New VSG

Options
rosannamo
rosannamo Posts: 2 Member
Hello All...had my VSG on 8/20, weighing in at 250, as of yesterday morning, 6 dys post op weighed in at 243. Joined this group to meet others in this journey as well as to get some nutrition, fitness, overall health ideas as a VSGer. Looking forward to sharing my journey & making new freinds along the way.

Rosanna

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the group
  • nimietyisnotenough
    Options
    Hi Rosanna! Lovely picture. I'm not far ahead of you—I'm a month out today, down a little more than 27 pounds so far, and also would be glad to have friends navigating this process!
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello Rosannamo, I'm returning to this board after a long absence. I'm also a newbie VSGer and my stats are similar to yours. Had my Surgery on Monday September 5th so I. Am a week out and I'm down to 242, from 246.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello rosannamo! I'm new here and also just had my surgery 0n 08/18. At a month out, I was down to 257 from a starting weight of 289. I really need to put a more current pic up as this one is from about four years ago!

My best advice for you now is to follow your surgeons guidelines and not try to push to eat foods earlier than they recommend. Take it slow and be prepared for the possibility that you won't be able to eat some foods at the day & date it says you can add them and that everyone reacts differently to the surgery.