!

Me too! Friend invitations very welcome though. :)

@swiftfox1980 , what kind of writer are you? A novelist?
  • CarmsPhotoTales
    CarmsPhotoTales Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm Carm, mom to 3 boys between 8 & 13. I'm currently at my highest weight ever but determined to make some weight loss & fit gain progress. I've just gradually gained all of this weight by not making myself a priority - I still struggle with this. I have lost 10-20 lbs in past attempts but never with an 'accountabilibuddy' as the MFP blog calls it. My goal is to drop to a size that is healthier & allows me to keep up with my boys. Hoping that by participating in groups & challenges and by connecting with friends here I will be successful.
  • jenniebean310
    Options
    Welcome to the group!
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @marlies74 @swiftfox1980 Welcome to the group! You just have to click on a person's name, when a new dialog appears, click on their name again and you will see the "ADD FRIEND" button.
  • edieb1985
    edieb1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    - I have one Daughter who will be two September 21st
    - I gained about 35lbs while pregnant and lost it all almost immediately...however-the 35lbs I gained in law school just before that? not so much!
    - I'd like to get down to 135-145 from 170-175 [currently]
    - What is keeping you from attaining that goal? Wow! So many things. 1st-and most honest-laziness. It is hard and it is hot and I don't wanna! 2nd-I have a toddler and a husband that hates all things vegetable so trying to please everyone with food is difficult and I get sucked into unhealthy food/snacking. 3rd-I have a desk job and so I eat a lot of bad take out while working...which circles back to being too lazy/tired to meal plan....vicious cycle, ladies!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) Welcome to the group!!