Clothes and weight loss

Options
KetoLady86
KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
Hi ya'll! I recently had to purchase (and found in the back of my closet) size 10 work pants! I was thrilled, and just worried about pants bc my shirts were all Large, so no problem there, so I thought. All of my clothes look soo odd on me..shirts included!! I have these little jackets to wear with my pants (i loved them bc they were very slimming)...but now they are big and look weird (to me)...does anyone have the same problem? Im thrilled Im in a 10, but look odd!!..like the pants are big in the crotch area...my butt has disappeared, and shirts are just blah!...I would be a nudist if it wasent for the csection scars and tummy flap..lol

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I do think in the process of losing weight you find clothes can fit strange or differently. The style of jeans I always picked when I was larger looks baggy and weird now. Also I often find that the size I need to buy for my thighs to be comfy is too big for my waist in a lot of pants. You really have to shop around and try stuff on in all sorts of sizes! It's a good problem to have though! :)
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Thank you so much! I didnt even think of a taylor..

And yes anglyn1, its a good problem..lol
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! You can always check out the thrift stores to help during the transition so as to not spend a lot of money on clothes that will end up not fitting properly in a few months.
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    @dmariet- I love the thrift stores...I went last wknd and purchased some things...I think I am just at an akward stage..idk...lol....Maybe I should go again and look for another style of shirt
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    That's the best/worst part about losing weight! You get new clothes! But you don't know what looks good anymore so you have to try new styles. I used to love high waisted skirts, but now I have such a defined waist with wide hips so all they do is ride up way too much. Not complaining!!
  • KetoLady86
    Options
    Lol! Congrats kimo! My butt is gone...so I am so not used to that! I cant do skirts, I would love to, but Im short, and my waiste is so high..I look like an oompa loompa
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I am living at charity shops at the moment. So hard to find nice fitting clothes that does not cost a fortune. I don't mind spending monies on clothes but I do when I want to shrink out of them. Bizarrely my feet has shrunk. I am down a whole shoe size.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    I am living at charity shops at the moment. So hard to find nice fitting clothes that does not cost a fortune. I don't mind spending monies on clothes but I do when I want to shrink out of them. Bizarrely my feet has shrunk. I am down a whole shoe size.

Yes, I've lost a shoe size as well
  • Kimo159
    Options

I've heard this happens to lots of people! It's weird to think about but I guess it makes sense. Less weight pushing down on your foot.
  • Kimo159
    Options
    KetoLady86 wrote: »
    Lol! Congrats kimo! My butt is gone...so I am so not used to that! I cant do skirts, I would love to, but Im short, and my waiste is so high..I look like an oompa loompa

My boobs went missing, my bum is bigger though because I bulked (unintentionally :s ) while running a glute focused lifting program. If you ever want to try lifting, strong curves or get glutes will be your best friend. :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    McShorty7 wrote: »

Yes, I've lost a shoe size as well

I always lose a shoe size when I lose weight...not a bad problem to have since I'm so tall my shoe size is an 11 when I'm overweight... Not just about the weight on your feet but feet get fat...mine do anyway. I notice the loss in my hands and feet first, then my face and neck. Then finally everywhere else.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    because we are doing all this painting this week I'm going through my closet, finally, this weekend...time to donate!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Lost a shoe size here too...and a bra size. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess lol
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a shoe size but my already very narrow feet are now too narrow for most shoes. When I was much younger and thinner, you could buy narrow width shoes in most stores. Today, there are lots of wide width shoes but narrow width are hard to come by except in expensive stores. :/
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    bametels wrote: »
    I haven't lost a shoe size but my already very narrow feet are now too narrow for most shoes. When I was much younger and thinner, you could buy narrow width shoes in most stores. Today, there are lots of wide width shoes but narrow width are hard to come by except in expensive stores. :/

Yep this is me too. I noticed my feet and hands getting very thin as I lost, they were always thin even when heavy but now much more noticeable. I used to love moving my fingers and toes around to see the bones move around like piano keys, lol. Thankfully I'm used to it now so everyone I know doesn't have to hear about it anymore.

As I lost I found certain brands fit much better than others. I used to but pants wherever but it's pretty common especially lc to get a nice defined waist and most pants these days for women seem to be made for those with narrow thighs and round bellies, so the waist on jeans is just you big for me now. There is though a cut of pants at banana that I swear was made just to fit my body lol, like a glove, so that's all I buy now. So shop around and try stuff on you'll get the hang of dressing your new body soon enough. Congrats!
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have lost a shoe size several times when losing weight, but I have also GREW a shoe shoe several times as well also while losing weight! When I took up running, my feet went up a whole size in just 2 months. Weight lifting did it too. I am now the smallest I have ever been and in the largest shoe size ever. My feet have ranged over 3 sizes up and down within two years. I no longer get rid of ANY shoes - I just store them til my feet change again :)
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Before I started this diet I thought I am never going to lose weight so I might as well get rid of these clothes that still have their tags on them. Long story short I got rid of about 20 years of clothes many new. I decided I am not the person I was anymore who wears reds, pinks, purples etc so all the brightly coloured stuff went. For the last year or so I fell in love with various shades of grey clothes & bought all new. Not expensive since I live in yoga pants most of it from Old Navy or Junonia and places like that. But now that I am starting to lose weight I wish I had kept a few of the things that went. I did keep a Mountain Co-Op jacket - that I could only wear briefly because I got too fat. I just loved that jacket - it is very west coasty and the day I can do that jacket up comfortably and wear it - well I think I will have a happy cry and I never cry.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    because we are doing all this painting this week I'm going through my closet, finally, this weekend...time to donate!

I cleaned out the closet before the new carpet was put in. Felt great getting rid of old/unused clothes.
    And, yes, I had to let many shoes go too.